Scenario: You've harvested your crop and need to leave for 2 weeks after drying

Hello, guys/gals. What do you think? I’m planning my next grow and will need to leave town for 2 weeks on the first of January. This gives me a tight window on autos that I will be planting this week. I hope they will be done just before leaving. I will harvest and then hang for approx. 7 days like I’ve been told you do (still working on getting to the end of my first grow). I will not have time to cure, so what would you do given no time to monitor any cure period? Thank you!

@Lacewing @Tylersays you know anyone that would have a good idea?

1 Like

I really think you’d have to leave at one of the most important parts …
I’d decide against it unless you just want the experience of growing and don’t care that the buds will probably not be so good

1 Like

Well, that’s not good :woozy_face:. I told you I’m dry :rofl:. Trying to build up enough to get me to mid 2022 since I won’t be able to start another grow until mid January!

1 Like

A little research has suggested you can freeze them after drying…then defrost slowly and continue the cure process?

1 Like

Lol then maybe take a chance …when you harvest it …try to leave some foliage on it before you split

It may take longer to dry out and by the time you get home still may not be ready

1 Like

I do not agree
If you freeze fresh buds the wet trichomes will fall apart

2 Likes

If you ever played Metroid or Zelda …think of what the ice weapons do to the enemy
Freeze it …then you shoot it and what happens ? Lol

2 Likes

Don’t freeze your bud unless you plan on turning it into bubble hash.

Also that’s an option. If you just want a big old tub of Kief you could just toss your whole crop in the freezer and hash it. You won’t be smoking that bud but you’ll have a bunch of Kief to get you going.

Also if you do a good job growing it and wind up quick drying it you’ll still get just as baked off it. It just won’t taste as good.

5 Likes

Lol, very true.

This guy…:arrow_up: Knows his stuff

2 Likes

Maybe Grovebags?

2 Likes

There’s really only 2 things you can do A get Grove bags they never need to be burped just adjust humidity and don’t touch them for 2 +months OR B you can put your dry room to exactly 60% humidity they’ll just be curing on the dry rack and you can trim them when you come back

4 Likes

Not going to try turning anything into bubble hash. That’s beyond my knowledge at the moment. Just trying to get some flower. What about the refrigerator? Will that help keep them a little moist for a couple weeks? I guess mold grows on moist food after a week or so.

I’ve looked into Grovebags but have not found a place to get them. They only sell large packs wholesale. I could use my tent but not sure I would have a large enough humidifier/dehu to keep it going. Good suggestions though. Thank you.

1 Like

Go to their website and under shop there’s a build a box option where you can buy single bags I usually get about 10 1 ouncers for personal daily use and 20-30 half galloners for storing the entire plant.

4 Likes

I dry my flower in the fridge. Works great.

I recommend it having anything else in the fridge so nothing imparts odors

I set the fridge to its highest temp setting and that works great for me. Once things are mostly dry I stick them in paper grocery bags for another 2 weeks to slow dry.

1 Like

Didn’t see that option. Thank you!!

1 Like

What’s your method? I can have an empty fridge available. We have 2.

Sorry i edited my previous post lol

1 Like

Yeah if this was me I’d just hang the buds in my fridge and say sayonara for as long as I wanted to. Set to the highest temp and humidity setting you can and everything will reach equilibrium slowly.

I have a spare fridge that I strung twine up inside for drying and I hang my buds from the twine.

2 Likes