Ruski's Grow Journal

Hello anyone that sees this! I’m starting a grow journal for my 2nd grow after following @Hellraiser s grow journal religiously. Mostly making this so I don’t just have to use a txt document on my PC to log it and so I can just @ Hell and anyone else for help without filling someone else’s log with pics. Thanks for stopping by!

6 Likes

Yesterday I put the seeds I got into a water cup and put that in my kitchen cupboard to keep it dark and warm.

Popped the seeds into some happy frog with a little extra perlite mixed in

Now to wait for em to sprout. Thought about putting a humidity cup or something on em but it’s probably fine since I have decently high humidity here :slight_smile:
Might pop the saucer on a bucket or something to keep the cups away from the floor if it gets cold

3 Likes

What seeds are you running?

No idea! I’m trying to save a lil money by growing the bag seeds I’ve gotten from dispensaries the past year so It’ll be a mystery. Strong chance one of em is Coup De Grace and Dutch Treat. Possible Zkittlez but no guarantee since I just tossed them all in one container. The seeds I find now I try to label though so after I get through all my rando seeds I’ll hopefully do some grows where I know what I’m growing lol

5 Likes

the Zkittlez seeds are very tiny. I just got some from here, and realized all of them i had from PURCHASED Zkittz were just like it!!! i had tossed them thinking someone messed up and that they were immature being so dang tiny, lol. now i know … :wink: :slight_smile: following the grow, always interesting watching others’ experiences and successes

2 Likes

Excited to watch the grow.

1 Like

Just a suggestion, but I always just put a sandwich bag over the tops of the cups to keep the top layer of soil from drying out so fast. Probably work either way.

1 Like

Thought about doing that but didn’t since my humidity is usually pretty high. However I just moved and the humidity here isn’t that high at all so I may end up doing that so I don’t have to moisten the top at all :slight_smile:

cut the corners off for airflow :wink:

I’ll do that once I see them pop out of the dirt to keep the moisture in for now. RH in tent is only 35 whereas in my last place it was like 45 to 50 easily.

1 Like

man, you’re trying to GET some more humidity and i still can’t SHOVEL it out fast enough :smiley: Upstairs is unconditioned, and partly uninsulated (long story, major reno going on but in stalemate…). It’s been in the 80s% humidity in that closet (and original room i started in) until yesterday and i’m at about 75% rh now with the new exhaust fan (that was this morning i haven’t actually looked since just getting home and sitting my @$$ DOWN, lol)…

1 Like

I had the opposite problem at my old place because apparently our dryer was just blowing the moisture into our apt, no AC just a tiny dehumidifier meant for a small room. Anytime we did laundry or showered it would rocket up to 60 or 70. Not gonna miss that place.

1 Like

Number 5 cup has the first sprout popping up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All of em have broken ground. 2 of em were trapped in the seed shell so I had to gently pop em off but they look good now

2 Likes

Whoot whoot. Here we go :wink:
Happy growing…

1 Like

Growing much better with the HLG light than my last grow with a Vivarspectra blurple :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gave the girls their first watering since planting them in the cups at 6.5ph roughly with slight runoff

1 Like

Growing their lil hearts out

3 Likes

Growing strong! Some slight twisting and curling on the leaves. I believe it could be from heat stress. Hopefully once fall rolls around the temps drop

1 Like

Looking good! Mystery seeds are fun, trying to figure out what it is by smell while growing and then by taste and effect after harvest (or early samples).

I get some leaf twist in the early stages sometimes even keeping temps in the 70’s, but they grow out of it pretty quick.

1 Like