Sativa in a short tent

I’ve screwed up alot so my advice isn’t as good as others… but I did figure out starting seedlings under t5 bulbs (I use just 2 bulbs 2’ each) Then I keep them about 2 or 3 inches above tops. Raise as necessary. That really seems to get them off to a good start. With nodes close together. You want the close nodes from the start

Then I put them under an sf4000 spider farmer light and then I usually screw something up. Definitely learn ph and ppm, what it means and how to adjust when necessary.

I had some “hot” spots in my bags of HF I think. Definitely variations. If you have a large container dump the whole bag in and mix it up. That may help even things out a bit

Be really careful with powerful lights. Trust me

I think I might look into what @dbrn32 uses

That’s all I got. Good luck :+1: Happy growing

1 Like

You will be just fine my freind.
First off do not expect to have a plant as tall as it says its capable of cuz them size and yeild numbers are rarely achieved by professional with optimum condition and all most never by a home grower even more so in the start of there growing journey…
The “mainlinning” I suggested is alot of fun but only works with photo period plants as it increases the time they need to grow, and it requires a pretty good understanding of plant anatomy and different training techniques…

So let’s just set that idea on the back burner and maybe you watch some youtube on LST (low stress training) as you work through this first grow…
Welcome to the forum first off my freind…

But you can absolutely 100% grow a 100% sativa in a 2 foot tall box if it’s all you had.
Is it ideal? No. But you can grow pot that will get you high in it…

So your tent is plenty big enough…

One plant at a time though for sure.

Get your seed started germinating, and then over the time while it’s growing you can learn from here and youtube what issues you may run into and height is a good possibility…

But I am positive if you can learn 1 technique before the plant gets 5 nodes high (nodes being the sets of branches from main stalk that I’m talking about).
That technique being how to top, you probably all ready know how. It’s the easiest training method…

And 2nd technique is more advanced and that is super croping… it’s not as hard as it seems, it’s just kinda scary for people the first time they do it…

And I guess there’s a 3rd technique which is simply tieing branches down but that’s pretty straight forward really…

The approach I would use if I had what you have to work with would be.
3gal pot or up to 5gal, try to find the fastest squaty container I could.

But I would top after the 3rd starting from the bottom and I would remove the first set of branches on the very bottom.
You be left with a plant that has only 4 branches, I’d tie the to the pot keeping them stretched out straight till they hit the edge of the pot, after they turn up and gain a few inches I’d top all 4 branches.

As the begin to grow I would tie one branch from each inward back towards the stalk till its about halfway and let it turn up…

If you do this you will end up with 8 main colas…

Super croping may be necessary later into the grow as sometimes genetic are just to strong…

But get a seed started and just run with it, make a journal on here and tag me and I’ll help you all I can…

I’m not good with much else but training, lights, and electrical but many others here are…

Different things work for different people. We all just got to find what works for us…

But of course and indica is more suited for your tent size but I promise you my freind you can grow any strain you want in that tent.

Experienced growers sometimes are to quick to forget what it was like at first… And of course many seasoned vets will say it’s not even worth it. And that’s easy to say if you got pounds in jars and gave had have forgotten what it’s like to not have a stock pile :man_facepalming::rofl:
it’s alot of information
You don’t want to mess up
So much anxiety involved that it’s easy to get overwhelmed…
Just step back and focus on one step at a time.

1. Get light, tent, seeds, water, ph tester at minimum others things are extremely useful (I’m sure you are aware)
  2. Watch the ILGM germination video or use a method you all ready know if you want…
  3. Pop that bean baby!

And that’s it fir now… while it is soaking you prepare for placing it in it first container…

Only worry about one step at a time and that being the next step and next thing you kniw it’s harvest time and you now know everything to do it again with better results…

4 Likes

Definitely possible you got great help here to make sure your ladies make it. Welcome 2 the community

Happy growing

There is a company in Fort Collins Colorado that sells high CBD hemp seeds. Trilogene or something like that. You do have to sign a form that you will not breed their plants. $3 a seed.

Not sure if any of their strains could help you.

I bought some seeds so I can practice germination before I buy here.

1 Like

That sideways plant this week… shyt pic but as you can see anything is achievable when ya want it bad enough :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

He has a 5ft plant in a 2x4x5 :muscle::muscle:

Some say their Super Silver Haze photos got 12+ feet tall outdoors.
My indoor SSH girls are in the 4th week of flower and are about 12 inches tall.

Even the tallest Sativa genetics can be pruned and trained to be small.

1 Like

ILGM Super Lemon Haze and i had to put the net down so they wouldn’t grow too close to the light!! Still have a few weeks of budding left…. Hope I can hold them down!

2 Likes

Looking good n u got this.

Happy growing