Root Rott has started

Graysin If you are around please let me know what I should do until the Cal mag arrives. I have to make the best with what I have. Thanks

1 Like

Take a picture of the containers you have? That will help me look at the analysis for the right products.

1 Like

I will top feed70% bloom 30% veg on the 29th.

Do you have access to Dolomite Lime? It contains calcium magnesium carbonate or calcitic lime with added epson salts :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The Dr Earth Vegetable fert has 7.5% calcium. That, accompanied by some pure Epsom salts (thanks for the reminder @OGIncognito ), a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (any grocery store or pharmacy has em) will provide some calcium and magnesium to help keep the CalMag deficiency at bay

2 Likes

Hey guys. I think I am a little late on this convo but just by it’s very nature, being a mixture of soil and coco, would that mean that you would need to start introducing nutes much sooner than you would if you were using 100% soil since coco is sterile?

2 Likes

got some.

you suggest adding .5 tsp epson salt to all gallons i water? until i get the cal mag.
Any idea how many tablespoons of the DR earth Veg i should add to the water as well or should the epsom salt be enough? to carry me a few days?

1 Like

How much Veg did you use last time you added some?

I’d do a 1/8th cup Veg and 1/2 tsp epsom salts in a gallon of water and next time you water just use plain water, I would rather not accidentally create a toxicity by adding more than needed.

2 Likes

Last top Dress 1/8 was 5+5 tablespoons of both veg and bloom, I added 1/4 table spoon of each yesterday into a gallon as you told me and gave it to her.
Next top dress1/29 will be a 70 bloom 30% veg

1 Like

Good deal. Do just the 1/8 cup veg and 1/2tsp Epsom next watering and let it ride til the CalMag arrives. Once the CalMag arrives, shift to the CalMag at a full dose until your regularly scheduled topdress.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: excellent :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I meant to say my last top dress was on January 1/8th . I used 5 tablespoons of veg and 5 of the bloom.

and after the top dress? half dose of cal mag every gallon?

1 Like

I know what ya meant.

I’m saying when you water now, dissolve 1/8th cup of Veg and 1 tsp Epsom into a gallon of water and use that to water her. Only water this way once, because too much Veg can become problematic but she needs the calcium it provides.

Then when the CalMag arrives use that every watering til you’re set to top dress again.

Full dose. Always go full for the CalMag where coco is involved.

2 Likes

Graysin,
Would I be able to grow nice bud with the Nutrients you know I have now and also CannaCoco? or would it make more sense cut losses and buy one of the hydro nutes like 321 ?

Would a good flush be beneficial right before my next top feeding considering all the mistakes Ive made? if yes, how much for a 5 gallon pot? Dispose of run off always right?

Thank you!

I have never used the nutrients you have on hand. On paper it seems like it should work fine, but I don’t have the firsthand experience to say it’ll work. Especially since I don’t know if it’s designed to be added every watering or if it theoretically should be added on a schedule or risking overload.

Using the same nutrients as at least a handful of growers is the easiest way to get advice tailored to help you with what you get as your nute line, but that’s not to say you can’t make meaningful buds out of what you already have.

No need to flush, but always water to a little bit of runoff (10-20%) in coco-esque mediums.

1 Like

I figure The Dr earth will wash away quickly, my schedule says every 3 weeks- top dress. Seaweed/ molasses every 2 weeks. + Cal mag every feeding im not using the aforementioned that time … Water couple times a day? Solid or a stretch? I’ll be sure to show pictures as she matures.

I water my coco once a day, I haven’t needed to water it more frequently than that (yet - I’m sure the day is coming).

1 Like

Good to know, Once im done with the DR earth, what nutrient line would you recommend? considering i also have the other nutes left over?

1 Like

Jack’s is my go-to. Easy, affordable, lots of us use it.

2 Likes