Same old box, brand new strain

How long did your GDP take to dry?

1 Like

mine was quick my temps were around 74 and rh around 50. About 5 days. I’ve been trying to get them to go longer but after 5 days they are usually getting crispy and under 62rh when i first jar. This harvest I had to add a damp paper towel in the jar to bring it back up to around 65rh.

2 Likes

Chopped and hanging, never done it this way but hope it works out. Much easier this way :+1:

3 Likes

Still early but I think I’m looking at female preflowers here? Just have to wait and see, in the meantime I chopped her head off in preparation for extreme training. Speaking of which, my space restrictions mean I need to flip to flower ASAP with this sativa. Can I train into and during flower? If so how long and how extreme can it be? @Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @Breezy
If I’ve asked this question already I apologize in advance.

4 Likes

Lol too early T. Slow down grasshopper.

Yea if ur height restrictd, flipping faster the better. But thatll be at the expense of yield a bit.

How old is she total today? Normally the first 2-3 weeks of flower, they remain trainable. The you ger they are when flipped, the longer it stays flexible tbh. Lets see her in the box

3 Likes

Yeah too early for positive sex ID.

I train as needed in early flowering to deal with the stretch, if they are getting too tall I give the tallest branches a bend and place it under the screen.

3 Likes

She’s just over 4 weeks since her head popped up, I topped her just after the 6th node removing the 7th and beginning of 8th node. I can’t get in until the zombie dries out. This humid air isn’t leaving till Monday, so it going to be a :poop:show initially getting it all together. This is the result of ambition colliding with reality :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Like literally bend over and kind of kink it? Or les extreme than that. I’ve never super cropped, would that help or is that exactly what your doing with the net?

2 Likes

I just pinch the stem to flatten it out at the bend point, plan which direction you’ll be bending first to get the flats on the right place, keeps the stems from snapping or breaking when you bend it that way.

3 Likes

No idea what kind of bug this is, but it was chilling under one of my fan leaves.

2 Likes

Kill her. I have no idea neither. But death to all leaf munchers

2 Likes

Humidity finally broke yesterday, got everything trimmed and in jars.

This grow has come to its conclusion, and I have a few thoughts after smoking a little of that nugget pictured above…
For starters I’m so glad I went with the dry trim this go, props to @Hellraiser . Also I used disposable gloves :gloves: for the first time and cannot believe I ever tried to trim before without them. Instead of being sticky it was almost slippery, weird. Anyway I also decided to get some temp/RH meters to put in my jars, again novel concept I’ve seen all over this forum. Beautiful, whole grow start to finish was so easy it’s hard to believe.
Credit where I do believe a little is due, even if it’s a different seed bank :astonished:, but every seed I’ve dropped that I’ve bought from seedsman has successfully grown into a quality product. This sweet zombie was no exception, honestly had I given her more time to veg and train better my yield would’ve been 8 ounces. I ended with 5.5 ounces, my expectation was 4 to 6 so pretty close. The taste is still a little green but very piney. Smooth mellow buzz that hangs around for a bit, definitely want to grow it again.
With jars refilled I can relax and take my time on the sativa who’s ready to move into “ the box “
Overall my yield reflects my lack of planning, which is unfortunate. But I’ve realized when I need to crank out some buds in rapid fashion and no room for error. I got this :+1:
@Breezy @Nicky @PurpNGold74 @BigHuff2316 @scylents

5 Likes

That’s one hell of a run! Great job!

2 Likes

That’s a respectable harvest, some plants I grow still only do 4oz alot has to do with genetics so I think anything 4oz or above you should be happy with. If the genetics show you they are capable of more then you know that and can re grow it.
Heck I’ve grown 10oz plants then got 6oz the next time I tried.

3 Likes

So it looks like my girl started to herm right at the end. When I was trimming the larf I saw what I thought for sure was a nanner. I passed it off instead of taking a picture… why I’ll never know. I’m terrible about stuff like that, anyway I just found a couple small white only partially formed seeds. Only in the low larfy :poop: so far, my guess is she turned right at the very end before I chopped. Question is why? Her environment literally never traveled outside a 10 degree swing between 68 and 78, humidity never got above 55 percent. I’m willing to chalk this up to grower error in causing stress at some point. There is a clone I took of her which would’ve been a good comparison to rule out genetics. Problem is I gave it to my father in law, it’s alive but sickly as F$&@ looking and infested with fungus gnats.
Oh well, I’ve got more seeds and a new strain ready to get flowering. As far as stress induced herming, I don’t know about that. I’ve always treated my plants like :poop: to be honest, and nothing like this happened. The seeds were freebies but wouldn’t make any damn sense to give bad seeds away. I guess sell bad seeds if you want to make a little cash before blowing your rep. But giving them away to paying customers… don’t make no sense. Whatever, I’m rambling… by no means does this make me doubt the seeds I bought or the seed bank. Just talking out loud, well typing quietly on my phone while watching tv is more accurate.

2 Likes

Here we go with the next in line… creeper sativa, still not sure male or female yet. Oh well time to find out

4 Likes

Started the training on this sativa, I’m limited on space so I can’t veg too long. This will be a new challenge…

As I was investigating closer I saw the sign I’ve been looking for… it’s a girl!!

I also took a branch and am trying the clone in water only trick.

I also got around 8 more inches of height after rearranging the half ass lighting. There’s so much that can go wrong with this grow… and I can’t wait. I do my best when everything is falling apart :rofl::rofl:. I wouldn’t recommend it though, anyway the challenge is presented. Let’s see how this goes

2 Likes

Nice harvest, buds look very frosty!

3 Likes

So I’ve got the 4 bottom branches all at about the same height. Just need to keep the top 2 growing horizontally until the 4 catch up. Today is the first day of 12/12, need to get her flowering ASAP.

2 Likes

Id personally chalk this one up to :poop: happens. Plants (and life in general) finds a way. You got her pretty close to the very end eh? Near end of life nanners, i always just see as the plant tryna preserve its genetics the only way she can. As long as it’s late, shouldnt effect potency very much.

I wouldnt really chalk it to a hermie plant unless the clone was grown out and thru more nanners around the same time or a tad sooner.

All in all congrats on the chop. 4.5 oz off one plant in ur space aint nothing to shake a stick at! Well done indeed

2 Likes