"Roots as Medicine"

My Dr for my medical marijuana card told me to save my roots at harvest. Boil them with coconut oil. And use solution as a rub.do not ingest.

Don’t heat above 270 degrees, higher temperatures degrade the active chemicals in the plant. There’s tons of information on making coconut oil infusions, give it a Google. Coconut oil is insanely healthful on its own, and awesome for cannabis infusions!

hey @RonAz420 what is it appllied for …skin cancer??? Hammer

It’s supposed to work great for cancer. Boil the root into a tea by itself for ingesting internally. Boil with coconut oil to use as pain rub. Muscles,joints etc.can be applied to any part of the outer body for a rub compound.

The hemp salve is a universal healing preparation with multiple effects. It is combining the effects of an antibiotic ointment with the effects of a salve efficiently relieving arthritic and rheumatism pains. Among others, it has proven to be extremely efficient for the treatment of burns (even of 2nd degree), certain types of eczemas, psoriasis and fungus. *Just pay attention to one thing – the salve should never be used on fresh bleeding wounds!

Screen shot 2013-12-27 at 9.58.02 PM

Recipe via NORML – Jeana Goodwin’s Cannabis Salve Recipe
Editor’s Notes

For lip balm, take a few teaspoons of the canna-coconut oil while it’s still hot and mix with about 1/4th to 1/5th the amount of melted beeswax, adding the oil from 1 vitamin E tablet.

If you use smoking-quality bud, one batch of the oil can make skin cream, lip balm AND chocolate medicine or other edibles. (We never waste a cannabinoid!)

Save the strained plant matter, reheat in a pan with more coconut oil, enough to moisten and make into a very wet paste. Add 1 bar Ghiradelli 60% Cocoa per 1/8th cup plant matter. You can usually melt the chocolate by taking pan off of the heat, and pressing each piece against the bottom and sides of pan. Careful, too much heat can burn the chocolate; usually the heat from the hot oil is enough to melt the chocolate. Add shelled Hemp Seeds from the health food store, chopped Macadamia nuts or toasted almonds (masks any crunchies from the bud). Chill in greased pan.

A doctor’s note on Cannabis Salve:

Cannabinoids and possibly other healing components of the plant are absorbed directly through the skin; the anti-inflammatory properties are outstanding, reducing recovery time from injuries and promoting healing of lesions. Topical cannabis has also been used by my lupus patients and rheumatoid arthritis patients to increase the function of joints and decrease nodule formation. – Frank Lucido, MD

Some background and uses list from Hemp Info:

Cannabis can be used for the fabrication of various medicinal preparations. One of the most powerful hemp preparations is the hemp [cannabis/marijuana] salve. Its efficiency was proven already in the 50s at the Olomouc University Hospital, where Prof. Jan Kabelik carried out his famous research on the antibacterial effects of cannabis indica.

Here is one example of a healing balm for arthritis

About the history of hemp salve
One of the hospital pathologists cut his finger during an autopsy, bacteria resistant to antibiotics infected the wound and it seemed that an amputation was going to be inevitable. Then someone had the idea to ask for help Prof. Kabelik, who was known for his research on the medicinal use of cannabis. [Recommended: Integral text of the Study – PDF] He applied his hemp salve and two days later the wound was already healing and the amputation was avoided.

Due to the fact that in my country is the preparation of medicines on the basis of cannabis illegal, it was not possible to make any official analyses or clinical experiments. So I had to collect the testimonies of my friends and many other persons, who over the years used this salve for the treatment of their diseases and health problems. The hemp salve is a universal healing preparation with multiple effects. It is combining the effects of an antibiotic ointment with the effects of a salve efficiently relieving arthritic and rheumatism pains. Among others, it has proven to be extremely efficient for the treatment of burns (even of 2nd degree), certain types of eczemas, psoriasis and fungus. *Just pay attention to one thing – the salve should never be used on fresh bleeding wounds!

Some healing or relieving effects of the salve

anti-inflammatory effects
analgesic effects
relaxing effects on muscles and other body tissues
muciparous decongesting effects
regenerative effects on body tissues
Which diseases the salve heals or relieves as a complementary medicine

all kinds of superficial wounds, cuts, acne pimples, furuncles, nail incarnations, corns, certain nail fungus
ragged commissure of lips, fever blisters, herpes
certain types of dermatitis (including atopical) and psoriasis
rheumatism and arthritic pains (up to the 2nd degree of arthritis)
torticollis, back pains, muscular pains and cramps, sprains and other contusions
phlebitis, venous ulcerations
hemorrhoids
menstruation pains
cold and sore throat, bronchitis
asthmatic problems with breathing
chronical inflammation of larynx (application in the form of a Priessnitz compress)
migraine, head pains
Research on the anti-inflammatory effects of topical cannabis

“Topical Pot: Skin allergies may be the next reason to use marijuana”

Scientists have long suspected that marijuana, used for recreational purposes and to help fight chronic pain, nausea and even some mental disorders like anxiety and depression, also had anti-inflammatory effects in the body.

