Saturday Pics Super Soil Grow

the treehouse has little bags of CO2 that you can buy to use, but i didn’t get them because my exhaust fan runs at 100% to keep heat down and i figured that i would just suck the CO2 out of the tent. maybe that is not the case?

3 Likes

I love hybrid lighting. Dbrns 288/cob build looked so freaking badass

4 Likes

That would be in conflict with your exhaust. Bags are to be put below your plants. As the co2 falls to the floor, if your system is working properly , exhaust draws the co2 up thru the plants, best efficient outcome you can get, if bag above you exhaust sucks it out before plants get any, hope that makes sense.
Happy Growing.

1 Like

Quick question what do you both like to use for fertiliser your plants I recently planted a few out in the backyard but I’m not a fan of using a lot of fertilisers

2 Likes

That to Monk. Unless your running a closed room, and/or very intense lighting…the air has something like 500ppm average co2 which is plenty

4 Likes

outdoor growers around here put dead fish into soil before starting.

4 Likes

It’s all about beneficial bacteria and fungi. Read up on it, Good soil and some great teas and you can grow beautiful plants.

6 Likes

I use the Jack’s 321. Its dry nutrients so way easier to store. And its 3 ingredients and the amounts never change from seedling to harvest.

4 Likes

I use the co2 bags in my grow room they last for 6 months and you get a noticeable improvement

4 Likes

Yeah I am going to do some runs without and see if any difference, the ones I got are cheap and the guy can’t keep any on the shelf hardly.

2 Likes

yea, the bags go fast at treehouse also

2 Likes

Yeah I used to buy the cheap ones the ones I bought last time are like a mushroom compost with a special bacteria and they work

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out I’m trying to use all natural with the outdoor I have a friend with cancer so I want to put as little chemicals into his body as possible he’s already on so many, he uses the hydro at night and when his pain is too much but would prefer outdoor so I’m growing it especially for him

8 Likes

You can supliment co2 with yeast water and sugar a 5 gal bucket with a lid and hoses

2 Likes

Or vinegar and baking Soda works too

3 Likes

Thanks for the Tag zparkie2… Gonna look over this and Try to Get a CLUE Lol… Thanks Again!!

2 Likes

I dig the setup @zparkie2. Good luck with your grow and I’ve got u set on watch so maybe I’ll learn some more lol :v: have a great weekend

4 Likes

@zparkie2, I Made my SuperSoil starting with Pro Mix BX… Other than that I have all the ingredients in there except for the Coco… What do you use for starter soil, and how do you pH your soil including the amount of your Super Soil in the bottom of your grow bags if you don’t mind… Im using Jiffy Natural and Organic Seed starter Mix with only Hydrated Lime added to Show (runoff) PHd to like 6.3 as Starter

3 Likes

Wow they look fantastic :grin:

5 Likes

Well I go with what my local store has and they have roots organics, has all you need. I use it for the base soil for my super soil and I use it for my veg cycle also, for veg on the top half of my 7 gal pot I just add a teaspoon of this:

I just mix it in the soil.
7 gal fabric pot filled bottom filled halfway with super soil
top half with roots organics, handful of EWC and a teaspoon of elemental from roots. Hope that helps you @Richard1-1. Just don’t think too hard about it and make it more complicated. Sometimes starting out with fox farms ocean forest is easier before you go into coco and pro mix because basically that is passive hydro and takes a higher skill level. You could easily lose plants. Keep plugging along, it will get easier.thumb

6 Likes