Rudimentary extraction, Agitate or Not?

Rather than spend $150.00 per test, would it be better to get an Analyzer? Spending $150.00 each time seems too much expense, unless you are looking for breakdown analysis on all compounds from your extraction.

WalMart has a couple of analyzers.

edit; unapproved links

2 Likes

I’m concerned that these tests are not accurate.

If you notice people have asked questions with nothing being answered. Also it says it gives results in CBV. I can’t find any information about that.

1 Like

Do you have a Buchner filter

Cold and filtered fast or you get green/chlorophyll.
Freezing tends to make the cannabis brittle, no need grind it will break right up.

4 Likes

This is my understanding of CBV…

CBV (Cannabivarin) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and 2nd most abundant of the cannabinoid. However, unlike CBD, CBV is an oxidization product of THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin).

It is highly unlikely any individual will get screened specifically for Cannabivarin (CBV) use. Instead, it’s more likely a drug screening will determine the level of THC present in an individual. Even though, CBV is a natural cannabinoid, THC oxidization converted it into its current state. So, consumed CBV in any fashion will likely result in a positive test for THC, despite the fact that CBV is more prevalent than THC.

I believe this is reason that some sellers advertise their machine reports in CBV.

I wish we can find unbiased reviews from people who bought and used these items, so we have a better idea of the product before we purchased them.

1 Like

@AAA are you in the land of oz :slight_smile: ? or dreaming, lol

1 Like

I think winterization before and after extraction, but before evaporation, is the link missing in your process.

You can get all the unwanted lipids and such out of your solution if you strain it once, then freeze the remaining fluid for 24+hours, then filter it once or twice while it’s still ice cold.

Your extraction process isn’t at fault, but what you do with the solution after the wash is done might be what’s the issue.

1 Like

No don’t have one. Do you use a vacuum with it?

1 Like

You need a Buchner Filter! Omfg, I just started using one. It makes filtering so easy.

3 Likes

I have finished the test batch and am now doing the control. I’m going to freeze both solutions for at least 24 hours and filter again.

There is nothing wrong per se with the FECO I have made, its just so damn sticky/tar like. Trying to see if that’s the nature of the beast or if it can be improved.

1 Like

Merica’. CA to be exact.

2 Likes

@AAA i meant lnd of oz australia. :slight_smile:
i get in on that action, lol am thinking bio science coarse or something, but in oz still not happening, any labs hire work exp ppl for 3-6 months off the top of ya head, ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got that from your handle!

You can dry it or purge it longer before calling it “ready”. When dried long enough, you should be able to touch it/pull it apart like really dry wax

Oils containing lots of THC tend to be more fluid, right off the bat.

I let this dry for several days after doing my basic qwet and processing it in the Source:

5 Likes

This is what mine looks like fresh out of beaker after final FECO decarb on hot/stir plate:

4 Likes

@THCCBD if it only gives a CBV amount it will not be useful for me. I specifically am looking for THC and CBD. Also the test I’m getting shows THCa and CBDa, so I will be able to judge how efficient my decarb process is.

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty @Member420

Are you guys using a vacuum with your buchner filter?

2 Likes

@aussie123556 Not that I know my friend.

I’m guessing you mean here in US?

A buddy of mine from the UK was able to work here for a year under an apprentice v I s a. You just have to have 2 years experience in the field you want to work in.

1 Like

First part done:

Check out the different color:

6 Likes

Let it air dry for different times, and you’ll see how different drying times change the texture.

Yes, it requires a vacuum (hand pump or machine) for it to do its thing

1 Like

Wait, thought you were only doing one variable: shake or not? Why isn’t the shaken one ice cold, too?

2 Likes