Rosineer - any good?

I do love concentrates, I was planning to make Hash with my trim & popcorn buds but Rosin is what I really crave

I know @Hogmaster has a Rosineer press and I would love to know what he thinks, is the RNR-MV2 manual press worth the money (approx $400). What does the hive mind think?

2 Likes

Contact them directly and bob will give you a discount code @BrayneGro has a new MV-2 I have 2 of the MV1 and love it @Countryboyjvd1971 has the Pneumatic I believe is Pv1 and he gets a lot of use out of it :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Hogmaster is 100% correct i love my pv1 model
Im actually thinking about buying a second press also the pv2 which has a higher working pressure I believe it 4000psi which is much higher than the 1000 psi the pv1 works at
Supply pressure is still 120 max ao no need to upgrade the air compressor @DVM
And as hogmaster mentioned contacting them directly through their web site is a good idea :bulb:
And questions just tag one of us we bith can help you get dialed in
Hogmaster and i have spent hours working out the numbers and temperatures together over the past months
I’ll Also add this i have almost completely stopped smoking flower i will still occasionally but 95% of the time it’s rosin time hahahahahha
Happy trails all :v:CB

3 Likes

i’m about to get to a point to where i can start trying to press some buds! lol
ilike the idea of being able to make into vape oils…
how do you take yours in john? bong/pipe?

1 Like

I have a electronic wax pen @BIGE
The dream pen from the Kind pen

It came with a lifetime warranty as well so if any parts need to be replaced coils etc small shipping fee is all it takes
This one has a dish style heater for wax which gives you a smooth hit
Load that dish and draw lol
They also have dual coil heaters but they burn to hot for me
@Hogmaster also uses one :point_up:
I also have glass dab rig lol

2 Likes

Heres a few shots from my previous presses

5 Likes

This is from the mv2. Im pretty happy with it.

5 Likes

@BrayneGro @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster

Thanks guys for the responses guys!

How much herb are you pressing at a time and how much rosin do yet (typically) get? I know the yield depends on the strain but do you think you are getting 90% of the maximum or 50% or?

Are you using top drawer bud or popcorn buds and trim? Do you still go through the dry/cure process or just try to get it as dry as possible?

4 Likes

What up BrayneGro! Have you tried pressing kief yet?

1 Like

So this is the first time ive actually done weight because i could tell, visually, that the yields were pretty good. So i started with 2 grams on this press. I used the smart crusher to pack it into a puck of sorts then I only did 2 presses to get me 15%. A 3rd press could probably get me to 20% but I almost always break the paper on the 3rd press. This was from some bud I actually got off a buddy.

6 Likes

Yo whats up man. I have not had the chance to press kief yet. I need to get me some screen pouches for pressing. Hog linked me to some but I’m going to wait til i have a bit more funds.

1 Like

@BrayneGro when you press kief low temps are better i run around 130 for kief with mine
What temps you running with flower pucks ?

Wow youre running at 130 for kief as low? Man I’m pressing flower at 115 for about 30 seconds per press.

1 Like

I press fresh flower at 110 comes out nice hang dry 4-5 days
Try bumping up temps a bit
@Hogmaster presses his at 150 i think flower anyway
Yoir return looks yummy @BrayneGro

Anyone else able to share approx yields of Rosin? I’d be interested to hear how much weed you press at a time and what temperatures

Thanks folks!

1 Like

@DVM
I can i press on average about 1-1/2 to 2 gram pucks at a time and will get anywhere from 1-1/2 -2 on average
grams of rosin to a quarter ounce of flower
3 if it presses really well
It also depends in quality of the starting product
But a gram of rosin will last me 2-3 days smoking all day long
I believe @Hogmaster is in same yield range as well
@timmyv324 heres a rosin thread if interested

3 Likes

More fun with rosin last night. Just cuz

5 Likes

How are you getting it to collect all in center like that
You reheating after you collect it off parchment paper @BrayneGro

Yeah man!! Countryboy im reading all this now. Thanks brother. So your taking your bud and using a press to get your rosin. On what looks like wax paper or parchment paper. I imagine you can do the same with your trim and popcorns.

1 Like

Can someone post a pic of the press and how do you get the pucks. Is that what the screw presses are for. I thought it was for bubble hash.