Round 2 - Indoor Clumsy QBs & Praying for a Harvest

U should meet Sir Autopot. :joy: and tbat sounds hella convenient. Carrot dripper :joy:

Also makes it hard since we have permafrost.

I use that bath when I’ve had Botrytis but I found an expanded version I prefer. I do the peroxide bath and then I bathe in 5 gallons of water with 2 cups of lemon juice and 2 cups of baking soda followed by two clean water baths. Buddy told me about it and my washed bud tasted better than when I just did the peroxide bath and rinsed. FWIW.

2 Likes

Bookmarked. Sounds alot healthier. I just startd using baking soda to pH. Anyone object there? Its uber better at raising then GH pH up

2 Likes

I used baking soda for a decade at least. I finally switched to the ph up this year. Depending on your nutes, you have to use a lot. From what I read, prolonged use of baking soda increases the amount of salt buildup in the soil. Not a problem if you flush on a regular basis, but who wants to do that lol.

2 Likes

Blumats info

That makes sense. There’s plenty of it down here, though. IF you’re willing to pay through the nose for it. I think if I lived up there ’d find a way to access and sell it. Jeff Lowenfels lives in Anchorage I believe and you hear him regularly raving about the quality of the soil in the ground all over the Anchorage area. He attributes it to the natural humus in the soil there. I’m jealous! I’ve got to ship ingredients 1000+ miles to concoct a truly amazing and balanced soil. Lol!

I rarely need pH up around here but that’s what I’d use if I was trying to raise my water pH. I use Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother still in it for my pH Down. Why not add some biology to my soil while I’m adjusting pH? Lol!

1 Like

Anchorage is one area of the state, in the south, w/o much permafrost. Alaska is a huge state. Anchorage is a miniscule part of it. :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, flushing is a pain! I e had to do it twice lately due to buildup in my soil from crappy well water. But, on the bright side, I noticed that FF Sledgehammer is nothing more than Yucca Extract which provides sapponins. I can buy yucca extract (or soap nuts) and make my own flush mixture more cheaply but more importantly, those sapponins serve as a growth enhancer and terpene enhancer. Research is finding more and more information on the benefits of sapponin in cannabis cultivation; and lots of organic growers are adding them (with one additive or another) as a regular practice. In regards to your point about baking soda retaining salt in soil, I wonder if that couldn’t be mitigated or balanced by adding sapponins to your regular feeding schedule? It’s highly possible that you could solve one problem and, at the same time, give your plants something highly beneficial!

This is just a theory but it’s based on a lot of research. I quit using the bottled pH adjusters because I heard they are VERY hard on microbial life; and I want to ENcourage microbes, not discourage them. Besides, the ACV I’m using now for pH Down is much cheaper than store bought pH down. Lol!

3 Likes

Baking soda can cause problems, including taking up so much of your dissolved solids which ends up contributing to the total TDS and needs to be flushed. Plus, PH down is good for the plant.

5 Likes

Not to bad man just got the bubbler I payed 230 bucks for dam thing so tiny it’s stupid check it out

It works as an up for me. I barely ever use down. My water is steady around 8ish. And 75ppm from tap. This last nute mix was 1750 before baking soda n mole ass n recharge. Like 21-22 i think after.

N a drop or 3 of pH down heavily drops my water pH to like 4-5. Ive found a dose of calmag or tsp of emul (for whichever stage) drops it to perfect range. Like a super diluted feeding for watering. All that to say. I hsve a whole bottle of ph down. Needed an up supplement. Will try cotric acid tho. More microbe n tds friendly im sure.

1 Like

Potassium bicarbonate is better than sodium bicarbonate for pH up, for sure.

3 Likes

Wow @PurpNGold74, your girls look fantastic!!! Sorry to see the pest problem but it seems like you got it just in time before it spread. These plants can be very hardy but quite delicate at the same time. I love the fact that you have such a variety of strains, that is something else.

Cheers Man! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Mote. Yea im glad i caught em early. Scared the :poop: outta me. And the variety is a must have. Dont wanna burn out on one strain. Wish i had some of those seeds i originally orderd. Itd be a full course smorgasbord :joy::joy:. Thanks for stopping bu again tho.

3 Likes

My pleasure Sir! It takes me a while to get through a thread, along with the banter there is always some useful information, whether needed at that particular moment but certain to come in handy one day and I try to read as much as I can.
Now what would life be without variety?! LOL, even one’s favorite strain probably would become boring if that was the only thing on the menu, day after day night after night, oh the horror. Even without all your full seed menu looks like you will have a heck of a smorgasbord in the very near future, they really look great, so nice and healthy. Were you able to salvage the one that got the bug? I hope so, there is so much time that goes into this hobby that I hate to see anyone loose a plant go bad after all that love and attention needed to bring it to that stage.

1 Like

Yea. I plantd her in June. So she’s been thru soooooo much. And i believe she is gonna pull thru. No new bite marks. No spread. Just old buggies left on a few undersides. I clear em out when i see em. N have smoked bout 20 buds off her. She tastes amazing. Even for no cure. Kinda lemony/skunky/fruity.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s great! Glad to hear she came thru and paying it forward :grin: She sounds delectable.

Thanks bro. She was inches from the chopping block :joy::joy:

2 Likes