Same old box, brand new strain

Definitely, you can barter with them too, it’s a great way to kill a Saturday :wink:

1 Like

I was stoned scrolling through journals last night and read somewhere something about 21 days after you start seeing orange hairs your ready to harvest. Give or take a little of course, but if that’s the case then I’m about 17 days till harvest. Plus or minus a few days, I like the sound of that. We’ll see, I’m curious how that works out

1 Like

5/31/21 Memorial Day
Very thirsty this morning, decided after three feedings in a row I should water and feed the soil a little bit. So she got a gallon of water mixed with milk, molasses, and fish emulsion. Ph to 6.5 and pour it in. My whole goal here is to really try and utilize what’s in the soil as much as I can. Feeding the microorganisms with milk and molasses I think will help to achieve that, the fish emulsion as a extra boost to the roots.
I’m still too new to growing to feel like I have any real system, for the most part it’s all just tweaks here and there. But back to the feeding of the soil, I flipped this girl to flower roughly 5 1/2 weeks after she popped up her head. The soil I put her in just before flower is a 3:1 mix of mg organic and vermiculite. Soil I know there’s a lot of nutrients still in there, just need to help the bacteria’s and such that make that happen.
With all that blabber out of the way, here’s a few shots

I don’t see a single amber trich yet, but it is still early. I’m at day 50 of flower, … wait no that’s wrong. Is it?? I’m going to have to go back a little and figure out exactly where the F I am :joy:
Regardless of that, based on the 21 day countdown from when orange pistils appear. I’ve got 15 more days till harvest, which would be just over 2 weeks from now. Which would most likely mean that I’m just starting week 7.
So I’m at day 43 of flower… maybe :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks like you’re doing very well I would say! She’s so frosty I love it!

1 Like

She is, just need her to fatten up a little. Buds are still pretty small.

1 Like

Patience Grasshopper Patience….

2 Likes

She’s thirsty a day early, good sign. I want you fatter… eat , eat!!

And my little sativa after her transplant, very sad

A day spent in the sun and she’s good as new

5 Likes

Homie. My good god damn you’re growing weed!! Haven’t been around much but stopped in and just had to pick my chin up off the floor!! Well done man!!

3 Likes

7/4/21
Nothing special to update, just to track feeding.
Fed a day early and from runoff she was hungry. Went tiger bloom and cal mag this run. Week 8 starts Sunday and also should be ready for watering.
I think it will be watering here on out, we’ll see Sunday. For now that’s the plan

2 Likes

These statements dont even go together my dude… PUSH THAT PK til she pops like that kid from Willy Wonka

3 Likes

Your right, those statements don’t go together :joy:
When I talk about runoff I’m just referencing how much I get out. Based on the amount of runoff I got from a gallon I poured in. she drank up the previous feeding faster than expected cause I got the same out if I waited another day.
Tomorrow I’ll put up some pictures so you can give me your thoughts on how much longer till she’s ready

2 Likes

I do have one picture, looks like I got a bud site down where the original first set of leaves is…

1 Like

Its a crying shame you cant keep a strain around. After harvest id leave that whole lil node on and reveg it lol. Clip everything else and throw her in a bathroom… just in case :rofl:

2 Likes

June 5,2021

My little sativa drank up the 2 cups of water I gave at transplant, she got another 2 cups a few hours ago. She’s doing good, finally settling into her new pot

And a quick look on my sweet zombie

And some close ups

If only I could hold the damn phone steady, these closeups would be much better

3 Likes

I’m starting the 8th week of flower in a few hours. I’m struggling with feeding going forward, and here’s why…
I believe I have read in other journals, or other weed growing articles, doesn’t matter back to the point. That the end of flower I want to encourage the canabalizing of fan leaves. To use them up and make them easier to trim( I hope) but also for taste and such.
So, do I just keep pumping tiger bloom down her throat through week 8? Then go water only from there on out?
Or stop feeding now and water and only feed the soil? There’s food still in the dirt I’m sure, what it’s missing it will reclaim from the fan leaves. Thoughts welcomed

1 Like

Id completely out the Grow Big (if you javent already) and keep the Tiger and Big Bloom’s for another week or so. Those leaves look like they are asking for something. Not sure what tho

3 Likes

The leaves up top, and the sugars in my highest tops are yellowed and the edges and tops are burnt. I figure it’s to do with my lights, same thing happened with my gelato plant. Other than looking ugly it won’t affect my smoke any I hope :thinking::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Fed this morning with PK boost and cal mag. I’m in week 8 now so I know the end is in sight. The PK boost is just African violet food 8-14-9 is the NPK. I’ve been alternating between that and tiger bloom since a week into flower when I first saw buds form. Seems to have worked fine, here’s how she looks this morning

I don’t see any amber trichs yet but a lot of cloudy for sure. Ultimately I’m concerned with two things… first is level of thc, first and foremost. I want to get high that’s why I grow :wink:
Secondly, I want a good clean taste so that’s why I’m leaning towards going water only. Just don’t want anything lingering in my weed that will make it taste funky you know. I’m convinced I will need a 9th week of flower, but I’m not going 10. I’m not looking to be glued to the couch so I’m not waiting till all tricks are amber. At least that’s the consensus is regarding trichs as far as I understand it. Regardless, in a couple weeks I move on to a real challenge… controlling a pure sativa inside a tiny little grow box that’s had trouble keeping an indica dominant from growing too big!! I love a challenge and I love sativa, this will be good, stay tuned :thinking:… scratch that, stay stoned :drooling_face:

3 Likes

That 8 this late is pointless but loving the frost. Home stretch

2 Likes

Fed today one gallon, tiger bloom and cal mag. She’s putting on weight now, buds are getting fatter even lower down.

Week 8 ends this Sunday, still don’t own a jewelers loupe to view trichs yet. But she looks pretty close to me, think I will start water only next feeding. Not gonna lie I’ve been dying to chop this girl for weeks now :joy:. Sunday will be the end of 8 and the next watering, if she looks close enough … out come the clippers :smiling_imp:

4 Likes