Same old box, brand new strain

Spoken like a true Ganja Master!

2 Likes

Thank you my growmie

2 Likes

We’re nearing the end on this grow, the final push starts tomorrow morning. Got 2 1/2 gallons of ph adjusted water on standby to give her a good final flush. After a good hour or so to finish draining I’m killing the lights until Friday. The change in color to show off her purple buds has run its course, not happening this grow. If that’s the only disappointment I have by the time I chop, I’ll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
After she’s dried and put away to cure, my clone goes in to finish up flower. I don’t see this plan of getting seeds working out unfortunately. I’ll still try till the end, either way a successful monster crop clone from a first time growing a random bag seed is still an impressive step in my apprenticeship.
I’m also realizing I gave away more of my first harvest than I realized, the timing of this girl couldn’t be closer :exploding_head:
This concludes this mornings ramblings

2 Likes

Mow much you think your gonna get? Im thinking ill get like 10+ ounces.

2 Likes

I love your optimism, I think 6 is a safe guess. I’m hoping for 8 which would be double the first harvest. If I did get 10, I will be convinced I can grow a 1 pound single plant with the right training

2 Likes

11/23/20

Monday morning week 9, I flushed her with 3 gallons of water. 2 gallons were ph adjusted to about 6.8, the other gallon was just what my tap water normally is, around 7.8
Ph of my flush coming out about 6.
I’m going to give her a few more hours of light then I’m going to put her in darkness till Friday. Whether this means I get more potent weed or just weed that’s it’s normal potency but very clean, I’m good. I’m also hopeful her pot will be dry, hopefully will help to shorten my dry time. Last harvest I chopped right after watering, took almost 10 days to dry.
I wonder if I should kill the lights now until tomorrow? 24 hours of darkness, back to normal schedule for 2 days, then dark for 2 days before I chop. Give her a heads up the end is near, time to fatten up those buds quick! This mofo is itching to start chopping :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

If the lights are already on I would just wait until lights out then just shut the lights down. That’s just me though. Going to be a nice harvest for ya!

2 Likes

idk how true it is but this is what i have come to understand about the dark period. Light and heat kill terpenes i guess. And they can grow back in the dark peroid. Is that what is happeneing? for me i will up my light back to 18 hours for the last 10 days. So i hear that the dark peroid becomes even more important as the extra light will burn off more terpenes.

2 Likes

What I’m hoping to do is to give her the indication winter is here and you need to focus all energy on the buds. I hope I don’t make her freak and go hermie on me, that would suck.

2 Likes

I dont think there is time for that

2 Likes

11/24/20

Here’s the clone, I honestly have no idea how many weeks she is into flower. Going to have to go back through the journal. But she’s doing great considering the makeshift grow room she’s in. You can see from the pictures I’m trying to teach her how to read, so far she’s dumb as a box of rocks. Fortunately brains is not why I’m with her :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

To follow up on that here’s gelato after 24 hours in the dark

And this shot I just think is cool, like looking up along a giant marijuana tree :exploding_head:

4 Likes

11/27/20

Time to chop, she’s been in total darkness for 48 hours now. This is both my most and least favorite part of growing, the trim :exploding_head:
The bud structure of this gelato looks like trimming will be a little easier than my last plant. Let’s hope so at least, I’ll put up pictures and total wet weight later when I’m done. Right now drinking coffee getting stoned and gathering all the patience I can find, I’m going to need it

3 Likes

niiiice looking plant there!!! filled that box up pretty good

2 Likes

Here’s the result, I have absolutely no idea what my wet weight is. I gave that idea up real quick, my little scale forces me to stack it all on top of itself. Which smashed the buds cause there’s a lot, so I instead changed over to cut a branch, trim and hang. Then repeat, which took forever to do. But it’s done, so in a week from now hopefully I can get it weighed and put in jars. After my clone is done flowering I’m taking a break from growing. Not too long of course, I smoke way too much to shut down for long. But at least a couple months to probably redesign my entire grow setup. We’ll see, time to do the waiting part

3 Likes

Hell yeah! I picked a good day to click this link and read through! That gelato was a beauty. Thanks for the morning wake and bake / coffee read. I bet you got your eight zips hanging up there :wink:

2 Likes

That would be goal achieved if I hit 8 zips! Also great to get 8, because I’ve got a line of friends and family just waiting for the new harvest :wink::joy:
Thanks growmie

3 Likes

@Hellraiser, I have a clone that’s about 6 1/2 weeks into flower. Last night my wife opened the door letting light in for about 10-15 seconds. What I’ve read online is not clear enough to ease my mind. Is hermie the only thing I should be concerned about? How would I know if it goes back to veg?

1 Like

3 Likes

Whoa!!! It shrunk!!. lol Nice freakin job man, those girls are sparkly

2 Likes