Rready to transplant?

A question from a fellow grower:

This is my first time growing and I’m not sure if these are ready to transplant yet or not. Can you be any help from the photo. If not that’s okay. They are OG-Kush (fem) 2 weeks old.

1 Like

you can, but myself I would wait for them to get a little bigger say five true sets of leaves.

B Safe
Will

1 Like

First leaves 3 , second set of leaves 5 , foliage spray just around the stem only damp with B-1 thrive red , and B-1 thrive green , root 66 or any root developer , and molasses or bud candy , or sugar daddy . Give it time to dry a little , maybe 12 hours or a day , and transplant . But depending on your soil , make sure you don’t transplant to just fresh soil , make sure your soil is ph to about 5.8 - 6.0 , no more than 6.2 . Once your soil has been watered and run - off has measured 6.0 , than you transplant and in about 3-5 days your plants will grow about 2 1/2 inches , only fo liar spray around the stem enough to moist top of soil wet but not run -off . Once the plant adjust and start to vigor in growth , top it . Give it about two weeks after topped just lightly spraying around the stem until the new nodes start growing , once the new nodes start growing and stretching , you water ah little more wet , with only minimum run-off . As the plant get bigger , the roots are getting more developed you give more water , dust the top of the soil with sand in case you might over watered to cause fungus nats but the sand will help keep them in the soil and not flying . Hope this helps .

I thought one of the regular guy here said don’t use sand, the fungus nats like sand. You could use food grade DE that gets rid of a lot of different bugs
Tom

It’s optional , but I read that suppose to help if you layer the bottom on top in between soil . Everything is an experience , but less water helps , the larvae loves over watered wet organic soil and high temps .

Yes apparently sand does not stop fungus gnats from getting in or out of the soil, and latewood should know, he’s been a commercial greenhouse grower for decades.

Food grade DE is entirely non-toxic and dehydrates and scratches the exoskeletons of bugs, not entirely different than boric acid roach powder, but it is obviously much safer than boric acid powder.

Diatomaceous_Earth