Same old box, brand new strain

Thank you, coming from you that means a lot! This sativa grow i got going now, if I can manage to pull this off in my setup. Then I think I have an idea how to grow perpetually with relative ease.
Still have to decide where and what I will use, but I’m going to get a mother plant setup going. 4 total plants, one of each of my feminised seeds. Then I take a clone from each one and flower them in my box. If I grow them in solo cups, maybe a half gallon pot even, I can fit all 4 in at once. No topping, just extreme trimming so each one produces one giant top. With mothers available, I can just snip off new clones ready to rock once the box is free. Plus I think going this route is going to make the trimming and drying way way easier, just one big fat top. Nothing even close to larf :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Haha thats the spirit! Use what u got to grow what u need.

3 Likes

1 week since the flip to 12/12, did a decent amount of defoliation and repositioned the net on top. I’ve got most my tops at the same height, minus the two main tops. I’ll keep cranking them down daily little by little.

To this point I’ve not used any added nutrients, and the watering has not been to runoff. The soil is a mixture of MG organic and vermiculite, I’ve watered only with tap water and milk and molasses so far. Sativa flowers longer so my basic thought is to give it a month of chewing on all the goodness in the soil before adding nutes. This is my plan as of this moment, most likely will change. My ADD won’t let me follow one thing too long before I loose interest and want to tweak things :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

We’re getting there, 6 main tops now pretty much the same height. My gut is telling me to clip all new branches and keep all 6 relatively clean. Would be nice come trim time to only have 6 giant tops to clean up :+1::+1:

3 Likes

2 days?! That escalated quickly lol. Yup keep em clean. Theyll thank you later. Should be crowning up in a few days :wink:

2 Likes

I was about to put some new pictures up and I noticed something was not right, a disturbance in the force if you will. Then I saw it… @PurpNGold74 changed his picture :astonished::astonished:. Granted the new pic makes sense, and I dig it… but that booty always brought a smile to my face​:wink:
She will be missed…

4 Likes

Nothing really dramatically new to post, this is more for me I guess than anything. But I did take up the net, remove some new branches that keep trying to sneak up. Put the net back down and have things pretty well spread out if I do say so myself. The only other thing is I’m tracking her height daily now with marks on the wall with a date. Just like I did for my kids when they were little. Difference here being once grown I’m painting over the marks so I can grow another one.

4 Likes

I tightened her restraints and cranked down the net some more. As it stands right now she’s 22 inches tall from the soil surface to her tallest top. I have exactly 30 inches to the bottom of my brightest light. It’s been almost 12 days since the flip to 12/12 and this being a sativa with only 30 inches to grow and nearly 3 months left before harvest. I can only restrain her for so long and then I’ll have to let her grow and flower, so I’m brainstorming on ways to right this ship before things go south. One good thing, I give :poop::poop:‘s about what I do to this homemade box of mine. I know it’s unreasonable to ask anyone in the community to accurately predict for me how much taller my plant will get. But I figure if I’m tracking her height on a routine basis throughout the grow, measured over the days in flower. I should be able with help of the community be able to get at least as good a guess as the weatherman on tomorrow’s forecast. I can easily cut out the bottom of my box more and drop her a foot easily. Obviously don’t want to do that if I don’t have, but timing is critical because at a certain point I won’t be able to get her out to make the cut without severely risking damage to the plant.
If she only doubles in height throughout the grow I’ll make it by the skin of my ass. If more than double… hell I don’t know. I’ll figure it out though

2 Likes

Idk man but whatever you’re doing keep it up! She’s going to be a monster!

2 Likes

Lmao. Yea. U can find her making the rounds. Lol slore…

2 Likes

I really like taking pictures of my plant and posting them, I mean the same pictures over and over… it’s to the point of obsessive I think. Anyway I took a shot of my box door open to kind of show the room left for this sativa that’s roughly 2 weeks into flower. Looks like she grew 3 1/4 inches over the last 4 days!

