Rosin pressing tips

Any tips on pressing I’ve pressed about 3 oz and get the same results dark colored taste real green like grassy I’ve tried less pressure and it seems like nothing will come out until I really start pressing it I thought made bud was making it threw the bag because my banger is ashy after I take a hit so I tried smaller sized bags and no difference also each oz was a different strain with the same result ever time nasty grassy tasting rosin

1 Like

There’s an art to pressing that can only be developed by doing it. I did not have the patience to learn pressing and went instead into QWET and recovery. It’s hard to screw up.

5 Likes

@SilvaBack203 presses.

2 Likes

Never heard of qwet
can you give me info?

1 Like

Quick Wash Ethanol Tincture. Cold extraction of cannabinoids using 190 proof grain alcohol. This is then run through a recovery device to reuse solvents. It allows you to extract literally everything of value. You also tailor the results for whatever you are using it for: short soak at -40F for dabs, longer soak at -5F for edibles. It also preserves the terpene profile.

Here’s some dab oil from 30 grams of flower

4 Likes

What are you using to press?
This is pressed at 500psi @200f at 1 min 30 sec and pressure increased to 2000 to 2500 for another 1 min 30 sec i got a total of 3 to 4gs out of 13gs of flower.

3 Likes

When you press, depending on size of plate, you only want to press about 5 to 6gs at a time.

1 Like

It’s a 4ton press from DabPress I’ve been pressing 3-7 grams and quality is junk I don’t no what I’m doing maybe to much pressure I don’t no…

1 Like

What do I need to buy to do this any is there any channels or pages you recommend so I could watch or read to learn the process

1 Like

@Frstgrow are you referring to QWET?

1 Like

Heat, micron bag is too coarse, or bag is bursting. If it’s green and grassy, I’d go for a smaller micron bag (I personally like the 73 microns, but they take a lot of patience). Microns are the opposite of mesh - a 25 micron bag will have much finer/smaller holes than a 160 micron bag.

25 is the purest you can get it, but talk about a serious test of patience. I used a 120 at first but got a bit more plant lipid in the end product than I like.

5 Likes

I went through the actual micron bags really freaking quick. I use coffee filters now :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Look up Extractcraft dot com and it should have all of the information you need.

3 Likes

I borrowed my Brother in laws Extractcraft Source Turbo. Works great. Did an everclear wash with 7grams of blueberry and ran it one cycle. Just as a test and it made the best rosin I ever had. I only need a toothpick dabbed in the rosin and I smear it on a single flower. Im good for hours. It pulls a vacuum and boils away the everclear at around 100 degrees and recovers most of it to use again. I am impressed with the results. Plus I didnt have to buy it… :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve found pressing bud only gets so much and a lot is left behind in the flower itself.

I started dry ice sifting the flowers, then running that product through the press gets better results. Also the consistency of the matter that’s pressed is more like peanut butter which I enjoy.

3 Likes

@PharmerBob i agree. Processing with dry ice then collecting the hash and then pucking it, then pressing is the most efficient way of doing it to get the best bang for your buck.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is today your birthday @SilvaBack203 ?

download

3 Likes

It was thanknyou

2 Likes