Ryoken's noob WW grow

the grrls, out for a night on the town…

2 Likes

I can see humidity becoming an issue as @Yoshi mentioned earlier… humdifier has been out since 12/12… it has been running high that first week, like 70, 75… bought this dehumidifier, amazon links are forum happy iirc,…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO0S0U8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so far i’m not overly impressed, but i’ll give it a bit more time before i get more drastic…

couple other things i’ve learned…

1 - fill the smart pots nearly to the top next time, they settle a bunch…

2 - THIS IS A 2 PLANT CLOSET!!! :slight_smile:

i’ve already run into an issue with losing a lower leaf or 2 in the corner by the floor heater… and now, if that smaller dehumidifier doesn’t cut it… i’d be looking at a unit of 12" x 15" x 2’ high… it’d have to go on the floor, it’s like 40 lb’s, empty…

it’s pretty out of control in there… lot’s of up top growth, pistels popping out… sorry for the cr@ppy pics…

i got my 16" round runoff dishes today… so if that works out my floor plan, other than stuffing a bigger dehumidifier in the corner, i may not be taking them out anymore… shop vac-ing my runoff…

getting ready in the next week or so to do the screen… i’ll see how far they are stretching… looks like they’ve grown like 3, 4"s since 12/12 10 days ago…

5 Likes

yeah, thats a very congested happy place! LOL Very nice!

1 Like

Oh oh watch them go the stretch is on I see!

1 Like

Buddy, you are gonna have a mighty harvest!

1 Like

so… first off, props to reg’s in here that plow thru the plethora of noob grower builds/questions… takes some dilligence for sure, thanks for checking in on me and helping…

I have no idea what I’m doing, but I’m having a ton O’ fun… :wink:

ok, today is day 19 since 12/12 swap… watered today, and out for their last time…

just a minor bit of bottom trimming and back in for the last time…

somewhat adjustable “couldn’t have been anything but a SCROG net with 4 grrl’s rammed in a closet” ™ :wink:

have 14" left of adjustment on the light…

I hope it was a good level… maybe a bit optimistic… couple poking thru… most need 4" to 8" to get thru…

they seem to be doing well, but one plant has been showing some purple stems, which i read was a deficiency in phosphorus or 1 other… didn’t have time to research it, but upped the bloom tonight to about 2/3… keep my eye on it…

have really cool budlet shots on my tabloid, just need to get em here…

the new 30 pint frigidaire dehumidifer really seems to have the room under control, runs from 40 to, maybe low 50’s… been trying to be around 70, 72 tops for “daylight” time temps… 65 to 68 for night… fingers x’d… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

day 27 of flowering… everything looks cool… bit disappointed in stretch… maybe an inch the last week. they may be done in that regard… other than bud height… but i know absolutely nothing… i learn EVERYDAY… they where a bit dry in these pics… had just watered em literally 5 minutes before… they seem to be gulping water big time… i’m sure the cranking dehumidifer has something to do with it… the smart pots too…

been pretty steady 40 to 50% humidity… emptying the 30 pint every 24 to 36 i’d guess, depending on the day… and whether i leave the closet door open to help with temps… but a world of difference between a real dehumidifier and the newer peltier style ones… this one sucks water out, and i’m WAY happy about that… the other was a joke…

fingers crossed… very minor lower loss… couple leaves… haven’t been trimming much since flowering… just the real low sprouts… probably should do more, but i’m paranoid about losing yield at this point…

hope everyone is well… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Holy cow and wow! Your place must reek, or it will, REAL SOON, my friend :v::stuck_out_tongue:

You are going to have a ton of really good home grown for your efforts, you should totally be proud of this grow, looks like a ton of work!:nerd_face:

1 Like

the last week or so, when ya walk in the room, ya definitely smell it… i’m just VERY curious to see how the buds develop… it’s amazing… the geometry of the whole thing is what freaks me out… it is literally an explosion, and knowing how to direct that is key…

I’m learning sooooo much in this grow, for the next one… I’m gonna do 2 girl scout cookies on that one… ironing out environmental has been by far the biggest hurdle once i realized how critical ph was… it’s been pretty tuned in for a few weeks now… now it’s more a challenge keeping them cool, but trying to keep em no higher than 75, 77 during the “day”…

oh, another noobie note… hand-watering, while very surreal and cathartic, really can be annoying, many a watering night, i have dreaded… i’ve gotten it down pretty damn quick these days, but all said and done, it’s 45 minutes to an hr, start to finish ph and nute… often sneaking that in with work and a new shepherd can be tough… let alone some pruning love for the grrls! what’s the self-watering method says the idjit?

just took a couple more close ups with the macro… my cam sucks… my tablet takes some nice pics, but i’m not accessing those currently…

so i guess i’m looking at another to 4 to 6 weeks or so… palease people, if you see , read, me doing something stoooopid, correct me, thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

oh, and the most exciting thought to me for the next grow of just 2 plants and having some room is, trying to work on the art of LST…

here’s one i just took with the flash in the dark…

that’s another one for my second grow checklist, a better camera…

3 Likes

I told you they was gone take off and stretch!

1 Like

so, after messing around with the 60x loupe last night, I just pulled the trigger on this…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GIDW2S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OGD6R7ISUSRX&coliid=I2F9MV2MXRLMRT&psc=1

for $45, i figure it’s worth a shot… got a decent laptop to use it with… I’m old and blind… :wink: and after probably $1200+ all told into this initial grow, what’s another $50? only thing left i need to buy are the mason jar lids for the killer foodsaver i have for my pooch’s raw meat… help out that dry/cure time…

oh, and currently, I have about 5", maybe 6", of adjustment above my light, doh… :wink:

24" to 26" from the top-most buds… and about 30, 35,000 lumens overall…

day 32

6 Likes

Look at them go…great job buddy!!!

1 Like

@yoshi thanks… :slight_smile:

I’m stoked… totally revv’d to see what this orb can do… I bought one of these last fall that I’ll use with it…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1IO3QW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hmmm, that’d be cool if it had LED lighting for night shooting… reviews, and the best pics i can muster coming…

2 Likes

just some teaser, room shots… camera station now set up… including homebrew skull camera holder…

i did take shots, but it’s gonna take a bit of practice to get down the focusing and shutter… they’re a bit blurry, maybe i’ll post something from the laptop later if i get a decent one…

forum photobomb…

1 Like

guess I should go read up on what to be looking at, lol…

2 Likes

the girls are looking REALLY good right now… leaves still look really good… just a few dropping off at the bottom… but most of the fan leaves have good color and no issues…

starting to fatten up some…looks like my net should have been down about 6"s, no more height these days… not sure how heavy they’ll get…

2 Likes