Blueskies first grow ,PK,PH,GDP and GL

Same here. On its surface I’d have said CalMag. But the microscope may know more than I do.

2 Likes

Here a link that’s right here …
https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/growing/marijuana-diseases-leaf-septoria/

2 Likes

Cal-mag was my first thought as well, but the second pic makes it look like it’s something growing on the leaf. I also don’t like the dark outline it has.

To be clear, my level of certainty is somewhere around “it looks like it could be”. @blueskies must make the final diagnosis, I offer it only as a possibility to consider.

2 Likes

I agree. It seems unusual for a CalMag deficiency but I can’t say I’ve ever really looked at my leaves under a microscope like that without suspecting pests to look for.

1 Like

That’s all I ever do :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I looked at septoria , the pics I see it looks more like blotches of yellow rather than pinpoints. the defects seems kind of crusty or hard .

I had this idea it may be fine particles of the earth dust that got airborne when I topdressed about 2 weeks ago, I did the first plant in the grow room with the exhaust fan on and as soon as I took the first spoon out it generated dust, did all of the rest of the topdressing out of the grow room.but this is just a wag(wild ass guess) .

that’s good if no one thinks it is mites or other pests I guess, If I notice more of this would I use Epsom salts for cal mag deficiency? I may try that or just an earth dust nutrient tea feeding

I think you might be on the right track with the boost getting on the leaves, but watch them closely.

Yeah just make a Earth Dust Boost Tea and water with it … Ever bits as good as Cal/Mag…

On another thought I used your spacer idea today :crazy_face:
Just like yours

2 Likes

next time i grow I think I will glue the pic down to the saucer. I estimate you are currently using 8 cents of pvc pipe, if budget allows I would add a few more , at approx 26 cents you will be styling!

enjoying watching your grows, by all means get a few more beans going!

2 Likes

That’s a better idea than mine, they only cost me a few bucks and they work but the pots kinda form to them so when you move them they rock and or lean. It’s not bad but your idea is way easier, cheaper, and prolly gonna work better

1 Like

Yeah a bit of super glue would do wonders keeping them in place… That’s cool again you find a small improvement. :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

thanks nmgeo for pointing out the need for spacers in the first place.my girls were destined for root rot just sitting in the water in the bottom of the saucer.

I figure if you glue 6 1.5 inch spacers to a 14 inch saucer you will be able to slide around a 5 gallon pot and it will always be about level and supported. I like plumbers goop or similar gorilla glue in a tube , it sets up fast and has a little flex to it when dry .

found some assistants while cleaning out in the garage, eeyore is of course in one of the Indicas and has preference for full amber trichomes !

got the 67 controller for the ac fan , not really necessary and gives me more things to worry about that I never knew before(OMG humidity went up to 65% overnight- AHHHH!!) but overall useful to be able to switch to " night "mode when I don’t get home from work before lights out .

2 Likes

@blueskies
I know that humidity is a war game drives everyone nuts. I have to run a portable evap cooler in this hot dry azz country. Then right after I water the humidity goes high … So I stop pumping water in the evap just let it blow and the damn evap won’t work on timer…
See you ain’t alone and I like your assistants… :v: :sunglasses:

@nmgeo @CurrDogg420 @MeEasy @Graysin @Chasfitter @Underthestairs

#26? flower

hope everyone is well was getting ready to start posting daily bud pics but I will resist for now. my nice girls have gotten all sticky and have a funky piney pineapple smell.

I think the purple kush and the newer purple haze are showing signs of potassium deficiency, with some yellowing and browning of some of the tips, the newer purple kush is a really dark green and the leaves have a shine to them that is different fro all the other, I gave them all some boost nutrient tea, hope that helps, any other ideas ? thanks

5 Likes

Hmm, fresh out of other ideas. Sounds like you’ve got a good handle on it. My only other thought is extra CalMag. There’s some relationship between the bloom nutes (p &k) and calcium and magnesium. My brain isn’t recalling what but I know that if you’re seeing K deficiency, be ready to treat a cal/mag one too.

2 Likes

Cal/Mag would not hurt but the boost tea should have the same effect. Just not going to be immediate takes a little time. Those leave are close to the buds building… right?

1 Like

I can’t remember… what are you using for lighting?

Almost all of it is in the top fans of the colas,the one bud pic above you can see a little clawing and brown tios on the low fan,not sure that is the same issue

A pic from this am,humidity control is crazy ,I have a new idea for using the in room dehumidifier at night time I will try out.

Your plants look good,it seems there are more potential problems on the too high humidity side of things so you are on the better side of it

2 Likes

Add some calmag and if leaves have shiny waxy look may be too much nitrogen, happy growing!

i have 2 viparspectra an xs2000 and an xp 2500 running about 20" above the center plants, ppfd just shy of 1000 in the center 600-700 for plants to left and right. the plant most affected is seeing 600-700 ppfd .

when i looked at potassium deficiency it mentions dark, shiny leaves as well. i will see how the boost nutrient tea works, i assume it has all the nutrients for potassium, calcium and mag deficiency in it.

at some point in late flowering the fan leaves start not looking great? i am at about 6 weeks from the flip is it to early for fan leaf decline? from the earth dust videos for flowering stage i think they count from the flip so i would be about week 6 " add nutes weeks 5-6 and then let it ride and protect the yield" .
i am thinking i have at least another 4 weeks

2 Likes