Same tent, nutes and soil, but…

Growing (4) autos in my tent, (2) AK’s and (1) each of Zkittles and Amnesia Haze. The girls are almost 4 weeks old and the AK’s seem to be pouting. Soil is slightly moist, more on the dry side. All will be watered tomorrow

Soil is Biobizz and using Botanicare Grown at less than 1/2 strength

Anyone growing AK’s? If so, do the leaves normally look droopy like my (2) are? Showing all (4) of them for reference

3 Likes

How are you determining that it’s watering day?

I.e. what method to check that the soil is dry throughout and ready to water?

1 Like

Looks like under or over watering…hard to tell from here…water fully untill some runoff then let dry untill when u pick the pot up it’s light in weight…repeat…

4 Likes

The old finger in the soil. Last night it felt slightly moist towards the bottom of the pot. I’ll give them a good watering now

My frist thoughts looking at the two droopy ones needs about a quart of water.

I just gave them all about 12 oz and was starting to get some runoff on the sides. They are far from saturated but didn’t want to get to that point. This is the most I’ve given them at 1 time. I’ll update later.

2 Likes

Over-watering isn’t caused by giving them too much water. It’s caused by not allowing the soil to dry-cycle.

5 Likes

^^^This^^^

2 Likes

My strategy in cloth is saturate completely to runoff. Letem dry out a bit and see how they are drinking then go with a steady diet. 2knuckles/feel weight/touch bottom to see if damp and water as necessary. Some strains are thirstier than others. The routine i am on now is a daily dosage after lights come on. After a couple weeks i have the amounts down. They just increase as plant matures. Ill do a dry out here and there. Just me. I do have the blessing of almost unlimited time to be with them though.

1 Like

There’s more going on than watering issues…

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) - AK47 Auto
-Age of plant -4 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Biobizz soil
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) - 5 gallon fabric
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - Botanicare Grow nutes 1/4-1/2 strength once a week
-Method used to measure PH and TDS N/A
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space - 3x3x6 tent
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum Wills 2000watt full spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights -187w and 426w total with cob lights on. ( have cobs on a limited time)
-Current Light Schedule 19/5
-Temps; Day, Night - low 70-80
-Humidity; Day, Night - 35-45%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - yes, 6”
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, -yes
-Co2; Yes, No - no

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution
[/quote]

Pics of (2) AK47 below. (1) each of Amnesia Haze and Zkittles look fine

Pics of other (2) in the same living environment

All pics were taken last night. I watered them this morning before leaving for work, not sure if the bounced back at all

So …. Are you checking water PH or your TDS? The reply on the support ticket being N/A is why I ask.

Let them dry out completely. Then pick up the pots and feel how light they are. Then water them again with distilled or RO water until the pots are heavy. Heavy heavy - like the soil is totally saturated. 5 gal of water weighs around 40 pounds. You should have a hard time lifting the pot if watered properly (it will not actually drink the full 5 gallons, but you can bet the planter will weigh a lot with as much water as the soil can take plus the soil weight).

I agree with @Myfriendis410 - it’s at least a watering issue but I’m not sure what else is happening.

No, I’m not checking PH

I watered them with 12 ounces each this morning. If they look good should I water more to saturation or wait until it drys out and fully water that time?

1 Like

That may or may not be an issue. Soil is a good buffer, but if the ph of the water you’re using is too high (I say this because my experience has been municipal water and filtered water from the tap are generally more alkaline than anything, I’ve not yet seen an acidic tap water reading), it will ultimately drag the PH up for your plant and lead to her inability to utilize nutrients in the soil, or the nutrients you feed her.

As far as watering goes, yes, just leave them alone for a few days at least and let them dry. I’ve gotten some pretty droopy dried out plants to come back - usually takes less than 12 hrs for recovery. That’s why I’m thinking you’re slowly drowning your girls and the AK’s are just the first ones to show you it’s happening.

Under-watered; let her dry out about two days too long, I had bad food poisoning and was not thinking about watering anything

About 8 hours after watering when the lights came back on:

1 Like

Updated pics, they are looking much better.

Now what do do with the fan leaves that are blocking the bud sites?

Last grow was using miracle grow in Home Depot pails. This time a good soil in fabric pots, it’s crazy how much more watering they need. Watered each with 12 ounces on Tuesday. They looked droopy again this morning and gave them 16 ounces and had slight runoff. Looks like I’ll be a busy guy watering

To begin you definitely need to invest in a good ph and ppm meter to be able to monitor your numbers cannabis in soil likes a ph range from 6.2 to 6.8 a sweet spot for most is 6.5ph when it comes to measuring ppms how we essentially measuring food for the plants cannabis like different ppms of food in different stages of life also sense you are growing autos and not photos auto flowers typically use less nutrients but you also have to be careful and watch as when the transition into flower you want to implement flowering/bloom nutrients and lean less away from vegetative/grow nutrients as when they switch to flower they want a different N,P,K ratio i automatically can say you are dealing with a Nitrogen toxicity due to them being in flower and you still providing vegetative/grow nutrients there definitely getting to much Nitrogen still id recommend getting a good ph, ppm meter the Apera pc60 is great impo id also recommend doing a plain watering once you get your meter and making sure your ph is a solid 6.5 and start to rebound from there just a fyi when autos get stunted it can dramatically decrease the yield/outcome of the grow they definitely don’t look horrible but we can definitely get your girls back on track by starting with what I said

1 Like

36 days above ground. (2) AK47, (1) Amnesia Haze and (1) Zkittles-all autos. Just switched to bloom nutes. Plants are 12” tall and showed hairs after 3 weeks. How are they looking at this stage? How do you get them to produce more bud sites and become fuller?