Now they think they know why.

In a study published in the current issue of the journal Science, researchers show exactly how they think that works, elucidating how the body’s own cannabinoids, compounds that are similar to the ones found in marijuana, reduce inflammation.

Mice had a harder time healing from wounds caused by ear tags used to identify them when researchers blocked their internal cannabinoids, said Dr. Meliha Karsak, lead author and scientist in molecular neurobiology at the University of Bonn in Germany. Cannabinoids are involved in many of the body’s daily functions, scientists believe, but they’re still trying to figure out how.

Mice also healed faster from skin allergies with topical THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana and other plants, she said.

Dr. Frank Lucido, a Berkeley physician who was not involved in the study but regularly recommends medical marijuana, said the plant’s anti-inflammatory effects didn’t surprise him. He has had patients who say their psoriasis, an immune disease that affects the skin and joints, and asthma get better when they smoke marijuana.

In the 1980s, scientists discovered receptors in the body that respond to active compounds in cannabis, Karsak said. Once activated with THC and other chemicals from marijuana, the receptors had effects downstream, for instance changing a person’s mood and perception. Since then, two main receptors have been studied: One is more prevalent in the central nervous system, the other in the periphery.

The one in the periphery seems to respond to cannabinoids in inflammation and is found in cells of the immune system, said Dr. Donald Abrams, a San Francisco General Hospital physician who has studied the effects of marijuana use in HIV patients.

“Most people have believed for some time that the cannabinoid system is involved in modulating the immune system,” he said.

Further reading

We also recommend looking at this recipe for ideas. ( The Holy Anointing Oil used by Jesus is incredibly powerful, perhaps some of the ingredients actually increase absorption. )

Cannabis based salve experiments

Medicated Cannabis Salve (and other Cannabis recipes)

Anti-inflammatory activity of topical THC in DNFB-mediated mouse allergic contact dermatitis independent of CB1 and CB2 receptors

Here hope this helps

4 Likes

@Hammer. I will call him tomorrow morning and see exactly what to do for you friend

1 Like

@RonAz420 thanx ron will be watching…Hammer

1 Like

@Hammer. Hello friend. Here it is. Needed 2Cups crushed cannabis. 2cups coconut oil. About an eighth of a cup beeswax.Cannabis salve=2 CUPS Coconut oil/2Cups crushed cannabis Leaves,Stems,And Roots. Begin with Coconut Oil as your carrier oil for the active ingredients. Pour the 2 cups of cannabis into a saucepan and heat it at 190 degrees for fifteen to twenty minutes to toast and decarboxylate the plant matter. Do not burn it!. Immediately pour the prepared cannabis into the coconut oil in a separate saucepan. Heat gently almost to the point of simmering for about 45 minutes to one hour.After heating.,pour and filter the mixture thru cheesecloth. Squeeze the cloth into a ball around the plant material to remove as much oil as possible. Next it’s ready to mix with beeswax. Melt an eighth of a cup of beeswax in a pan. Combine the beeswax with two thirds of a a cup of the cannabis coconut oil you have made. Put into containers before it hardens. It can be stirred and fluffed as it solidifies. Can add one teaspoon of vitamin e if desired. Works on burns, skin cancers. All sorts of remedies. Add eucalyptus oil and rub on temples for migraines too!.

1 Like

@ktreez420 found this post while searching for root recipes

1 Like

Lol I don’t know how I never found it! Thank you @Wishbone! :v:

1 Like

Tried to like your post with all the work you put into helping but a pop-up came on and said you are not permitted to view the requested resource . So I will just say thanks @Majiktoker . One other question had was when I was young the only people I knew to grow always said pull the plant roots and all rinse the dirt from the roots and hang all upside down to boost the THC. level of the plant . But now it seems everyone just cuts it at the dirt line . Was this a myth of old wives tale ?

I actually heard the roots have more medicinal elements than psychotropic. Supposedly it’s got more CBD than THC. I’m not positive on this information though :v:

1 Like

You can use roots as a medicinal property in pretty sure roots as well as stocks have oils in them, and my pleasure

1 Like

Pops always said waste not want not . But I could have written that book called s&%t my dad said . His favorite was never trip over a dollar to pick up a dime .

2 Likes