Rotation of crops indoor environment

I would appreciate any feedback from growers who manage an indoor grow 12 months a year, particularly the choice of seeds relative to seasonal changes. My SSH has filled out nicely even with temp highs that crowd the line. Research indicated this strain is adaptable to higher heat ranges. Talk to me.

Being indoor keeping environment fairly steady isnt hard. That being said…I run a 4x8 on 12/12 pushing flowering photo and auto. A 3x3 lets me sprout/clone/veg on 16/8. At this time i have 3 auto mixed in with 5 photo. All in different stages of flower/veg. I will attach a photo. The auto do their thing. Not really much smaller on 12/12 because of good lighting. As i harvest 1 another goes in. Should be 1 falls 2 shall take his place…Hail Hydra lol. I can harvest all year long. Living soil.

5 Likes

I grow hydro in a bedroom in 2 tents photo varieties, I get a complete grow every 4 months … I have been doing this for a little over 2 years…works for me

1 Like

Yours is a good question. One I have been thinking about myself. The plants I have going now should finish up late August to Mid September. Then I am going to take a break. Of course time will tell if I do or not. Either way it will be fall / winter with lower temps and lower humidity. I have five fem strains that I am thinking of.
Afghan
Maui Wowie
Girl Scout cookie
Cherry Pie
Wedding Cake.

Some rock’n resinous Afghan sounds perfect to me for the closet. It will naturally be a little cooler than the tent.
For the tent, I think I will break with my all-one-strain pattern. I have had the GSCE seeds for a while so it time to get them cooking.

1 Like

Mine is also based on a 4x8 platform, 2-HLG 550. !0 plants per grow in 7 gal FF happy frog. Previous grows showed lots of nute burn when applied per ILGM and label instructions. I had given up on this crop during 18/6 seedling veg. So I just let them be under controlled environment and adequate pH’d watering from highly filter source. The abundance of growth, to this point, has been amazing. Allowed 10 week veg b4 12/12. Life’s been good to me so far.

1 Like

My tents are in the basement. It is cold and dry. I run humidifiers in them constantly. For temp control I have them raised off the floor with 2 x 4’s and put styrofoam under the pan. I cover the tent itself with a blanket. For this winter grow I am going to pick up some blankets from the thrift store and try to make a custom cover for the sides, top, and back with openings for the vents.

Unfortunately all plants (except one) succumbed to spider mites last winter grow. That plant is outdoors and actually had started showing Fall colors in the cold tent!

Hopefully I’ll get everything dialed in this year for a successful and warmer inside grow.

2 Likes

Ms Bunny i can’t find your journal sry…:upside_down_face::cry::sleepy::sob:

1 Like

this should get you there

2 Likes

Thx @beardless i sure appreciate the help :pray:

1 Like

No problem glad to help
I went to JaneQP’s profile page / activity / topics. I follow it so knew the title

Hey Ms. Bunny how’re you today Ma’am :thinking::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ms. Bunny no say nothing :thinking::cry::sleepy::sob:

I am doing just fine @anon1893985. I start up physical therapy in two weeks. Hope it helps. I can’t stand or walk for 10 minutes without hip pain.

1 Like

Oh wow i feel bad for you you were getting off to a good start working hard to make it work out in your favor and bam :poop: went south from there :pray: you sound like you’re a tough Lady that gets things done so i have faith in you… you’ll make a way to getter done :rofl::rofl: I’m rootin for ya :muscle::100:

1 Like

Thanks coon. I’ll probably will never be a 100% but I will be happy with 70%.

That’s the spirit :clap: good attitude i kinda know that feelin 1st hand so yeah I’m definitely sending good vibes your way and always rootin for ya :blush: damn i can’t find my lil pom pom cheerleader girl… well I’m still a rootin