Sara27’s first grow... please follow and help!

look up pressing with the hog (I think that was it)

1 Like

@anon33684698 aww well thank you, I appreciate it! It’s been rough but I’m a trooper

7 Likes

Hang in there Sara, from your grow. Set up and dedication and determination I can tell you’re a fighter :dancer:t2:

4 Likes

@Sara27 you will get to harvest no doubt !

4 Likes

@Sara27, nice shirt! I’m in Cali, I want 1 how much? Btw, your plants look good, nice job, me I’m still Smokin fat, on Runtz, and Super lemon Mac. Waiting for Blackjack to dry a bit, then pull Sour Tangie next. Already started on the flowering again, twins/ Blackjack, 5/6 ft tall Sour Tangie again, got’er twist her up a bit, to big for my tent. Another 4 ft tall Super Lemon Mac, another Blackjack. Both Blackjacks have started flowering already! Yep yep!

Uploading: 08EA7B62-3AA9-4D34-8278-F5071D1A4403.jpeg…
Processing: D1EEE800-EDEB-4371-B642-A9AE8B73DBD9.jpeg…

7 Likes

Hey @Sara27 how are your girls doing?
Shoot some pics doll😁
@OldSkool some dank looking buds G!
Happy growing all🪴

4 Likes

Looking good OldSkool :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Hey girrrrl! :wave: I have some experience in this and can try to help. I’m no expert, but what is it you want to know?
Sorry to hear about the nerve damage, sis. Sounds like you are on your way back from it, you go girl! xx

5 Likes

@OldSkool Plants are looking great! Thanks, actually a store in CT was giving them away for free to mark the legalization of recreational marijuana. I think I’m going to frame it so I don’t ruin it and wear it out. In my mind that’s history to me and I must preserve it for my children lol

4 Likes

@TRF my girls are doing well except for the one that’s been giving me problems since the beginning but at least she’s still alive. I’ll post an update in just a second

2 Likes

So my girls are doing pretty good. The problem child is very very picky though. Her leaves keep tacoing and even with very lite nutrients she has gotten burned tips so I won’t be feeding again for a while. The biggest girl is doing great and feeding at about a quarter of the ff chart so next feed I’ll up her dose a little and see how she does. The 4 youngest plants still haven’t started feeds yet just ro water, fish sh!t, calmag and silica.

8 Likes

@CalamityJane Awesome, thank you so much! I honestly really don’t have any knowledge other than I need to get a press and I’ve heard it’s much better to press kief bc you get more return. But other then the press what is needed? I want to order everything that I’ll need at once so when it comes I can get familiar with it before I really need it when the grows done (if I make it to the end :joy:)

2 Likes

I would almost put money on the “problem child” wanting a bigger space for its roots :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Problem child is too close to the light.
@Deez taught me that when they are praying like that they have too much. It is time for bigger pots though also but that’s not why she’s praying. Just an FYI
Your doing good doll. I’m proud of you :+1:

4 Likes

@Sara27, yes I have a couple of wax presses, and make wax. 4 ton , 6 ton press. Both have worked well. So what is you want to know? Btw, your plants are looking good, nice job! Myself, just harvested almost a 1/2 of Blackjack, just shy of 8 oz. Damn! Good high! still waiting for Sour Tangie to finish. Good luck with your grow, happy growing.

6 Likes

This looks different to me. This is more of a U shape than the V shape you get from light related reactions. I’m not all read up on what’s happening in this grow but I’d wager this is related to the little bit of nute burn

2 Likes

Look at this he also has more on pressing keif the old way & temple balls too

5 Likes

I’m not sure about this, I think it really depends on the quality of what you’re pressing. For example if you press flower and it’s too dry, you will get a lower yield than more humid flower. I imagine the same for kief but not certain. We’ve only pressed hash and bud.

We’ve used coffee filter papers and nylon bags - we prefer the bags to the filter papers (but be aware with nylon bags that they vary in micron size so you need get the right one for the material you’re pressing) then we wrap the nylon bag in parchment paper and press away.
Do research on the temp and time to press and press gradually.

That’s just a quick whistle-stop tour of what we do. Happy to try and help more if you have questions but will be after work in about 4 hours. :v:

4 Likes

@grizZz I guess I’ll be transplanting the two larger ones tomorrow. It just makes me so nervous!

4 Likes

@OldSkool Thanks, your buds are looking great and very yummy!! I’ve been doing my research I was just curious as to how much return you usually get on flower and whatever else you’re pressing. Also do you have any recommendations on good presses? I’ve been looking at the nugsmasher line and doing some reading but I like to get others opinions before I purchase anything. And people I know aren’t just posting good reviews because they get paid or whatnot. Maybe I’m just paranoid :joy:

2 Likes