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like anything is different from yesterday, but I promise it is. I was able to get 3 more inches in height by removing a circle cutout from the floor of my box. I added the second ring to make the hole smaller in diameter for my 6 gallon pot. I’m using a 3 gallon that’s very wide in diameter so it was sitting up about 3 inches from the floor of my box. I know that doesn’t make sense, but trust me it does :wink::joy:
In order to do all this I had to remove her from the box, raise the netting, etc. She’s back in now and net back down, this is it. I have no more options if she gets too tall, we’ll see what happens :+1:
Also gave her her first actual feeding, to this point it’s been all soil. Now that she’s flowering I gave her the tiger bloom and cal mag cocktail :tropical_drink:. It’s worked on all my other ladies so far, plus gives me a glimpse into how she likes nutrients. Tiger bloom is like 2-8-4 I think so it’s a nice little ease into things, cal mag is well, cal mag. Long as she responds well I will work up to a bloom booster I picked up at menards. 10-54-10 , if memory serves. Anyway I believe some big changes to my grow setup are coming soon… :astonished::thinking: Turns out becoming an empty nester ain’t half bad… I have so much room and things that once belonged to me again! Kids are great, and when they leave your house and start paying for themselves… at that point they become priceless. I mean that both sarcastically and sincerely :wink: I’m talking a lot of :poop:, still gotta ok my plans with the keeper of the :peanuts:

2 Likes

Haha dont we all… im so lucky mines has watched myself evolve over the years. She actually bought me part of my latest light strip build. Put like $250-$300 into them. Nice to have some kinda investment to go with the permission right? Lol

2 Likes

Amen, and amen to that!

2 Likes

19 days since the flip to 12/12, got lots of buttons popping up! Growth is exceptional right now, last night I fed her bout an hour before lights out. Intended to wait till this morning but I just kind of knew she didn’t want to wait :wink::joy:
This was the second feeding with tiger bloom and cal mag and she’s definitely happy with it. I plan to continue tiger bloom throughout the remainder of this month. I should have exhausted most of the nitrogen in the soil by then, letting me go to the African violet food I used on my last run. Hopefully she likes it, my last run it seemed to work good so why not try again :+1:
With this being my first sativa, this whole flowering for 13 weeks or more is uncharted territory for me. Everything I’ve grown so far was indica and never flowered longer than 9 1/2 weeks. So needless to say I will be feeding longer than I have before during flower, that’s why I am thinking about week 8 I should try introducing the bloom booster I picked up. Stands to reason in my mind that late flower is when a good boost of blooming nutrients could be beneficial. Maybe not? Maybe the booster should be done earlier and dialed back as the end nears?? Any thoughts are welcomed by any and all ( however few that may be :rofl: ) that are reading this. In the meantime I will proceed with the plan as it stands right now, things are looking good. My anxiety over my limited height is still a constant concern. Mostly because my entire marijuana growing base is solely indica, the stretch was real but I managed it. This I have no idea how significant the stretch is going to be, through my own experience at least. If I were to ask for advice I expect the response to be a unanimous “ upgrade your :poop: jag off !” :joy::joy:
I can’t argue with that, I willingly ignore the best option to see if I can do the impossible… why I don’t know :man_shrugging:
Maybe because you shouldn’t take things too seriously, it’s after all a hobby right. I’ll probably have to quote myself in a few weeks when I’m loosing my :poop:because there’s something wrong with my plant :joy:

On a side note things are looking good for my plans to upgrade grow setup… also should be going back to work soon which will definitely help the upgrade processes :+1::wink::joy:

4 Likes

Id be worried too! She blew right past ur net like shiiiid what net? :rofl:

Love the plan as you grow tho. The violet’s got it done last time. Why not. Good luck on the future upgrades.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 didn’t want to keep jumping all over @PurpNGold74 page, but when you mentioned pictures and bandwidth I wanted to ask is there an issue with bandwidth? I use to be able to attach multiple pics at a time, but now I have to add one at a time or the whole webpage reloads. And I have to remove the extra pictures then re add one at a time.

2 Likes

Bahahaha. Now u gotta explain urself. Just for the record. I cant stop laughing man

2 Likes

It’s probably purp and Cody’s fault lol. I was just messing with him really, kind of an inside joke.

You are having issues with anything more than 1 picture? I have heard a couple of issues with people being limited to something like 3-4 pictures but not one. I can look around some.

2 Likes

Laughing with or at me :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes