Roots growing out of pots and into communal tray

Tonites shot

2 Likes

With a ppm meter and ph meter I have now graduated my self to junior botanist level! I get it now…
Get water, add nutes by checking ppms to bring to proper grow stage. In my case since I was at 650ppm I gave em a feed this morning at 1150 ppm and 6.5 ph. Got home too late to take a look at em so Ill check on em before work and hope they enjoyed their meal. Ill check the runoff and see how m uch they ate in the morning and then Ill go from there wether they want more on Saturday or just a drink… Couple weeks left to go

2 Likes

You’ve earned it! I know how it feels to self recognize the point when I was helping my plants versus hindering. The bud looks fantastic .

2 Likes

Thanks @Sixpackdad, You were a ton of help. I trimmed a few yellowing leaves off and a few burnt ones as well here and there. Not much really. I’m trying adding my seedling light to the underside of my canopy to see if I get some worthwhile popcorn buds. Do you think there is value to this or should I just trim these off here? Don’t want to shock the plant right now being I’m closing in on harvest/ I think I’ll be harvesting around Jan 10. I did a 6.5 ph water feed with a little cal mag added in. The girls were thirsty seeing as some of the pots were dry on top and light in weight as well. I watered till run off on each and got an average of 700-800 ppm coming out and the ph was 5.8. I fed 2 days ago with ff tiger and ff big only with about 1400 ppm and then ph’d up to 6.5. Do you think I should raise the feed ph some more till I see a higher ph in the runoff? Here’s a few pics from this morning…

The two tents cohabitating together…Got my temps stabilized even with the moist weather we’re having.
40% RH, 85’F Days 30% RH, 71’F nights.

Right now, I am in a SCROG set up, so I have basically cleared out all my undergrowth. With my first three grows, I trimmed the undercarriage a little but mostly left it to grow. I took all the growth I didn’t cure (trim, popcorn buds, leaves, etc) and made nice coconut infused oils and chocolates. So I say let them grow - but they probably won’t be great dense buds, however, they are usable. I don’t know how much value running the seedling light will give you, but it’s worth a try and observation in the name of science!

Your plants look good, so I say stick with the 6.5pH and just keep monitoring runoff pH and ppms. The 5.8pH isn’t ideal - but it doesn’t seem to be having a huge negative effect on your plants. If your leaves start to tell you they are stressing, then perhaps going in with 6.8 to nudge it up is warranted, but for now, keep hitting with 6.5.

1 Like

Would you @Sixpackdad say every other watering for nutes and should I add the ff grow big as well. I’m thinking the ladies didn’t need the added Nitro with the MG and BM they’re in and the grow big adds to the mix? and would you say the feed range of 1400 is pushing it or can I safely pump it up these last two weeks. I’m not sure if i’m following proper etiquette when posting, but nothing but respect for you and everyone here!

1 Like

I wouldnt trimm anything off if your not in the first two or three weeks because it does delay growth while its trying to recover and heal its self you need all that energy to build your buds they are looking great though id be proud if i were you and what inlearned from jumping in as soon as i see something thats not right is your more prone to mistakes if you rush to try and correct it if its very minimal i do some soil test to see what and if its deficiency or nute burn you can buy a cheap soil tester the ones you put soil in and a capsule ans shake up i like them i dont use the ph probes they have alot of bad reviews and when i used it it was off so idk if the nute probe would be the same bbut try doing some test before feeding or flushing ive made huge plant failure mistakes i regret but i learned from it

1 Like

Thanks @Growndaddy5589, Its been fun and time consuming but in a good way and everyone here has been a ton of help. I’m nervous about the end game and don’t want to screw up. being my first time thru this and having some nice results so far will only make it that more tougher to get over chokin in the last innings of the game here!
They are getting fat and I have over 30 cola sites with the 6 plants combined. about 8 or 9 big ones and the rest are medium sized right now but I think they’re going to fatten up too. Shit I’m still 3-4 weeks out or so from harvest on some of them. I’m starting to see some brown pistils on some colas. A video I just saw from Grateful Grower on youtube says when they’re spotted your about 21 days from harvest. Which is pretty much in line for what I figured It would be, at least for the two gold leafs. Jan 13 would put them at 8 weeks+ from light flip. I prepped 2 1/2 gallons of feed water for the morning before I leave for work at 1700ppm’s and 6.8 ph. I loaded it up on FF bloom big and tiger with some cal mag and a little shot of bregman’s boost. I’m hoping I don’t burn anything here but I know my soil was flat a week ago and the ladies really took to their flush and feed last week it seems, so I’m gonna roll the dice and do the heavy feed tomorrow and then just water and every other a nute buffet feed. Peace my man!

