Scenario: You've harvested your crop and need to leave for 2 weeks after drying

So, can I go directly into paper bags to prolong the process?

I wouldn’t. The risk of mold is too high

1 Like

Alright, I got ya. This sounds like a top option next to the Grovebag. I really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

Grove Bags are cheap. I picked up about 80 bags of varying sizes for $40.

3 Likes

And you like them? Think they will work for 2 weeks?

I dont know much but im going to suggest not chopping until you get back just let them keep doin their thing for 2 more weeks…you can build really inexpensive auto feeders from an under the sink RODI system if in hydro you can get a float that just kicks on when water level drops in res…that late you can get away with not feeding i mean they can self cannabalize for a week or so they should have reservoirs built up by late flower and you can keep your lights on timer. i dunno im sure there is other options but id rather hold off for 14 more days on your harvest …I dunno its too bad you didnt have this problem 2 weeks ago you can just have planted earlier. im just not sure id leave them to dry unnatended unless you are drying slowly and have tight butthole control over temps and humidity…thats another option in your dry room you could get a dehumidifier and a humidifer with RH control and assuming ambient temps arent too bad just connect all your monitors and get a wifi power strip so you can connect everything to wifi and control everything wirelessly over your smart phone also install a freakin doorbell camera so you can monitor your dry room at anytime …you can also use green bulbs so you can turn on light in your grow room while you are monitoring remotely so you can see…i dunno in like 5 minutes ill either have a better idea for you or 5 reasons why none of my ideas will work. :slight_smile: its not unheard of for a proper dry to take 10-14 days either…but all that aside i dont know jack about autos

1 Like

They’re meant to cure for as long as you can keep your hands off them. Check with @ThermoNukePanda - I read about them there before anywhere else. Also @Audiofreak if I’m remembering right.

I have them to use for my first harvest - haven’t gotten that far yet but I’m ready to avoid mason jars.

3 Likes

Yeah but Grove Bags are for curing not drying as I understand it.

7 Likes

I only have one tent and my first grow is still working. I bought another light and will be starting the new seeds outside the tent to get them going. I didn’t think of this problem before starting my current grow. I don’t want to buy a whole separate setup after spending all the money on the first. Really, I should have just bought a 10x10 in the beginning. Seems like we all keep getting bigger and bigger, right lol?

My tent is already wired to WIFI. I had to leave during the grow and can control everything from anywhere. Well, I can if my internet holds up. Controlling the RH would be difficult. Tanks need to be filled and tanks need to be emptied.

Maybe they won’t be done on my timeline and I will need to keep them going. I guess that would be best. Just want to have a plan in place.

Thanks for you suggestions!

1 Like

I’m hoping I have a week to dry. Maybe I won’t. Curing is the problem to solve. 3-4 months from seed should be enough to get an auto to harvest right? That’s what my grow is on now.

I like @nodurxshn idea best. Besides. It’s an auto. It’s gonna do stuff you don’t expect.

2 Likes

i have heard autos play by their own rules so that might be a reality as far as RH that just controls nutrient uptake they would still drink though right? just do a 2 week flush lol

1 Like

Great info, thank you! Just don’t touch them, go it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I do not have experience doing this, but I did see a commercial grower on YouTube claim that in a 60 degree 60% RH controlled environment one can dry and cure bud simultaneously, in just a couple weeks. How long you gone?

2 Likes

hahaha i heard something similar about 50/50 temp/RH

1 Like

2 weeks but I won’t be able to keep it at 60 degree. It’s in the basement and it will be January in VA but I have cats that will need to live lol.

1 Like

Yeah, this may be the option. I guess it depends on the timing of them. Love all the ideas though. Gotta be prepared. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m growing organic in coco with amendments. So, they shouldn’t need anything towards the end other than a little water.

1 Like

Some crazy good ideas on this thread …had ZERO idea you could hang buds in your fridge …

4 Likes

Same thoughts. I have multiple options for all scenarios now! Thanks to the ILGM community.

2 Likes