Sage’s (First Timer) White Widow Grow Journal

Right on, I like the repurposed rack! And congrats on the sprouts! Get em in the …shoot, I forget, soil? :joy: Anyway, once you get it all built and everything but the plants in there, you should hop in, close it, and sit there in the dark for a while to let your eyes adjust to the darkness. Then have a good look for light leaks before you get everything in there, discover a problem, then have to move plants out. Sorry, I get wordy, but I like to be clear lol

2 Likes

That sounds like a great advice. I’m going to do that! Thanks man…

Anytime!

Uh oh… we have babies!
They’re going under light today.

1 Like

Dropping 3 seeds tonight in water to germinate. 1 each of Amnesia Haze auto, Blueberry auto, and Northern Lights auto.

For me to reference and remember:

@TXCanna I thought I remembered your lights being closer during seedling stage in your grow journal?
I’m using King Led 1200

@dbrn32

1 Like

My light stayed about 24" early in veg and got moved down to about 18" mid to late veg and flower.

1 Like

@TXCanna thanks man
(I just need confirmation I’m not crazy! So much material to process!)

1 Like

Lol. Ya there’s a lot of stuff to learn. Don’t overthink it.

1 Like

Cool! Do you need anything from us?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I think I’m good man but thanks! I really appreciate it. I’m like an expectant Papa waiting to make sure my babies are okay!

1 Like

Awesome! Let us know if anything comes up, and good luck with you grow

1 Like

I had to help the seed off of WW1 and WW3 using a pair of tweezers. I guess it will be an expirement to see if I messed them up. I was a little rough with 3. When I took the shell off of 1 it burst open to life.
Living and learning… I’d rather mess up and observe and learn now than still be making the same mistakes next time.

Also, I’m a bit concerned that I put them in too much soil and overwatered them to begin with. I basically drilled 4 holes in the bottom of a clear Solo cup, filled it with soil, saturated it with water to check the runoff, then planted the seed in it.

Sounds solid. Congrats on the new babies. And :beers: to the next set of triplets. They should have tails and be ready to hit dirt soon!

1 Like

7/28/2019
08:00
Adjusted plants closer to light. Went from 24” to 18”

7/28/2019
10:00
Moved auto seeds to paper towel

7/28/2019
11:00
Lowered plants to adjust light height to 24”

7/28/2019
21:40
Moved auto seeds back to water glasses. Showing no signs of popping

7/29/2019
07:00
Moved plants up to 22” below light (domes still on).

7/29/2019
11:30
Moved seeds back to paper towel method
Northern Lights has sprouted 1/4” tail. Amnesia Haze is about to sprout, Blueberry not so much…but maybe.

7/29/2019
18:00
Put seedlings in new24x48x60” grow tent. Installed humidifier and fan. Temp 80 degrees F. - Humidity 73%. Seedlings are still in individual Solo Cups with Solo cup propagation dome on top of each. Have yet to water since planting. Soil still moist.

I’m becoming impatient with germinating these autos. Putting them in soil.

7/29/2019
20:30

Planted the 3 auto seeds in Roots Organic Soil.
Put inside tent with no domes.

@dbrn32 @elheffe702 @TXCanna @PurpNGold74 @garrigan62 @merlin44
7/30/2019
05:00
Spritzed soil with water for seed cups. No sign of life yet. Left humidifier and fan off overnight, tent maintained 74 degrees F, and 61% humidity. Plants seem to be stretching, lowered light to 22 inches.

Here’s what WW2 looks like now, exactly 5 days since germinated seed was placed in soil. Approximately 2.25 inches tall.

2 Likes

Looks about right to me!

2 Likes

And the saga begins… good luck with the stubborn ones

1 Like