1 Like

Let me know if you have any signs of burn im hoping you dont but im curious how ghey take to the 1700ppm gor their first feeding since flush i woulda done some hygrozyme or an enzyme to help make whats in your soil available to them to kinda prep em for a feeding then feed later in the week but maybe at 1300ppm im not a pro so maybe im wrong but i just did that in veg and it worked very well

1 Like

Or maybe an 800ppm feed with an enzyme if you use em

1 Like

I kinda did that. 2 days after the flush last weekend I did a cal mag and 1/4 nutes of ff bloom and tiger, about 85 ppm, then skipped a day and did just ph’d water. then skipped a day again to friday and did another just ph’d water but only a quart of water each. then this past saturday morning i did the 1700 ppm feed and this morning they looked great!. So i kinda built up to that feed as you mentioned. With only a couple feeds left I want to be sure I do my part in giving em what they need… Ill do a straight water wednesday morning and ill check runoff and go from there. But im thinking im going to go and give another good feed again on Friday morning of around 1500 ppm. Runoff has been improving with each feed…ph runoff is up to 6.0 from a low of 4.8 2 weeks ago… ppms have been around 800. Thanks for the advice @Growndaddy5589! Much appreciated. I’ll post pics later on today if I get home in time to see them before they go to bed, but traffic getting home is getting worse everyday as we get closer to xmas here in nyc.

Havent read about adding enzymes yet. Your the first to mention that. What do you use? I’ll add anything that’ll help.the end result. I’ve also been reading about molasses being used towards the end of flower. How about you? Tagging @Sixpackdad for his input.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of using enzymes before. I have heard about beneficial bacteria and microbes, but have used any. I think my amended coco comes with some of that good stuff, but not 100% sure. I have definitely heard of using molasses. I had heard it helped with flavor, but heard that was debunked. I think certain molasses has beneficial microbes in it, which may be why people use it.

I just use the ILGM nutes and nothing else st the moment. I am considering stem spilling as part of my harvest process.

Sweet sounds great yeah make the last two feeds count im sorry i kinda skimmed through the previous replys before this last one so i missed that but sound fantastic do it to it. Whats you flipping method when you flip em to flower

I did what a few people did here and seems to have worked great. Saw all female pistols 2 days after I went 48 hrs no light. they were on 16/8 and when they went dark I went about 48 hours. They go on at 6:00 in the morning so I can get a quick peak before I leave the house and go dark at 6pm and I might get a 1/2 hr with them when I get home before they go to bed. I feed in the mornings only so they have the whole day to soak it up. On the weekends I get more time to monitor what happens in the tent and then adjust from there for optimal heat and humidity… These last feeds Im gonna keep pumping em cuz they’ve showed no ill effects and the spotting I was having stopped. Starting to see some yellowing leaves on one of the BB’s and a few orange hairs so I may be topping the larger ones a few days before I chop the rest… thats just a plan Im dreaming up of as of now…lol…
Puff puff passin to

@Growndaddy5589,
@Sixpackdad

2 Likes

Lookin frosty

I haven’t tried that 48h darkness yet but I think I will. It took a good 1.5 weeks before my girls showed their pistols after flipping to 12/12

Good growing bro im happy for you do u do a perpetual grow

Nah man, not yet. This is my first REAL attempt at doing it the right way and I still had some hiccups but I learned from each. I allready have another single plant thats in veg under a 150w incandescent grow bulb and Im primed with pots ready to go with FF soil and a few amensia autos. I tried to get a few clones going when I sexed them before flipping but none of them made it after they showed pistils. I have a super skunk photo and the gold leaf thats started that im going to do in one tent with the amnesia moving forward. I guess you can that perpetual!!

1 Like

Stem splitting??? Was dat??
Lol. Can you explain it to me?.
I used the Bregmans veg thru the grow but real light because the MG was hot but with mixing it with the Black Magic probably simmered it down a bit. I probably could have gone stronger with the nutes. Not having the ppm meter was detrimental to that as you advised me. I say that because my plants werent as bushy as some of the others I’ve seen on here and so I think my conservative approach may have cost me a bit. Since 3rd week of flower Ive been using FF trio and even tho I still screwed up the Ph early on, After I flushed and got the soil ph back into a better range, its rebounded nicely and the full doses Ive been hitting it with seem to be working well…But live and learn rules the day so the next grow will be better. Gonna check runoof from this morning RO ph’d to 6.6 water feed with a tablespoon of cal mag. You rock bro! Thanks!

1 Like

In the last week before harvest, some folks will drill a hole through the base of their plant (or drive a sharp knife through and wedge it open with something like a small piece of wood). It stresses the plant to cause its trichomes to flourish. I may give it a try with half of my plants as a test.

1 Like