Russet Hemp Mites

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“Suggestions on how to deal with Russet Hemp Mites and prevention for next year please. Several of us in W. CO were wiped out because of these things things. They hit us with only 2-3 weeks left in the flowering process. Help!”

1 Like

I would try AzaMax or Neem Oil. I just got hit with spider mites here in Portland, OR with 3-4 weeks of flowering left and it seems to be helping. I’ve tried a lot of other remedies to no avail. Good luck!

Use this…it works great. I use it.

Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes or more soak them over night in water adding hot chili power the hotter the better. And
Boil it for 2 to 3 miniutes, let it cool off. Then using ladies nylon socks strain other wise you won’t be able to spray it. and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap if you like to the mixture.
(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)

Garrigan

4 Likes

Thanks never herd of that I’ll put that one :point_up: in the bank :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

Hey, what is ‘safer soap’? The winds been blowing and these little buggers blew in and infected my plants.

@Loneviking

Here ya go my friend

https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-5110-6-Insect-Killing/dp/B000BQL8UY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1537349543&sr=8-2&keywords=safer+soap?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks ! How much water do you use when making your nicotine spray?

I use about 3 or 4 cups cause of evaporation. and I use about a half pack of smokes and get some hot chile sauce. I just went through this just a couple of weeks before harvest. Dam mites…lol

1 Like

Sorry about the spelling…lol

I figure a tin of Copenhagen, some Habanero Tabasco and water should work.:joy::fearful:

2 Likes