Root rot on one plant in a connected system

Do you have a picture of your system to see how it’s built?

Not at the moment, it’s all torn apart for the cleaning I’m doing. I’m pH adjusting some water and then will add nutes so it will be at least a couple of hours before I put the plant back in, it’s sitting in a H2O2 bath right now as was previously suggested.

1 Like

What kind of hoses are you using?

I took some pics of it anyway, here they are. I was using 1/2" drip irrigation pipe but just switched to stainless flex pipe on the outside connections to make it easier to connect and disconnect but stuck with poly pipe for the sprayers. What you don’t see in these pics is the feed from the pump going in the top of the bucket and the return line out from the bottom.

1 Like

Awesome! Have you thought about an underwater current? I do under water which doesn’t feed from the top so you don’t have to worry about sprayers getting stopped up. Although you would still have to worry about roots in the system but it’s definitely manageable.
Maybe @PharmerBob has some thoughts and ideas to how to help you out.
If you want to do underwater there are several folks here to help.

I hadn’t ever heard of that until now. I googled it to see if I could get the general idea of how it works - so it looks like you keep the water level at a certain point and circulate from the reservoir to the bucket(s) where you have plants? And the plant bucket never empties? Kind of a dwc with a reservoir?

You actually are pulling the water out of the totes with an inline pump which pumps it into the res which then traveles back to the totes through pvc lines. I have mine setup that way if you care to look.

I would like to see it, thanks!

I stuffed this into a 4x4

It uses a EFlux 1200gph pump to pull solution thru the totes and pumps back into the res.

I would switch it to rdwc as stated above.

I wish I had a pic of an old system. My new one is a bit much for a first setup. But if you want to see.

1 Like

Something like this?

2 Likes

Put air stone in resivoir also.

Thanks, will do!

Well it’s really gone to shit now… Any ideas?
Water temp is 72.5, pH 5.9, EC 1.72, room temp 75, Sunday starts week 6.

I have it in one 5-gallon bucket now with airstones, it’s been there for 2 days and has slowly gotten worse. I really don’t want to lose this 2nd plant if I can help it.

1 Like

From what I can see, top growth looks better than the bottom growth.

Looks like either nitrogen deficiency and or magnesium deficiency. What nutes are you using again?

Would you be willing to try Jack’s nutrients?

How high is your light above the plant?

I’m using Foxfarm - Growbig, Bigbloom and Tigerbloom. Right now it’s 60/40 Growbig and Bigbloom. I’m willing to try anything, as long as the local hydro shop has it anyway.

The light is about 8" above the plant. They are led’s that I’ve been using since day 1 with them and kept them 6-8" above them the whole time.

1 Like

If they are a strong wattage, most lights should be around 18 - 24”

Leaf tips curling tell me heat / environmental conditions which can cause photosynthesis not properly operate correctly.

I would try to raise the light up to at least 18”

First what kind of light is it? Not a light expert but know plenty that are.

1 Like

These are the lights. Fairly low power I think. I also use them to grow lettuce in Kratky jars and keep them about 6" above. Could they be too much for this plant even though they are ok for lettuce? There is so much I don’t know and these two plants are suffering because of it… Hey, at least I have more seeds!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082ZL1Q63/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Let me just say, your plants look like they are la lack enough light, but again I’m not the light expert.
@dbrn32 @Covertgrower can y’all help a brother out here with the light and diagnosis of his plants above?
Light is 8” away. ??

Anybody??

2 Likes