S.O.S. My girls need some TLC

Hi friends!

I’m about 8 weeks deep on amnesia haze autos and blueberry autos.
Growing in great lakes water only soil
Running 1000w spider farmer and 600w Mars hydro lights
Temps range 70-76
Humidity running around 50-55%

A few weeks ago I gave my girls some light nutes (watered with molasses and epsom salts and added maybe a teaspoon of organic fertilizer 4-4-4). They started looking a little off so I posted pictures and was told I shouldn’t have given them anything and to give them just plain water and they should be better in a couple weeks. They’ve been slowly looking worse over the last week or so. Any ideas what I can do to help my girls?

Do you pH your water/nutes? Could be a pH issue.

How do you decide when to water?

How would I check pH? I was adjusting the water to 6.5ish for awhile before someone told me not to :flushed::grimacing:

I water usually every 3-4 days once the pots feel light

with PH meter…online for $10 to $100.
makes big difference. 6.3 to 6.8 for best results.

2 Likes

Some people think with a good soil you can go seed to harvest with no added nutes I call BS on that unless you re running oversized pots anyways im seeing nitrogen and phosphorus deficiency and give them 6.5 ph water(I was the one who told you you’d run into nitrogen deficiency around this point a couple weeks back) I’d also throw in 6 Tbsp of that 444 in each of the pots and start them at 1/2 Tbsp molasses and 1/4 teaspoon epsom with every gallon every watering also don’t expect quick results theres about a 2 week delay before leaves reflect fixes in the soil

4 Likes

Gahhh! Thank you my friends :heart:

I’ll feed my girls and hope for the best! I thought they might need something extra but maybe I gave them nutes too early :thinking::woman_shrugging:when I tried before I apparently gave them too much (which was a teeny tiny bit).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent pH meter or the other meter that tests the ppm? (That one checks nutes, right? :flushed:) Do I just water them until water runs out the bottom and use that to measure?

I’m so sorry for my sheer ignorance on the matter! I did quite a bit of research but realized joining this site that I missed a lot of little details.

1 Like

Apera is the cheapest I can recommend at about 40$ but until you get one give each gallon 1 tablespoon of white vinegar i find that brings 7.3 water down to 6.5 so at least you’ll be in a rough ball park of where you should be ( tap water is almost never lower then 7 and can even be in the 8s)

2 Likes

I will run one plant this next summer with no nutes. Just good healthy soil. We can all se what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are showing a calcium deficiency: cal mag will sort that out. Remember that damaged leaves will never recover so look to new growth for signs of improvement.

You need both a decent PH and TDS meter and should be testing the runoff numbers to determine the amount of available salts present in soil. If you don’t know this value it almost guarantees over-fertilizing and burning the plant. Growing in a container is NOT the same as sticking a plant in dirt outside. You have to (one way or another) provide everything for your plant.

2 Likes

I’m trying to give my girls what they need… but damnit I wish they could tell me what that is! :face_with_monocle::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The new growth was looking good which is why I wasn’t super worried yet… but now that the new growth is affected I knew something else was wrong.

I’ll see about getting those meters asap. Maybe a brick and mortar store will have them so I won’t need to wait a whole day on Amazon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Oh and thank you again! All of you :heart:

1 Like

took my girls out last night to take care of them :heart:

pH was around 7.5 and ppm around 800. Fed them and watered with stump tea. Fingers crossed they’ll be happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Ppm looks good, but you still need to get the pH down unless your soil pH is too low. 6.5-6.8 is considered optimum for soil.

Soil pH was 7.5 so I’m adjusting water to bring it back down :blush: