Ryoken, Round 2

hi all… been a while, my apologies… life and all that… :wink:

I’m into a second grow, after a good WW harvest this summer… Ryoken's noob WW grow

3 good babies going… center is a girlscout cookie, 3 weeks old… the smaller outer’s may be that, but i think they are White Widow… those seeds got mixed up… :wink: those are 2 weeks old…

nutes are going… just did the transplants a couple days ago… they seem to be digging it and thriving…

we’ll see how training goes… i was originally only planning on 2… so I’ll see how the closet fills out… :wink:

here’s my current sheet…

Strain; Type - feminized GirlScout Cookie and White Widow

Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest

PH 6.5 going in… runoff on next watering…

What is strength of nutrient mix? GoBox, 1/2 strength…

Light system, 600w MH/HPS Solas Tek

Temps; Day, about 75 for now… 72 at night…

Humidity; 45% to 50%…

Ventilation system; 4" room ceiling, (6" hood cooling)

AC, heat, Humidifier as needed…

Co2 - i’ll be putting in a ProCo2 tub in a week or so……

8 Likes

They’re looking good! I’ll follow along if you don’t mind

4 Likes

ok, the middle grrl is about 6 wks out from going into water… 5 on the 2 smaller ones… definitely appears the one wide leaf one on the right is a white widow, and the other 2 are cookies…

definitely need to shorten my exhaust tomorrow aft raising the lights again… grrls have been bangin lately… ever since I topped them… did the big one a couple weeks ago… and the 2 younger ones like 5, 6 days ago…

out earlier for water, and their first lower trim…

3 Likes

Looking really good! Like you’re space

1 Like

They are turning into monsters!

1 Like

thanks… yeah, a bit slow to start, but they’ve been cranking pretty good lately… it’s the spare room/closet… really should be a 2 plant room… hopefully it’ll be more manageable with 3, than the wall to wall 4 like last time… and it was just tall enough… the light was at the ceiling last time… :wink:

the nice thing this time is the environmentals have been easier to dial in… temps and humidity have been better since i started a month earlier this year… plus, it’s a bit less water this time round, which is always good, being it’s a pain in the arse… :wink:

2 Likes

I hear you about tight spaces. I started with a 2x2x4 tent and was limited. Now I have 2 tents and my other is a 3x3x7 and it feels like a mansion in comparison lol.

2 Likes

going along pretty smoothly so far it seems… they seem nice and healthy… ones got a bit of purple in some stems, but seems to be cranking just fine…

environmental’s are going real easy… humidity has been fantastic the last month or so, no machines needed… and just a bit of the heater at night… about 7.5 and 6.5 weeks now…

out for juice and another trim…

5 Likes

well, I turned them this morn… went to 12/12 and put the HPS bulb in…

the one is 9 weeks, the other 2 are 8… the funny thing is the 8 week old cookie has surpassed the 9 week one…

they’ve been cranking real good lately, but, they are just getting too tall, getting concerned about height according to last years imitation scrog lattice height on the wall…

and the closet is out of control… again… :wink: next time, 2 no matter what… they would have it filled nicely right now…

bit of a trim, and water last night with bloom nutes…

here’s a couple flash ones on the over night…

and today with the HPS going…

the big 8 week cookie is all the way on the left, 8 wk widow in the mid, 9 cookie on the right, it’s the bushiest of the bunch…

can’t wait to start playing with the microscope again… I’m actually gonna fabricate a tripod/holder for it to hopefully get really good shots this time around…

4 Likes

Looking good my dude

1 Like

well, the stretch is on… :wink: been about 9 days…

hopefully they are not gonna get too much taller, they are already taller than the last go around… in hindsight, I should have left the MH in for a couple weeks after the turn to try to keep it under control some… I have been keeping the light pretty tight to promote staying a bit shorter… closest bud point is about 65,000 lumen right now… most of the other areas are in the 35 to 55 range…

once they settle in and stop, I’ll raise that up a bit… I’ve got about 12" of adjustment left… :sweat:

4 Likes

They’re getting big!

1 Like

about 17 days into the turn… They seem to have stopped their stretch at about 5 1/2’… so I moved the light up to the ceiling to help keep heat under control… that;s all she’s got captin!!! :wink:

they’re looking pretty good, been losing a few leaves down low, but I attribute that to some relatively warm temps due to the dehumidifier pumping warm air around the bottom of the room…

getting a bit floppy outside of the closet now, but once in, they are holding each other up well up against the walls… trying not to defoliate too much for now. maintain that leaf armor… just a few of the hammered leaves on tonight’s watering…

trying to hold off on a fake scrog net to help keep things where i want them in the closet… the jungle/walls seem to keep them upright for now… once the net goes in, I wont pull them out anymore, so I’ll try to wait till they fatten up some… :wink:

one thing I learned from last yr is that running that dehumidifier all the time keeping the #'s down around 40%, really sucks the soil dry quick during flowering… so I’m watering more frequently…

5 Likes

26 days into the turn… they aren’t coming out anymore… :wink: started getting a bit more weight and floppy when i had em out for water the other night… the 2 are about 5 1/2’, the other is about a foot shorter… so they are back in for the last time, and i laced up a lattice tonight to help with the flopping around…

all the budlets are really starting to get fuzzy… getting excited to see them really start fattening up now… I’m hopeful that it surpasses the last harvest, in quantity, and more importantly, quality…

last end result was 11 ounces, I’m thinking this one could be bigger, maybe a lb if i’m lucky… but more importantly, I definitely want to give them that last 10 to 14 days or so that i would have liked to given them last time… it was really good, but I think it can be better… getting revved up to document some good digital micro shots… last yr was a bit of a blurry fail in that department…

really want to remove some of the bigger, upper fan leaves to get a little more light down low, but I’m gonna wait a bit to try and keep them as healthy as possible for a bit… other than few down low, they look REALLY healthy… long way to go tho… :wink:

on with the pics… I’ll try to get some night/flash pics in the next couple days…

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!!! Plants look great bud

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

hey, thanks guys! didn’t even realize that showed up there… :wink:

just a quite day hanging with my best friend in the shop… :slight_smile:

hopefully I’ll have some cool updates coming up… have a great week! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful pup! A Belgian right? I grew up with German Shepherds. We adopted a female for like two days, my wife’s yorkie tried to attack all 110 pounds of her for jumping on our bed. $1400 vet bill and a new sheet set later, she ended up at my parents. They’ve all been great!

1 Like

lol, nope… good eye tho! :wink: he get’s mistaken for one all the time! his parents are actually both standard american shorthaired GSD’s, right out of westminster dog show type stuff…

where he got the mane, longhair from, who knows… well, actually they say that’s a recessive gene thing, but… nonetheless, none of that was important… he’s with me 24/7 and i would do anything for him… he’s raw-fed, just turned 2 at x-mas and about 100 lbs… his name is Kai, short for Malakai… and thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good looking pup! As you can see by my avatar, I have and love my German Shepherd/ Husky!

3 Likes