RR Needs Help designing my RDWC!

I’m a retired plumber. Line goes from my pump in reservoir to tote, then drains back to reservoir via 2 1" lines.

3 Likes

@Grandaddy013 it’s the same concept just a ton more water flow.

1 Like

Yea i see what you did, I wanna avoid putting my pump in my control res. Im using 1 inch return bulkheads that ill attach to the control res, now i could attach them to the two res totes but i wanted to pump it right into that top pvc so it goes in top and pumps out bottom back to control res.

1 Like

The only suggestion I have is having a shutoff on both sides of inline filter.
I used one with a single shutoff and yeah duh water comes from other side when I pull filter.
The filers are metal screens you can clean. I’ll do a pic

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: the thought of you sitting there like shit shit reminds me of myself so bad! haha man that thing is perfect for what i been looking for.

1 Like

What size and where you get that?

Oh the filter I listed is pressure regulated mine isn’t.

Just Google current culture inline filter kit to find same if you like. Its 50bucks though

Also both ends are threaded and I just bought 1inch barbs for each end. Home depot has 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch blue barbs in stock near me.

@ReeferRod. This is my first system that I built, They are all 27gal totes, I was pretty intoxicated when I made the drawing

This is what it looks like now

I just bought an 8x8 and a couple of new lights and a few other things. I believe that this is going to be new creation. Again, I was pretty intoxicated when I drew this one as well.

My intent at the moment is to put the res on the exterior. That will keep all equipment except plants and lights on the exterior of my tent. My drivers, air pumps and carbon filter are all on the exterior at the present time and the pump is the only equipment other than lights in the interior of tent.
My plans are to run 6 27gal totes, 1 plant per tote, res on the exterior and to be able to run at least 4 autos and not be so crowded. I thought that I had tagged you into my journal. If I have not let me know and I will do so. I have set this to watching. If I can be of any help let me know. I am very new to this as well but, seem to be on a lucky streak :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

1 Like

Oh yea bro ive been following you since the beginning of your journal. Thats funny cuz I actually refered to your journal earlier to see what pieces you used.

1 Like

If you deliver your nutrients via pump to the furthest tote and have them daisy-chained together back to the rez, this will set up a current flow and will recirculate the entire solution. I believe this would be the simplest means of doing an RDWC. Hopefully you won’t need to add a chiller.

1 Like

If I can be any help, just let me know. I don’t really know what I am doing other than research, research and then more research. This whole indoor growing thingy is new to me. I’ve only been at it just a little over 3 months. I don’t know if I am just getting lucky or research and paying attention to detail has paid off. I’m willing to say probably a little of both. I used to have some awesome outdoor guerilla grows and that was mostly from bag seed, from something that I smoked and thought was respectable. I can still vividly remember the first time I had one hermi on me outdoors and I was like WTF but had nobody to talk to back then and had to figure it out on my own.

1 Like

Ok so I did a redesign because your idea is much more simple. A lot less areas for possible water leak. I read somewhere when it comes to RDWC simple is much better. Thanks. I think this is the same idea.

1 Like

Honestly once you get on here n open youtube its so “easy” and fun. I think its actually hard but were so in love we dont notice it because I explained once to my boy how to grow and as I was explaining it I was like yea this is kind of complicated at first haha we had just got into PHing water haha

1 Like

Why pump the water to the tote from the res??? I draw water from the tote and then return it to the res. Water is drawn from my res, through all of the totes and then returned to the res. My entire system consists of 1 1/2" pipe. I do have a water ring set up that I made but, so far, I haven’t had to use it.

Just water line with holes in it zip tied below the hydroton with an on/off twist valve :v:

2 Likes

hm idk is there a difference in direction?

My water pump is at the end of my system and I even created a sorta waterfall effect into the res to help with oxygenating the system. I took everything that I researched and learned and tried to take the key elements and incorporate them into one system :v:

2 Likes

All of the studies/ research that I have done leans towards drawing the water through the system results in a better complete flush of the system and stops salt build ups and the such. And all kinda of other mumbo jumbo that I think I may understand. Again this is just my understanding of this. :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

No i only go to thcfarmer when google sends me there. Not a huge forum fan this one justs fits nice for me hah

1 Like

Honestly I may do that then, just turn my water pump around.

1 Like

hey buddy, the all the pump does is mixes the water around and im sure u can make it work with the air too… way id do it is design it, get %25 more fitting then u need start building, getting to understand what u are doing and why, then u may change stuff, you will have to go to the store at some stage, its unavoidable …. so get building put some pics up as u go… buy yourself a couple of spare totes too… they can break… and get started, :thinking: :grin:

2 Likes