Blueskies first grow ,PK,PH,GDP and GL

You got this and yes very pretty girl :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

They look great! And back to what you were asking before, total yields have many factors, lights being a major one.

I was told in the beginning success is reaching 1 gram per watt. I haven’t seen that advice around in a while and don’t know if that really is a staple metric.

1 Like

hope all is well in your grow land! I assume this a bad idea since I did not find anyone doing this but I made a reflector out of pvc and diamond mylar that hovers over the lights and captures the light that falls to the side and redirects . not a dramatic improvement but seeing on average about 75 ppfd increase in the mid corners . if nothing else it doers seem like there is more light around the bottom of the pots and less on the ceiling.I have an idea for an improved version that will get the mylar a little smoother.

evert thing is growing really good working on an even canopy , doing some lst and super cropped a few .

growth was so dense in the last week took some of the small secondary lower branches that looked like they would never amount to much I guess larF branches?

I think day 10 from flip
starting to see some pistils on most plants .It seems people wait to week three of flower to defoliate or get rid of larf stuff but if you arguing to remove it anyway s there any benefit to have the plant devote energy to it if you are going to remove it anyway in 2 weeks?
@nmgeo @beardless @Underthestairs @CurrDogg420 @Graysin @MeEasy
should these type branches be remove or see what happens ?

My favorite"Mellisa" GDP in com soil is growing up!I guess not quite button stage so not yet in flower state?

4 Likes

LOVE it!!! Nice grow @blueskies!

1 Like

This is a GDP 9 days from flipping. It is a 8 colas Nubula manifold. Because of the space available and how robust a grower it is, I let each main grow 4 or 5 secondary branches.

You can see all of the secondary branches are well above the net and able to compete for light with the taller main colas. I should note, the next day I supercropped the 8 mains and decreased their height by 6".
On this day I was doing exactly what you asked about. Removing all buds / growth points that do not stand a chance.

This is some of what I took out

I should add that by the time I flip I have routinely removed anything on the bottom that I do not want. It is clean and ready to go

This photo is actually 7 days post flip. It gives you an idea of what stays through flower.

Roll forward to day 21 defoliation. I actually started on day 18.

Done with week three defoliation

I hope these photos are helpful.

5 Likes

Thing’s cool! As long as you aren’t cutting down light at the outside corners then it’s awesome! I love the ingenuity.

I never manage to pull enough of those sucker branches of before I flip to flower. @beardless gave you advice with photos that would be the same ones I’d follow :rofl:

Looking great

2 Likes

@beardless
@CurrDogg420
thanks ,very helpful pictures , so terminology wise, growth points with no hope of producing good bud = sucker branches?

that plant is a hell of a grower!
on day 21 defoliation do you remove fans only or take some lower growth points too?
, looks like you keep the fans that are at or below the net?

next grow I will cut back to maybe 4 plants and try a manifold /scrog maybe. it’s enticing to me in part because it requires building something with pvc!

2 Likes

Very nice jungle and I like you inventive nature… Really pretty healthy girls… :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

1 Like

thanks, it’s a jungle for sure and has the potential to turn into an overgrown hot mess but getting some good stretch the last 2 days which is lifting the bud sites out of the foliage.

when I started I did not have any particular grow plan in mind as you can tell but I guess I have a " sea of green with big pots" going, doing a little lst still to space things and fill out the gaps areas - “let no photon be wasted”

1 Like

@CurrDogg420 @nmgeo @Underthestairs @beardless @MeEasy
grow day 60 12/12 day 21
most of the plants are looking very bud like and growing good , what is the best to do with the less vigorous secondary branches that have not really stretched , they get light but have just an apex and maybe 2 branches with bud sites underneath? will there be decent or best sacrificed for the bigger branches?

as well the little buds growing off the lower branches of the mains , they don’t get a lot of light , remove?

I read to" remove fan leaves that interfere with bud sites " ? bud sites on other branches or if shading the bud sites on its own branch? I try to tuck but probably not good to have too many leaves lying on top of each other?

tempted to super crop some of the taller colas but wondering if a good idea to do at this stage of flowering?

the one gdp is so much lighter green the all the others, I thought it might be lacking something so gave it a earth dust tea boost a few days ago did not seem to change anything, I guess that is just the way that one is.

any suggestions or ideas going forward? running humidity at 60% and high 70’s temps should I start going for lower humidity?

peace and good grows to all!
![20220417_120503_resized|690x335](upload://2Z1

MS3OEoYHi9M5yUrlELVMKEs0.jpeg)

5 Likes

Looks great man, if it was me I’d let ‘em ride at this point, unless I thought airflow was going to be an issue.

2 Likes

I think it is all looking good. I get a plant here n there that will just stay a lighter green but they do fine. I’m with you on taking off any leaves that are stacked up and holding moisture between them, they can cause an issue with mold. What I do is move the leaves around a little and you’ll see and or feel the water between them. I also remove all those tiny larfy buds down around the bottoms I think they just add an hour to my trimming time for three or four grams of smoke and could actually be stealing food from something bigger n better up top

4 Likes

Those Girls look really nice to me. MeEasy and CurrDawg got you :point_up_2: … Need to tag you to my mess… :green_heart:

2 Likes

This means three week defoliation appointment. Open them up individually and between plants. Growweedeasy defoliation info is worth looking at.

2 Likes

I’m on board with all the advice given. Nebula Haze on GWE really does have some excellent tutorials and information.

1 Like

Sorry for delay missed your reply
Yes i remove both fan leaves and sucker branches. I remove suckers primarily for two reasons, potential overcrowding and will not reach canopy level (or close to it).
21 days is good time to open the plant up for both light and air movement. It will get thicker so you need to open it now. It will fill back in.
Growth points are the future bud sites that grow from where a leave stem and its originating branch intersect.

another

thanks for all the input i will read neb haze again. great help and pics beardless . tag me in nmgeo thanks

in your pics the yellow circles are removed, the one with question mark is a perfect example of the one’s i wonder what to do with , i assume since you have a question mark you could go either way with it .

day 61 12/12 day 22

took the girls to the beauty parlor for 3 week defoliation, I might have went a little over board but have them opened up a lot , in hindsight I think being more aggressive 3 weeks ago might have been better as some of the lower bud sites and Larfy branches might have been keepers if they had more light after the flip. they look kinda bare now but last trim within 2 days they looked like they had not been touched

so freaking relaxing just doing the trimming , I have always loved bonsai trees but have no patience span to let one grow for 6 months or however long it takes and then make some tiny clips and then continue on with years long project. these things grow so fast it is like real time bonsai- perfect!

redid the shroud to two smaller ones using some aluminum flashing, a little more light at the corner Thant the bigger shroud I had and takes up less space so easier to work on the plants ., all the projects I start out with the idea of some meticulously crafted item and end up with some kinda half assed but functional outcome just like this!

the golf leaf in the left corner is damn furry!

for those keeping score

rear: gold leaf(hf/com soil) , purple haze(com), gold leaf(hf)

middle: grand daddy purple (com) , purple kush(hf )

front: purple haze(hf) -2weeks, purple kush(hf) -2, granddaddy purple (hf) -2

6 Likes

:eyes: good my friend. They are coming right along…

I can totally imagine you bent over the plant holding a folded laptop screen then blindly tapping the mouse pad to take the pic. That’s some real dedication there.

1 Like