RSO That TASTE!

Can anyone tell me - making edibles - that RSO has such an AWFUL taste. How do you diffuse that when making edibles?

When mixed with butter, and other ingredients it does disappear.

4 Likes

The way rso is made is why it tastes the way it does.
Donā€™t cook with it, there are better ways.

Get yourself an infuser decarb your cured cannabis put it into clarified butter or coconut oil. Donā€™t forget the lecithin! When done right, chocolate tastes better with cannabis in it.

You can also cook with distillate to eliminate some of the cannabis taste.

3 Likes

Thanks, but if I canā€™t cook with it, itā€™s of no use to me. Iā€™m making ā€˜ediblesā€™ for my father whoā€™s in a nursing home.

1 Like

Thanks, but Iā€™m not making butter - making edibles. I donā€™t know how those dispensaries make theirs NOT taste horrible!!

1 Like

How do you plan on making the edibles?

1 Like

I used a gummy bear recipe and added the RSOā€¦ they taste awful. :frowning:

Awful how? Bitter? Add corn syrup or use something like Jolly Rancher Jello and double up in lieu of unflavored gelatin. Mine only have a slight bitter at the tail end, but they are 1ml gummies at 25mg so no doubt they will be. Chocolate as others stated mask that very well and it mixes in easy with the fats already in it.

3 Likes

Yes, so bitter Iā€™m not sure my dad will eat them! OK. thanks re: Jolly rancher jelloā€¦ and I will order some Dove chocolate. I can melt that ā€¦ appreciate the help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can add pbfit for a twist on classic chocolate

1 Like

Donā€™t use rso. Infuse coconut oil and make gummies with the oil. You will need lecithin sunflower or soy is fine. I do 6 tsp of oil to a 3oz jolly rancher jello pack. Add two small packets of unflavored gelatin to 1/4 cup water. Slowly bring to a boil. Pour into molds. Rso is made with solvents thats why it tastes that way. If you go to YouTube and type thc gummies you will find tons of recipes.

2 Likes

Ahh!! Ok I see. I know how to make the gummies and have. Problem is I only know how to make RSO. So now Iā€™m looking for guidance on making THC oil? Right? Thanks.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Search this site for ā€œQWETā€ simple alcohol extraction, to get down to a simple easy to use oil. And as @Docnraq stated, use sunflower lecithin oil as and emulsifier, making it easier to bind to the water based gelatin. You can go the coconut oil too, but I have note been able to figure the dosing, I reduce it down in the alcohol so I can estimate the dosing @ 1gm =750mg

5 Likes

Lecithin also makes the fats absorb more thc.

3 Likes

This is true! & its just generally good for your liver.

1 Like

My liver laughs at your remedy takes swig of beer:beer:
Itā€™s 5 oā€™clock somewhere

3 Likes

Me too!.. me and my alcoholic fatty liverā€¦looking forward the apple-wood smoked fatty ribs and baked beans catching all the rib drippings. Feel the arteries slammin shut.

4 Likes

Does this determine how edibles effects are felt?
I have a very high tolerance with edibles but not when smoked.

Never use the toxic solvents RSO sometimes did.
Only use food-grade Ethanol, and try to get as little Chlorophyll as possible it helps reduce flavors, IMHO

1 Like

I use Everclear to make RSOā€¦ is that what you mean by solvent?

2 Likes