Roots would not go out of rockwool cubes

Hello, I am growing Auto CBD STAR from MoC in 4cm*4cm rockwool cubes in a tray.
While the seeds broke and there is a stem and 4 leafs, no root is coming out of the bottom.
I am now 9 days after seeding.
What can be done?

1 Like

Most people I’ve seen transplant out of the rockwool.

1 Like

“out of the rockwool” ?! what do you mean? to put the seed on top of the cube? not in the cube?

What type of medium are you using?

1 Like

Tap water, with little general fertilizer.

Are you growing in soil, hydro, what?

@Brooklyn are you soil or hydro? If hydro, I can help. If soil, I can get someone. Just want to help.

2 Likes

Hi @Brooklyn… Welcome to the forum! My suggestion is to wait a little longer r maybe a week, then check again.If you are getting roots out of the cube, even if it’s just one poking out, transplant to bigger container.A solo cup would work…My preference is a small plastic pot.

2 Likes

75% soil, 25% perlite, total 20 liter in a 30 liter plastic pot.

I am growing in 75% soil 25% perlite, but the cubes now are in just water.

Yes Sir.

1 Like

Your cubes should NOT be in water. I soak my cubes in water, wring them out, place seed, with tap root sticking out, into cube, and then place in my humidity dome. Your rock wool cube should be DAMP not WET.

5 Likes

Yup this maybe the problem. Get the cubes out of the water before u drown the lady.

2 Likes

NOT a good idea to use fertilizer on 9 day old seedlings.

1 Like

Too much water to the rockwhool is the problem…
150 to 300 ppm wont hurt them…
They are drowning… :wink:
You need to let the rockwool dry out a little…
Roots need to search for water…
Think of it this way…
Sometimes we give them more then they need and then they don’t fight for themselves and get weak and fragile hoping that we will cater to there every need…
Screw that… make them fight… that’s how you get strong strains… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you all.
So I understand that after soaking the cube in water, I need to take the cube out of the water, plant the seed, keep in a humid container until a root comes out, transfer the cube to a small-volume cup with soil in open air, wait until the roots grow further and then re-plant into my 10-galon containers.
Is that right?
Any need to soak the seed in water for 12-24 hours before planting into the cube?

Not mandatory. Some people germ in dirt. But i always soak seed 24 hours. And (damp, NOT WET) paper towel for 12-24 more. Then right into dirt/peat pellet/rockwool

After you take the cube out of the water, squeeze the excess water out. You don’t want it dripping wet, just good and damp.