Run off verification

Do you use a top dressing? Probably not with all of that in it yes?

1 Like

It was recommended to me by myfriends410 as a buffering agent. Also the soil guru around here, garrigan, uses it in his recipies.

No. Once I get into flower I use fox farm trio every other watering. Water only days I supplement with a few extras (calmag, molasses, silica) Also a shot or two of fulvic / humic acid late veg. I would not mind transitioning away from Grow Big and Tiger Bloom but haven’t researched enough to come up with viable alternatives.

Thanks I’m going to try this recipe next grow. Your plants look healthy

1 Like

Thank you! Problem solved

1 Like

As soon as you dump 2 of those into your soil, the bacteria and fungi quit their job and go on strike, (The big bloom is good stuff).

The plant then depends on the bottled nutes for the remainder of the grow.

I’m not saying you can’t get good results growing that way, just that synthetic nutes stop your soil food web from working.

1 Like

Yep - I am thinking about alternatives that are straight forward, consistent and user friendly. Welcome any recommendations.

Are you serious about using the three. How long does it take for soil to recover or it doesn’t? I only used grow twice sat not even half strength and the one for buds once at a very small amount
Your saying my plants will be dependent on muted from here on out

That’s fox farms trio in a nutshell.

That said, I’m currently building soils with “coots mix” amendments and simple teas/infusions with kelp, neem, alfalfa meal, comfrey, horse tail, malted barley and a few other goodies. The food soil web promises to be “straight forward”, but it’s a paradigm shift from any sort of bottle feeding (even earth juice). I haven’t brought anything to harvest yet with this method, but veg looks spectacular and the first week of flower looks pretty healthy too. @Skydiver put the idea in my head, @RAP Put it over the top with his sog.

2 Likes

Use a super soil rather than deadtrients and grow organically!

do you have pics?

1 Like

I’ll take a couple tomorrow.
Post them in a dif thread and tag you. No need to confuse this one.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger if you saw our pantry, refrig, or freezer I doubt you would be able to find a non-organic item in any of them. Our dogs are even fed organic dog food. It has been that way for many years. Much easier now than it used to be. Our garden and apples are organic and chem free. This is the first first year I am growing tomatoes in a raised bed filled with essentially the same soil as I my grow soil. They are pushing 5’ and I didn’t allow for enough space. I always grew them in amended garden soil. No comparison between them. So I appreciate the concept. I will see where it takes me.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve read that before.
I’m no scientist, just some guy that likes to grow the best he can.
I’ve been growing with Earth Juice nutes. Which are basically organic. Still, I know when I’ve added too much phosphorus during flower and put my biome to sleep.
I’m giving the no till/ soil food web a go. If it doesn’t produce as expected I’ll still have learned something.

2 Likes

Yea I’m not saying your not correct I’m am new to this. It took me a long time to get my soil mixed and then I added fox farm grow and bloom And when I read that it shuts the bio down it was a little discouraging. I think the organic way is the way to go for sure. But I keep thinking I need something even though the girls look good. I was thinking of making a tea and using the down to earth seabird Guano which is high in phosphate and calcium
Available p2o2 11% calcium 20%.
0-11-0. But now I’m unsure ??
My Critical purple is in pre flower and I just flipped the lights to 12/12 on the Blue Dream
By no means I’m the last person to correct someone

1 Like

I use seabird guano at beginning of flower. It’s great. Stick to your guns and don’t stray from organic growing! NO to deadtrients

Organics take more skill bc it takes longer to correct mistakes and deficiencies but if you have the right soil, you are good to go. Let Mother Nature do her job

1 Like

I did a little digging into moving away form FF grow big and tiger bloom. Any thoughts on General Organics Bio Thrive Grow & Bloom, Botanicare ProBlend Grow & Bloom or Bloom City dry top dress nutrients Grow & Bloom

Thank you much simpler and I love making tea. Got some brewing now with seabird guano now.

I use Nature’s Pride veg and Nature’s Pride bloom for top dressing

1 Like