Sad girls on my first grow please help bring girls back to life

So 1 thing with your lights download photone app it’s free it will give you, your DLI and ppfd, help take out the guess work. Also looking a pics above all looked pretty good 1 showing something just make sure your water is going in good and test your run off it will normally point you in the right direction. If I missed it above what is your soil ? And you do have a ph and ppm meter correct?

1 Like

@Jeffrey3 I go to watch just tag me and I will be there in you adventure​:male_detective::male_detective::male_detective::male_detective:

Thanks Mef.

King K thanks for chiming in. So I downloaded that app on my android a couple of weeks ago. The app starts to read numbers and then it freezes up on me everytime.

I am using ProMix Hp w Mycorrhizae. I am using advance nutrients sensi bloom a & b voodoo juice and b52 just fed 150ML 6.2PH water with 3ml a&b 1and half ml of VJ and B-52.

I had ph meter calibrated at store and I calibrated a 2nd one and they are just about in sync

1 Like

Search YouTube for your light. Type in model number and “par test”.
Good possibility there is videos of your light and just see what they get at different heights. I can tell you if heat us an issue, with most all leds, you can lower the light closer to them and reduce power on the light and still get the same intensity.
I don’t know that light so other then a par app maybe :man_shrugging:

These apps are not accurate for android devices.
I know everyone raves about them but unless it’s being used on an iPhone, it isn’t very accurate

O sorry I have an iPhone, I would say like above look on YouTube for others who might have tested your light, I looked back through your post and maybe not seeing it, what light are you using, good chance someone else is yawing same thing, they might be able to help? So what light do you have ?

1 Like

IPhone works great but android not so much according to migro

Is this what u have

1 Like

Your girls dont seem to that bad theres really no need to panic just dont give them so much water the best way is to pick up the pots when there dry to feel how heavy they are and then pick them up after u have watered them to see how heavy they are that you can have a better idea when to water by doin the lift test

2 Likes

Mine stays low with lights are on too. I found that odd. You need to be careful watering. Possible stagger your watering to 2 pots one day and 2 pots a different day. The majority of your humidity comes from you watering the plants.

Thanks for that info. I always wanted to grow but just don’t know how. I am permanently disabled and just got my med card but I can’t afford the dispensaries. So here I am learning how to grow my own Holistic Cannabis. Generic meds suck and don’t work. The :palm_tree: help me deal with the pain and anxiety.
My point for saying all that is. I invested in a kit with no experience just hear say. It came with this light. The manufacturer states it can cover 6x6 and flower 5x5. I have 4x4. After purchase I saw a par video on this light tested in a 4x4. After the test, the readings barely vegged 4x4 and he stated would be great 3x3. I complained to manufacturer gave me another light at a discount. I don’t know anything about lights so I chose what I thought made sense to me. Now I see I should have done a little homework and got a bar light.

Well it is what it is. So I have two Vivosun vs 4000 max 400 wall watts each. I have lights at 24" at 80% above tallest girl she’s 6" the others are right behind her. The guide suggests for one light during veg 18=24" at 80-100. I can upload you a pic in the am of specs in the am.
Sorry 4 the long story

2 Likes

Yes that is the light I have 2 of them

I just found an Autoflower guide from Solaris Farms. I googled it and downloaded guide. It says when you get to week 3 and four you should be watering around 250ml per day. So here seems a different method to watering. Has anybody ever heard of Solaris Farms?

1 Like

Brother KingK that is the light. I got 2 of them

One of them will do you pretty good in a 4x4 I beat. So don’t feel discouraged none…
On a scale of 1-10 it’s a solid 8 I’d say.
Grow with them and save that money that’s not going to dispensary anymore and get yourself a good flower light down the road if you want to… or pick up a 3x3 tent cheap and a light fir the 4x4 and have a vegvtent and a flower tent… :rofl:

If you’re like the rest of us and have room, you will expand anyways so try not to stress over it…
Quantum board style lights basically beam tje light straight down so long as your plants stay basically under it and don’t stick out to much they will do great.

Any thing around the far edges may be slightly behind but I think you be surprised :grin:

As far as watering goes. The best way any season grower will tell you is to forget giving a certain amount every so often as so many factors can change this.
What kinda pots it in, temp and RH, strains, and even each plant if same strains can be greatly different…

But the best way to know when to water it to let it dry completely out. Only have to do this once so it want hurt them.
Once its dry, lift it up and get a feel for how light it is.
Then water it to the point the soil is nice and damp but no run off or very little if any, then left it again…
Every day the first thing I do is give my plants a little lift, if it’s light I water, if it’s not I don’t.
And the amount can be different but the goal is to get soil moist but not soaked. Hopefully it’s got good drainage and if organic growing you don’t need run off, if using synthetic nutrients then water till 10% of what you give runs out the bottom…

Lots of good videos on YouTube that do much better job explaining then I can but hope that makes some sense

Thank you Happy Pappy, this helps a ton and makes sense.
Grow family, all this information is very important to me and greatly appreciated. I welcome grow suggestions through experience and I will absorb everything and try to develop methods that work for me. So please keep sharing your thoughts and opinions with me so I can become a better grower and take what I learn and share as well.

Thanks folks!

1 Like

Alright if you have 2 of the light in a 4x4 I would think you will be ok on lighting. Just watch out of hot spots like directly dead center is much higher then just a few inches over. I rotate my plants every few day or when I would water, move front to back, side to side and turn them, might be overkill but that way I know if I’m light in one side they will get the Light then need when you move them a few inches But looks like your going in right direction. If you haven’t noticed this forum is amazing and so many people will chime in just to help, feel free to keep asking questions we all did and it’s the only way to learn, keep up the good work

Good idea, makes sense to shift them around. Yes I notice the hot spots in the middle with my infrared thermometer. Good looking out Kikg K. I feel much more confident as a rookie knowing this community got my back!

2 Likes