Same seed batch, odd result

These are both Blue Dream Autos planted at the same time. I don’t know what the hell is going on with the mutant. Started from day one like this. Any ideas?

3 Likes

It’s most likely what’s called Variegation leaves. It won’t cause any problems. Just sort of cool to watch.

2 Likes

Is there a cause to it? It looks kinda like one of those modified alien strains that have weird shapes.

I’m not real familiar with what causes it. I learned about them from @Covertgrower. Here’s a article if you want to read about subject.

2 Likes

Just genetics. Most of my variegations all happened with a sativa dominant strain. Still could occur in hybrids, expressing the sativa trait. Hope this helps @Scoobysnax
Thanks for the tag @Bulldognuts

3 Likes

I’ll have to check that out. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Yes its a gene fault. Genetic mutation. Is normally not an issue, however, it would preclude that plant for breeding because of a faulty gene.

1 Like

Yeah, well it’s an auto and I’m not that ambitious, yet. I’d like to be on your level someday. I have a love for landrace strains too. Can’t wait to grow Lamb’s Bread. I need more space for that though.

Almost looks as if second plant has been trained and first hasn’t too. Maybe unintentional, but if plant 2 was damaged a little could cause it to grow like that as well.

1 Like

Yes the normal one has been tied down and lost a couple leaves to illuminate the bud sites. They’re both in the stretch now. I’ve got 2 GSC the same age, and one may be an auto. She’s definitely throwing pistils. I’m kinda bummed because I was gonna veg several plants over winter to make for good size plants.

1 Like