RQS Quick One - Week 6 - Still getting higher

I would say a week or two, but I would deff get others input on this. That are looking really good

1 Like

I think I have 2-3 weeks left on most of mine too.

2 Likes

That is a nice shot. Is it from a bud? I see you have have a mix of cloudy and clear trichomes. It is really up to you and the desired effects for when to harvest. As @Coen3440, at least a week or two.

I experienced very slow transitioning of the trichomes from clear to cloudy. It does take patience.

You are looking very good.

Think about flushing time as you get closer to harvest. I started my flush way too early and this also caused my plants to develop deficiencies later in flowering. Some people flush, some do not. Some give 24 hours dark before cutting, others do not. Again, you look at what works for you.

Continued success!

2 Likes

I would say at least a week just be sure as you judge your trichomes you are looking at flower not sugar leaves because they amber earlier,I just want to say patience will be rewarded I was growing with a blurple and I’ve had em hit the light it caused fox tailing but the smoke was still good I tied em. To the side after that grow I switched to hlg they stay nice short they don’t even think about touching now good luck and. Happy growing :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@sparky66 @PP3121 those are all less than 60 days from dropping the seeds in water, i got some time left. The pics in the dark make them look further along I think.

2 Likes

Never seen this version before, thanks @PP3121.

1 Like

@Coen3440 beauties look nice.
How old are they and what kind of seed do they come from?

1 Like

They are 8 weeks from when I droped the seeds in water. From ILGM WW auto, BB auto, AHaze auto. In that room, I have the same but with some NL auto in another room.
We are just about the same age if I remember right, that’s why I put some pics up of mine to compare. I am thinking 2 or 3 more weeks on most but a few have over a month left. I don’t wana wait lol :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement @PP3121

I am thinking about starting flushing, do you think it’s to early?
How early did you start flushing?

1 Like

Thanks @sparky66

I will take your advice and try some patience.

Beautiful @Coen3440

I don’t think it’s to early to start flushing, you could even feed half strength. The best weed I have ever smoked is weed that we grew outdoor and couldn’t get to easy so other than the kelp meal and worm castings we put in when we put them in the ground, and water maybe twice, they never got anything, and it was so clean. You are growing in soil so they prob have quite a bit of nutrients built up. Do you check your ph or ppm?

1 Like

Flushing too early was definitely a mistake I made the first go around. I did not know how long it would take for the trichomes to mature. For some reason I was thinking it would be quick as the end was approaching. I had all clear trichomes at the time. So I randomly thought two more weeks sounded great and began flushing giving only water. Well, they went another 4 weeks! Could have gone 2+ more!

All that said, you are at a much better place as your trichomes are mixed cloudy and clear. Water only when you think you are two weeks away from harvesting.

1 Like

My plan was to measure PH when I first started out.
I measured the nutrient mix a couple of times in the beginning, never the soil itself.
Dripping in a couple of drops in the nutrient mix and comparing the color that it gets against a color scale, does not feel exact to me.
From what I understand it is important to know the levels.
So, the plan is to get me a proper meter for my next grow.

Do you have any recommendations on a PH/EC/PPM digital meter that is not too expensive and does the job?

1 Like

They have a set for like 18$ on Amazon. I have these, the TDS works good, I know the ph meter was off when I got it because it said my tap water was like 9.2, so I tryed to cal it and it didn’t work, but i just did the math of how far it was off from the solution they give you to cal it with, so I just take 2.2 off what it says. But I have heard other people say they work. Eather way, it’s better than paying 60-100$ for a good one. I am going to do that after I get some money from a harvest or two.
VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo, 0.05ph High Accuracy Pen Type pH Meter ± 2% Readout Accuracy 3-in-1 TDS EC Temperature Meter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKMH86J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_uUq8FbTN5Z01B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Hi @MidwestGuy, @Northerngreenthumb, @Coen3440, @chijo and all others that are following this thread.

Here is an update with photos of all three plants.
Loupe photo showing a high and a low bud, and a regular photo showing the top bud.

First up i Sofia

Sofia High

Sofia Low

Sofia Bud

Thore is next

Thore High

Thore Low

Thore Bud

And finally Zid

Zid High

Zid Low

Zid Bud

Regards
Kontaktytan

You start your flush yet?

1 Like

Sofia definitely needs more time - very clear trichomes. The other two are getting close. Now depends on what effects you’re looking for.

Looking really nice!

Continued success.

2 Likes

Started flushing a week ago.

Yea I think I have most of mine their last full strength fertilizer a few days ago, I am going to start flushing a few of them, and only give half strength to a few, and then I have to keep fertilizing the 4 or 5 that are a few weeks behind. Plus I have my babies to mix veg nutrients for, it’s going to be a pain for the next few weeks making 4 diff nutrient mixes.

2 Likes