Rust looking brown spots on leaves

With the rust is it “in” the leaf or “on top” of it? By that I mean can you scrape it or something? I’m guessing in a calmag deficiency you’d have more yellow?

It can not be wiped off and is not a powder.

Here is a leaf I just clipped off.!

1 Like

@Bogleg

It is in the leaf.

1 Like

@Bogleg

As stated above

Will

2 Likes

OK…they have been removed.

1 Like

OK good. Take them out some where can’t infect Any other plants.

1 Like

Hi,
First I have heard of this rust spots as a fungus. I don’t see any powdery substance, but trimmed off the affected leaves as soon as I read this. Tell me, can I trim out the small leaves hugging the stalk, and branches to improve air circulation? I have cut the humidity to 60%, temp is 75 F, in a grow tent with LED lighting. Two 600W and one 400W on six Purple Haze plants. Second grow. No problems with first one (on second floor). First time in a cellar in MA. Started in late September, and too wet.
Just wiped out the fungus gnats with microbes, so growth is improving.

Note the use of water bottles with holes below two inches to eradicate f.g. larvae.

Can you use sulfur on pot plants in the veg stage?

@Ozzimotosan1

Ya that’s fine. But not to many. And if you get them gnats again, here’s a tip.
Cut up or slice it up a potatoe and place the slices on the soil. The gnats when they hatch are attracted to it and die.
Just for your info.

Will

1 Like

Thanks Will. tried the potato trick. Didn’t work. How often do you change them?

I’m surprised it didn’t work. Has in the past. Maybe the microbes had something to do with it, no telling. The main thing is you got rid of them.
You change them when there covered with gnats. But in your case it didn’t either work or they were already dead.

Will

1 Like

@garrigan62

Ok, I’ve moved up the lights, removed the infected leaves, changed the water/nutes and added Cal-mag in all 4 buckets and I have one more question…hmmm at the moment :slight_smile:
Why are some leaves curling up on the edges? See the position of the osculating fan…(on lowest)…is it too close?

The curling was most likely from The light being a bit to close

1 Like

Looks like @garrigan62 has you sorted out.
I wanted to mention your plants look great :+1:
Looks like you are doing well for your first grow.

@Jmesser80

thank you for the kind words yeah he’s going to be just fine

Thanks All…my girls still lookin good tonight.

1 Like

What is that light? PAR 1200? I got my PAR 450 at the same height as you. If I owned your light I would take it even higher than what it is now. Either that or I would dim some of the red setting so it wouldn’t have the same intensity.

1 Like

Viparspectra PAR1200 Dimmable Series 1200W LED

1 Like

@garrigan62

Now its spreading like crazy. What is going on??? My hydroponic guy swears its Cal/mag deficient and that I didn’t put enough in yesterday. Repeat…it cannot be rubbed off and it is not a powder on the surface.
It started with the lower leaves and is working its way up. Help

1 Like