Same plant... different growing buds?

@Hellraiser @Arrow @BobbyDigital @Covertgrower @beardless @Audiofreak Hey gromies!! I’ve been taking peeks in here and there… hope all is well. Tagging you all because of your experience and expertise. I have what should be an amnesia haze from ilgm Flipped the switch to 12/12 5/11. Why do I have two different looks of buds on the same plant?

Like 1/3 came out with the real frosty looking bud and the other 2/3 look like the other image. Any explanation? Mutation? Thanks in advance.
Happy Growing!!

4 Likes

Difference is some of the buds are foxtailing and some aren’t. Haze loves to grow foxtails, usually more on the upper buds.

6 Likes

I would have to agree with hellraiser

5 Likes

agreed with @Hellraiser just to close to light, you are getting foxtailing. also each plant is different, you will never get the same grow twice to a point. mother nature is a fickle bi!@# like that. read the plant and it will tell you what she wants.

3 Likes

Agreed with the above …look close at the leaves surrounding the buds…the foxtail colas are surrounded with leaves that have a yellowish tint to them, they are canoeing slightly and the edges are curling up… That is indicative of light intensity and heat … :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Calizona @Shazm @Covertgrower Sheesh. Thanks for the responses!!! I’m using a par meter… no more than 900 ppfd and no more than 79 degrees in the room… leaf temps are lower. So should I shoot for lower ppfd for hazes? If I back off now will it make a difference? Really appreciate all of the feedback!!
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

From what I’ve read here, foxtailing won’t negatively effect your plant. Just not as pretty. I’d say just keep doing what you’re doing. It looks great besides the foxtails

4 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes