Safe pesticides for flowering?

VHey everybody. So my plants are having serious pest issues—caterpillars, glassy-winged sharpshooters, and other little things we haven’t yet been able to identify. The plants have entered their flowering stage now, and while it’s still early, they’ve definitely got some buds forming. But I don’t know what to do because everything I’m finding says I can use various oils, soaps, or other products but always comes with the warning “don’t get them on the buds.” My branches are kind of growing into spears so that’s just impossible. Either way, does anyone know of something I can use that’s still safe to get on the actual buds? I’m not gonna try to drench them (although I have lost some buds to some pests already so it’s possible the buds themselves do need to be treated), but they will definitely get a coating in trying to treat the rest of the plant.

Strain: 4 white widow and 2 gold leaf
Type: feminized and purchased from ILGM
Climate: outdoor
Grow medium: Soil in pots - Fox Farms Ocean Forest and a small percentage of worm castings

I’m in Southern California and my plants are all about 6 feet. I have DE to put on the soil but that’s not gonna help the bulk of the problem.

Let me know if any pictures are needed, but otherwise—does anyone have any suggestions? Please help! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is good till just before harvest.
And capt jacks dead bug is as well @BudzAldrin. Good luck with the girls.
Peace for now. :v:

3 Likes

I would avoid using anything with a neonic in it as plants absorb the chemical - a pyrethrin like what @Oldguy should work. I use this but not even sure if it’s patented yet

3 Likes

:point_up_2:t5: Every couple days​:point_up:t5:

And DE for the soil (larva/egg stage)

I like peroxide/water mix. Bout 50/50. But have seen a few problems from it online lately. Works for me.

Outdoor tags!!! @Mrcrabs (goat milk) @Myfriendis410 @Big123 @NavyVet420 @Ning (think u had a all natural deal?)

6 Likes

Damn purp… I’m trying to get my reg status so I’m scrolling new posts and you hit every dang gum one I can get too… Nice meeting you me Aldrin - to infinity and beyond…

3 Likes

Alternative fungicide, good article

4 Likes

Haha. Im usually lurking. Some nights u just gotta put ur thumb on the pulse. Were else better then the place that LED me to this site.

N Buz been around a bit. U gotta get out n meet the site other then us nolife regulars :joy:

5 Likes

I like me to spray BT during flowering to help stop worms.

4 Likes

I can think of two solvents to use with my juice Safe pesticides for flowering?

One is rubbing alcohol to use for veg state.

If it’s flowering, I’ll say soak the pepper/garlic with milk. I read somewhere that dilute milk could kill the bugs too. The fat in milk will dissolve capsaicin better than water and it’s save (I assume) to use on flowering plant. I have yet to try the milk but can tell if you ate chili hotter than you can handle, drinking alcohol or cold milk can cool my mouth down better than water

5 Likes

Mammonth P has come out with a organic “bug” spray an outstanding product

1 Like

It can make the leaves look scruffy and kind of dried paper like for a while. They bounce right back though. Haven’t had to use alcohol yet.

2 Likes

Really?? I wanna see what thats about

1 Like

Oaksterdam is the shit. I have all their textbooks on PDF. I use the Ed Rosenthal book the most I think. Good link man.

2 Likes

Thank u kind sir

2 Likes

What’s up man, good to hear from you again!

I was told to use some peroxide/water mix for powdery white mildew on my auto. I wasn’t 100% it was PWM though because I have these little glassy-winged sharpshooters that secrete this liquid after they suck the sap out of the plant that dries into a white residue:

But here was the peroxide/water result on my amnesia haze autoflower :pensive::

Why thank you! I’ll check it out.

@LoCoRock nice to meet you too. Looking forward to getting advice from you!

Thank you for your help everybody!

1 Like

Yea I remember this… still blame the specific bottle :joy::joy: howd the second bottle turn out?

1 Like

Full disclosure, I didn’t try a second bottle, I got too scared :grimacing:. The bottle we used was a spray bottle that I think previously had either Bergman’s Bug Blaster or Bergman’s Root Protector—otherwise it was brand new. You think them mixing could have done it?

I never reuse a bottle w a different chemical. It’s like a used condom lol

2 Likes

@BudzAldrin love the name!

2 Likes