Same old box, brand new strain

True, I could try a little super cropping maybe

1 Like

I also ment for when there’s bud on it haha.

1 Like

Yeah I often dump the lowest pair of branches and keep the 4 nodes of branches above it if the lower ones seem wimpy.

2 Likes

so hard to tell but the first 2 pictures are before I did some defoliation. The last 3 are after, this is just such a weird grow so far. She’s super healthy and growing, she’s just so short and fat!! I do like em thick of you know what I mean :wink:
Anyway, there’s no real difference in how I’m doing things with this girl versus the others I grew. One exception, I fed her last night and used a fish emulsion nutrient. It’s not the same fish sh!t @Hellraiser uses, but it claims to be very good for roots so I have it a shot. We’ll see in a few days whether it’s good or bad I suppose. Tomorrow will 5 weeks above ground and I guess I need to do some training. Just feels like it won’t be necessary because she is so small. Wish I would’ve known how small she was going to be, I would’ve dropped all 3 beans and squeezed them inside my grow box. She also might just be a runt, who knows. I do have 3 clones I’m trying for, only 2 really look like they might make it. If they do maybe I’ll throw them in the box. That’s hard to commit too because I have other strains I want to grow, particularly the sativa seeds I got at Christmas. Regardless, in another week or so I’m flipping her to flower and see what sweet zombie looks like. More importantly how it smokes :wink:

2 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

This runt is finally growing as it should be, I’ve done a lot of trimming yet again Uploading: A7079747-6DA8-4470-8F22-887DA384B6E2.jpeg… these were taken prior to trim. After thinning out a little I decided to FIM my tallest branch, hopefully the back up singers will join the act.

she should be ready for a drink tomorrow, if all goes well Saturday I’m flipping this bitch. That puts me 6weeks above ground almost to the day before flipping to flower :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

1 Like

can’t believe how much I cut off again. Amazing how fast they grow, everything I removed 4 days ago was back!! after trim and a close up of the top I FIMMed as well. and back inside her home. Her box is so tight I gotta keep her well trimmed to get inside of it… pretty sure I’m talking about Mary Jane :joy::joy:
Oh ya, can’t forget the little clone I got going too! Either going to gift it to someone or grow it out myself

1 Like

More trimming done, hard to see the difference in these pics. Possibly flip to 12/12 tomorrow

1 Like

I started 12/12 Sunday night and no buttons yet but she’s starting to stretch. This girl is super healthy and all has gone very well so far… that means I do for a F$&@ up soon :joy:
I’ve been experimenting with different nutrients, nothing like Jacks or AN or all that. I bought some generic fish crap fertilizer 5-1-1 and also som liquid fertilizer for African violets 8-14-6. Neither have I used at a full strength ratio, I know there’s still lots of nutrients in the soil so I’m only adding at alternating watering. Now that I’ve started flowering I will lay off the violet food and go back to general feeding until I see buttons. I plant to use my tiger bloom from that point forward just as I have before. Maybe add a little of the flower food if I see a need for added P or K, I think. Hopefully she pops a few buttons so I finally have a picture to post that doesn’t look exactly like the picture from the last post :wink:

1 Like

Besides growing weed I also have this bathroom remodel at home I’m working on. This is the custom shower I built, hopefully the rest will be done in the next week. Anyway, back to marijuana :v:

1 Like

Looking good my guy!

1 Like

Bro that’s a nice shower!

1 Like

Thanks, I had to completely gut the old bathroom and rebuild. It’s been fun and a pain in the ass, just like growing weed can be :joy:

1 Like

We’re one week into 12/12, I think is we the start of some buttons. Maybe wishful thinking, tomorrow I’ll check again. She’s due for a feeding tomorrow, so I expect her to get busy tonight making buds!!

Oh and I can’t forget my successful clone of this girl, going to gift it to my father in law. I had her outside today and dropped her on the ground, dirt and roots everywhere! Scooped her up and added more dirt, she’s rocking again!

1 Like

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks, checked this morning and I’ve got the start of buds! I gave her a first feeding of tiger bloom ( I think I’m the only grower here that uses it :joy: ) also switched my lights to red flower setting and next week I will start extending the night time hours to 13/11

1 Like

Definitely not the only person using the tiger bloom! And hey man to each their own. find what you like not what everyone else likes. your lady is looking great so you’re doing something right!

1 Like

11 days into flower, buds are forming and the stretch is on! Well, at least as much of a stretch this little girl can do anyway. But I digress… I’m amazed to be honest the health of this plant so far is perfect. No nute burn, ph issues, etc. my only issue or regret if you will, was deciding to FIM one of my tops. I thought it was going to shoot up faster than the other 3. Now all are cruising except the FIM, it looks F’ed up! Anyway if that’s my only complaint I’m fine with that :wink:

1 Like

March 4
Day 16 flower (since I changed to less than 12 hours of light per day)

She’s not yet ready for a feeding, still a little heavy. I decided to give her a thorough clean up, the general consensus on this forum from what I’ve seen is that week 3 of flower is when a heavy defoliation is done. I did it at 16 days, a little premature :woozy_face:… it happens.
Here’s what she looked like yesterday

And here just after her trip to the salon
The last shot I circled a top that was once the tallest, until I decided to FIM.
Here’s a closer shot of that top and some other close ups