Running out of space

I have my two plants doing great in my 32”x32”x60” tent. I’m running a 600w HPS with LOTS of ventilation to keep the temps in line. My WW are in week 3 of flower. One went wide and fat. One stretched A LOT and the main cola is about 12” from the light. It is not burnt TODAY. Is there a trick that you guys know to reduce the intensity and allow it to keep growing ? For grapes, they use a black mesh fabric to keep them from burning in the sun. @dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty @Sixpackdad @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Interesting idea… Usually indoors we just raise the light or reduce intensity if you have the ability to :v::bear:

1 Like

Light is at the top of the tent.

Week 3 of flower the plant has probably hardened off. If you can’t move light, You can gently try to direct that cola away from light a little. Just be careful not to overdo it and break stem.

2 Likes

Bend it a little each day to get it to 90 degrees from the light ? I can probably do that with pipe cleaners . At 12” away, it’s not showing any distress from the heat.

3 Likes

If it’s not showing any stress and has hardened off, you might have it in the sweet spot. I still would try to gently tie them off like suggested too tho. Better to be able to lower the lights if required than the other way around :v::bear:

2 Likes

Tomorrow night when they wake up, I will start to bend them a little bit. As a first grow, I didn’t do anything but get them to grow. Fortunately, one plant decided on it’s own to be short and wide. I didn’t do anything to it, either.

Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted on the progress. I will post pics tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t know that you’ll get it 90 degrees to the light. Just see what you can do.

3 Likes

Ok. Thank you for the help.

3 Likes

What they said.

1 Like

Thought I’d get a few pipe cleaners from Amazon. Well, for $4 you get A LOT OF THEM. I got about 300 multi-colored pipe cleaners. Pulled my main cola over away from the 600w light. I noticed a little curling on the new top leaves. I will watch over then next day or two to see if they flatten out. Appreciate all the help………

1 Like

Bent the top cola away from the light as recommended. Worked out fine. Thought I would show what week #7 in flower looks like. I’m pretty excited about how it is growing. Is that a crazy amount of leaves on my second plant?
@dbrn32, @MattyBear, @Myfriendis410,

3 Likes

Some strains are leafier than others, but yeah, there’s a lot of foliage on plant #2

1 Like

That’s great news! On the second plant, she’s very leafy. You can probably trim a few of the fans away to expose those colas some.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll do that. There are a lot of colas that are hidden near the center of the plant. I’ll post up the changes in a week. Thank you.

2 Likes

Just take a few randomly at a time. Then give plant day or two to recover and repeat.

1 Like

Ok. I just fed them tonight. I’ll trim a couple tomorrow night and see how things go.

2 Likes