RSO Grow Help 4:1 THC:CBD

I’m going to be a first time grower to make RSO.
My wife has Triple Negative Breast Cancer and she has been using RSO for 1 year that we purchase from a local dispensary. The price of purchasing is to high to sustain so I’m going to start to grow and make my own RSO.
With the RSO we have been buying, the grower is shooting for a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio.
In my research a high THC:CBD ratio of 4:1 is best for TNBC.
I know I need a strain that is 90% indica or higher.
I’m having trouble picking a strain to achieve a 4:1 THC to CBD ratio.
The terpene Limonene is also very beneficial for TNBC so I would like a high Limonene content.
Any idea what strain or strains to grow to achieve a 4:1 THC to CBD with Limonene?
Thank for any help.

2 Likes

@SomeBikerDude

The problem is that ILGM can’t guarantee they’re CBD and THC because they only sell the seeds. The clinics/ dispensary’s take the bud they grow and have it tested so they know the THC:CBD Levels @SomeBikerDude

Why Indica?

I have thoughts on a strain that will most likely be the closest.

Welcome to the ILGM Forums and I’m sorry to hear about your wife, but glad you are here!

@AnneBonny

2 Likes

I have personally used Critical Mass from the local dispensary and it is good meds

It is an 80/20 Indica Dominant

You can read more at the link and also check the leafly wedsite.

Here to help if I can! @SomeBikerDude

3 Likes

@SomeBikerDude I also suggest Leafly for figuring out the best strain. I grew a strain that was very high in CBD, (supposedly) but I have no ability to test it to confirm. I can’t link any competing seed banks to point you in a direction. Per forum rules. Here if you need us!

@SomeBikerDude I am so sorry to hear your wife’s diagnosis but am glad you are here since you are growing for her. There is lot’s of knowledge here for you to tap into.

As you know already there are many benefits to growing your own but challenges as well. The biggest is knowing the potency of your bud. Like @bob31 mentioned the only sure way to know the CBD:THC levels is to get the bud/oil tested. I have not done that myself so don’t know the cost associated with local labs. But I recently read a review of something called the T-check2 potency tester. It looks to be about $150 and here is a description:

tCheck 2 is a potency tester that allows you to measure the strength of your infusions. Using just a few drops of butter, coconut oil, olive oil, or alcohol, you can accurately measure the strength of your infusion in less than 45 seconds.

I would imagine once you decide on a strain and get it to harvest, an instrument like that would be vital since you need specific ratios you are trying to hit.

Wishing you the best on your grow and I’m around too if I can be of help just tag me. ~ AB

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your wife, we all wish she gets well…
There is no way to create exact ration tincture without measuring the potency
Even the same plant grows buds with different potency buds all over it…
Cbd strains are tricky to grow from seeds as not all the seed have the same genetics …
Best way is to make a few different tinctures then have it tested, then mix it all together based on calculations from test results…

Anyway, the Gold leaf is pretty close to 4:1 thc:cbd ratio…
Good luck on your journey !

3 Likes

Is a low Thc High CBD strain though CBD has lots to do with how plant is grown as well as the strain most growers focus on THC so certain things such as when to harvest and and best lighting differs CBD is in entire plant and CBD is also what contributes to couch lock effect from later harvests

3 Likes