Root rot on my RQS CRITICAL OHHH NO!

That plant is using a wallmart air pump and a medium air stone… 2 inch air stone under some cfl’s. … lol

These are my diy rdwc with built in chiller systems… :wink:
Work like a charm with no issues… :wink:
A 2×4×8 tent would rock this system. … I only use it for veg… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have one quick question have you ever tried the Advanced Nutrients Trio fertilize or know anybody that has I’m thinking of switching is a little cheaper than what I’m using now

I used AN back when I was growing in soil… but not since I switched to hydro… now I use GH 3 part nutrients with orca and hydroguard and Humboldt additives… :wink:

Please fill out this support ticket so we can better help you.

Copy/Paste: This “Support Ticket” Into Your Forum Post.
Answer These Simple Questions The Best You Can.
If You Do Not Know, Or Do Not Use Something; Just Say So = Na

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The

Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You 

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na
The Strain is a green crack feminized not an auto bought it from the seedsman sprouted in 24 hours

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?
growing in a dwc with a 3.75 inch net pot in a 5 gallon bucket with an leca medium started seed in a rapid Rooter placed some of the expanded clay Pebbles on the bottom of the net pot ran a 3/16 line through the side to where it was touching the rapid Rooter placed the seed inside the next morning the cotyledons were exposed with no light for 24 hours of course with a submersible pump inside the bucket like a drip emitter with a 160 gallon 2 valve air pump

System Type?

Dwc

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?
Dwc solution in Reservoir

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds I did a reservoir change the day before the problem started and I had taken it from 500 to 7:20

Indoor Or Outdoor
Indoor

Light System, Size?
300w viparspectra

Temps; Day, Night
Daytime temp 75 night time temp 69 to 72

Humidity; Day, Night
I live in North Carolina on the beach very humid climate but I have not actually checked humidity

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size
Have one 12 inch oscillating fan

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
I haven’t purchased one yet

Co2; Yes, No
No

I am very sorry revise that the strain is rqs critical bought it from the same place though

Any chance you’re getting some light penetration into that particular bucket?

at first I couldn’t say for sure now I’m almost sure there is no light getting in but I will be positively making sure real soon the only other option I can think of the roots have gotten 90% better

Nothing seems out of the ordinary… your roots don’t look bad either… :wink:

1 Like

Actually, healthy roots and healthy plants do not die and rot attracting fungal outbreaks, but clearly something real bad happened real fast to your roots.

I see a lot of black stuff inside your air tubing, what is that? Air tubing is cheap @ pennies a foot, maybe change tubing out eh.

I have heard and read that Pythium and other fungi love hydroponic environments that develop low oxygen problems. Their anaerobic colonies thrive quickly when a low oxygen conditions present, fungi are opportunist and ubiquitous in hydroponic solutions just patiently waiting for a feast of dying, rotting roots to eat and the outbreak is ON.

So what in the world could have happened that killed your roots so quickly?

Looks like you have already tested everything you can think of in you nutrient water that can kill your roots so quickly like this.

Have you considered tested your DO Saturation in your nutrient water at the onset of this crisis just to confirm or deny that your roots may have simply suffocated, died and rotted?

have you did check this out, what was your DO in that nasty reservoir water containing those rotting roots?

Is your nutrient DO 100% Saturation or greater (safe or not safe)?

If your DO is low, your roots have most likely suffocated from lack of oxygen.

If your DO test reveals low oxygen is a problem, well, the most logical thing to do is increase the DO in the water and that problem is totally resolved, fixed and low O2 root suffocation is totally eliminated.

A simple solution that is fixable ASAP. Suffocation is a real killer.

*Understanding Dissolved Oxygen by Kurt Becker 2/27/2017 Understanding Dissolved Oxygen

Kurt’s a real Guru and claims, “… 8 PPM DO Concentration is good – 30 PPM DO Concentration is much better. And DO Supersaturation is best, “it can increase quality and plant growth, reducing cropping time and overall health. High levels of dissolved oxygen promote healthy root growth.”

I have been doing res changes and continued the heavier concentrate hydrogaurd and there almost healed and continuing to produce new root and plant growth

2 Likes