Sara27’s first grow... please follow and help!

Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @AfgVet@Sara27 welcome to the community, you have received some solid advice :point_up_2:…I’m set to watch … holler if you need anything…:sunglasses::v:

7 Likes

You’re in excellent hands here! I was just scrolling new posts and wanted to extend warm welcome.

Keep up the good work!

10 Likes

Thanks for the tag @AfgVet!

Welcome @Sara27! Good to have you here!

Looks like you got some sound advice from the experts already and off to a good start!

Absolutely set to watch this one! :eyes:
Best of luck, my friend!

CJ. :v:

7 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I scrolled through your thread amd I’ll mention one thing that hasnt been said. Since your newer, I would pick one grower to help you get through this grow. Once you learn the basics you can form your own opinions on grow methods. But while your learning, it’s best to learn from one grower. Otherwise you will have clashing opinions and methods. Good luck, happy growing, and welcome to the forum.

Ps…I would pick AfgVet to help you learn the basics. She’s a great mentor!

11 Likes

Solid advice @Sara27, she was one of my mentors and she has some killer grow journals to read up on. I maid every mistake possible on my 1st indoor grow (old outdoor dude) and after a meager harvest I went back and read here journals as well as several others but as @imSICKkid stayed it’s easier to pick one for your 1st time and if your me a few more times :joy::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@Sara27 and this :point_up_2: is the best advice any new grower can get … and @AfgVet is an awe teacher …:ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

9 Likes

Anything you need @Sara27, just tag me (the @ before my name) and I’ll help you out or get someone who will if there’s something I’m not familiar with.

I’m set to watch your journal but tagging will get my attention quicker

You will find, most everyone in the forum wants you to succeed in your grow. And we have some excellent female growers, although we’re a but out numbered by the guys :rofl:

10 Likes

Thank you very much!! I’m sure I will be needing some help at some point probably sooner then later :joy: so I appreciate any help you have to offer!

4 Likes

Hi @Sara27 , I am as new and lacking knowledge of this hobby as anyone could be. I just started some seeds that sprouted 1 week ago today. In reading your first entry on this journal, I did not see anything about ventilating air into and out of the closet-except something about leaving the door cracked when the lights are on. I would think a pretty constant exchange of air will be necessary, even if it is just with the larger room the closet is in. Please ask one of the actually intelligent people on here about it, unless you already have that taken care of, and good luck with your grow!

3 Likes

I have a few fans running to move the air and an ac running in the room so I’m not sure if that’s enough or should I open a window? I feel the same as I did when my kids were babies all over again :joy:

4 Likes

Can you post another picture please mate , been a minute or two since we have had a geez at them :slight_smile:

I am not suggesting opening the window, maybe be figuring out a way to exchange air from the closet into the room (or out the window if necessary) so air conditioned air from the room can get sucked into the closet. I imagine it will not be immediately needed, but when the plants are big there should be a lot of moisture exhaled from the plants. Maybe ask @AfgVet .

1 Like

@skippyisnohippy is right, with your plants being photos you’ll need it to be dark when they flower. So no more cracked door unless you can darken the whole room it’s in.

I get what you guys mean. I’ve closed the door to see what the temperatures and humidity get to and those are fine but fresh air isn’t really getting in so that’s not great. Hmm… I have a spare room I could use if it comes to it. Guess I’ll just see how it goes! Even when I think I plan stuff well something always comes up.

2 Likes

I bored 6" holes, 1 above the door & 1 down low off to the side of the door & put in a AC 6" fan & filter. If you were there all the time I guess you could manually open the door during lights on & close in the dark time PITA. The RH would need to be around 50% or less in flower to keep bud rot at bay so think about that too. Probably watering first thing at lights on would help with that and the plant needs the fresh air most with lights on for co2.

1 Like

Oh yea I’m always home so I could open the door during lights on and/or cut some holes in the door to put up some ventilation. The humidity isn’t a factor, I’ve had to run a humidifier actually especially with the ac on.

3 Likes

Allinherhead, very nice, look at all the pretty flowers. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Oh yeah this will be fun to follow !

2 Likes