Root rot? Doesn’t seem like it but not too sure

Okay, so my plants have this brown stuff at water surface level on the roots.
All of my plants look really healthy except for 1.
The buckets do not smell, and the stuff on the roots/sides of buckets are not slimy, it looks more like… a stain?
My res temps are constantly at 67F
I am using 1300GPH air pump for my six buckets and get a rolling boil look.
I am also using hydroguard.
I use advanced nutrients micro grow bloom for my nutes.
Can anybody give me an idea of what’s going on?

This plant has the LEAST amount of brown on the roots but the plant itself looks like this.

Here are the other plants/roots

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Bogleg @Hellraiser @BetrayedSoul

I’m betting the others can help you more here, but I’m wondering how large gap between bottom of net pots and water level are? My understanding is you want a little bit of room, but not more than like half to 1 inch. Also wondering if grow, micro, bloom and hydro guard covers everything you have been running? I know things like hygrozyme will do that to res, I’m sure there is long list of product that would also.

1 Like

There is a 2 inch gap between the bottom of the net pots and the water line.
Sorry, forgot to include that into the post and it’s too late to edit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe that advanced nutrients may stain your roots…
If nothing srinks or is slimy , I wouldn’t stress to much… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah if it doesn’t smell, I wouldn’t stress.

1 Like

Not a hydro guy, listen to others.

1 Like

I agree with staining. As long as it isn’t slimy. Keep a close eye on it. You should be good with the temp you have.

If you use a chiller check all the tubs temp using a ph pen, they usually show temp as well. Or maybe it’s the ppm pen. Sometimes water flow isn’t enough for the chiller to keep all tubs cool. Farther away from res the warmer the tub.

1 Like

@peachfuzz @BetrayedSoul thank you guys, i was leaning towards the same thing because the micro portion of the nutrients is brown like that.
Just wanted to double check with some more knowledgeable people :slight_smile:

Do you know have an idea of what could be going on with the droopy plant? Its like that all the time :frowning:

@BetrayedSoul my PPM pen has a temp checker on it also, but its really slow to get the actual temp so i always just relied on what the chiller was telling me, i will check that though, thank you.

1 Like