Roy's first autoflower grow

hi everyone, this is my 5th grow 3 indoors 1 outside.
I’m trying to grow Girl Scout Cookies Extreme autoflower.
I soaked and planted 4 seeds, so far only 3 have started.
2 broke surface on 3/11/2020, and 1 on 3/12/2020.
@dbrn32, @Watt-Sun, @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, @elheffe702

7 Likes

Good luck with the Auto grow. I have two Auto seedlings and they are the same size as my photo.

1 Like

a few pics of seedlings

7 Likes

Nice start! That’s gonna be a lot of Girl Scout Cookies lol.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Good luck. I’ll be watching. :v:

2 Likes

I’ll be peepin’ from the woods… lol.

1 Like

I’m gonna tag along as well, that is , if you don’t mind :v:

1 Like

welcome soldier

2 Likes

Just a question; who uses soft pots and do you reuse them?
on this grow I’m using 7 gal soft pots. in the past I’ve used
5 gal soft pots, smart, whatever their called. They used to be cheap
but their increasing in cost… I was afraid of pest staying in the bag.

2 Likes

I have always just wash mine out good when I finish hang up in the garage and let them dry reuse them.

2 Likes

If you mean the fabric pots…yes you can reuse them. Probably a good idea to clean between grow cycles. Wspecially if you have any problems like gnats, mites and what not.

Glad they are not expensive.

2 Likes

I’ll take the trip as well

1 Like

Awesome, good luck with these!

2 Likes

Yes, I reuse mine. Usually just rinse them out, but hot, hot water and vinegar will make them look like new again. I’ve seen some say they run them through their washer, but I wouldn’t recommend that. Probably not the best for the machine or the pots.

I was wondering the same thing honestly, I’m glad I saw this so I don’t just throw the fabric pots out after my grow :grin:

1 Like

I saw one member say he was on his 6th grow with his. Forgot who.

Mine have been through several cannabis grows and various veggies, each. Probably about that or more. However, all that said. They’re super cheap if you don’t have the scrubbing in you. You can get a 5 pack for under $10 on amazon. One local place here I’ve seen them $20/dozen.

I use seven gallon bags and their $20 for 10 bags. I stopped reusing after a spider mite problem.

1 Like

Some people do reuse the Smart Pots…personally, I do not. Reusing the fabric pots is a good way to spread any mold/mildew/bacteria from your last grow to your new grow. There is probably a way to sterilize the old pots if you are desperate, but it is safer to just get new ones.

3 Likes

I reused mine after soaking them in a bucket of not quite boiling water and vinegar. They look/smell/feel like new again. If that isn’t enough, you could put them in the dryer for a little bit, 10-15 minutes. The hot air would kill anything leftover. Just saying, if you didn’t have the budget to replace them each grow, that’d be one less expense each time, or at least a couple few grows before they’re too worn out. :v:

2 Likes