Roots blocking drain pipes

Hi I am running four pots per row and still have about a week to 3 to go until I harvest,
The problem I’m having is that the roots have grown into the drain and are now blocking the pipes almost completely I’ve cut watering down to once a day until I harvest but does anyone else have this issue and is there anything people are doing to combat this happening any ideas would be greatly appreciated

@Ozharvest

Simple solution to blockage issue…cut them roots out!!! Plenty more where those came from and drain/flow is more important.

That’s a little easier said than done atm I’ll try and cut them out tomorrow when I drop the water again but with a week to go there
getting too big to lift up

2 Likes

I think you’ll be fine if you’re a week out. Super awesome looking specimens! Oops just read 3 weeks. Might need to get the water moving if you can.

1 Like

Promise me the top cola in the center and I will pick them up while you cut the roots clear…:wink:

2 Likes

Cheers I drained system and removed some of the roots
I’ve heard about using hession in the bottom pot to stop the big roots growing through does anyone else do this?

You think that’s nice tanlover you should see the back corner they are my favourites I’ll post a picture shortly

1 Like