Root protector in hydroponics

ILGM pest products.
Have a question regarding the root protector. Instructions say to spray onto the leaves, then use plain water to flush it down evenly to the roots. I’m growing in hydroponics so it’s not logical to flush it down with water as it will get all over my grow space floor.
Would it be acceptable to spray it directly onto the roots, or just mix a tad into the hydro solution?

I am not sure what you are trying to use if you are growing in hydro…most will add something like hydroguard to the nutrient mix and not spray on the plant…

2 Likes

I bought the 3 bottle system from ILGM, bug blaster, root protector and the mold, it said it was good for hydroponics, just not sure about the application for the root protector. I may just skip using that one as I’ve never had an issue with the roots.

I went to check out the product - Bergmans Root protector. Its bacteria so too much is a non-issue. You should be able to mix to instructions for your total water volume. Example 4 ml per gallon x i have 50 gallons = 200ml and dump it in.

If this is your first time with a non sterile resivor id highly recommend Hydroguard, Voodoo Juice + from Advanced Nutrients and some Dr. Tims Waste Away bacteria to keep away cyanobacteria. Others use different combos of products for their Myco or plant benifical bacteria. Hydroguard is pretty standard, but not everyone uses it.

2 Likes

I’ve been using since I found this product a couple years ago. I’m using DWC and with no chiller aside from prepping water with frozen water bottles.
Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant, Quart
https://a.co/d/0FazEVk

Thank you for the info muchly appreciated, I’ve ordered hydrogaurd, scheduled to be here tomorrow. I’ve been using General Hydrophonics nutrient solution, but recently bought some Humboldt abase A & B, Tree, Sweet N Sticky and Flower Stacker. Buying all 5 of Humboldt’s gets spendy, not sure of the best way to go, I’m experimenting with both right now to see yields.
I growing inside, grow tent, Root Spa 5 gallon buckets, I always get quality results, but very low yields, mostly between 1.5 oz to 5 oz per plant.
In fact the quality is so good, they are lined up waiting for the next to get done.
I’ve checked PH, it’s correct, although depending where you read it, some say 5.5 to 6.5, others say 5.5 to 5.8. I use 1000 watt led’s early veg 1 light per plant, later when it gets a little bigger I will add 2 more per plant on the sides.
Any suggestions about getting bigger yields?

A lot of the hydro growers here use Jacks 3-2-1 with astounding results. I am a black sheep and use Advanced Nutrients grand master but its pricey. I get about 1 pound per plant, but im growing huge photos.

A lot goes into yeild, at a high level training plants to grow to your lights is a big one, and overall health, then size, but ive seen folks pull a pound off an auto in a 4x4 tent. I’m going to tag a few of the resident hydro growers here. They can elaborate more on the nutes and training.and is who I learn from /lean on. If you want to know more about Advanced i can help there.

@HappyHydroGrower , @OGIncognito , @Chrisr36 @CooterJuice

3 Likes

I have 2 10x10 tents and 1 4x 8 tent. I mostly use 1000w led lights, but have 1 4000w and 2 3000 w lights, all leds. I am more then willing to learn, and I’m very open to advice, thank you.

1 Like

Appreciate the tag Grow Bro and definitely can’t ague with your nutrients and results. I chose jacks 321 and the Jacks Bloom and finish nutrients for the simplicity, affordability and how long a bag last. Biggest thing I’ve learned with Aeroponics which is closely related to Hydro is keeping the PH and reservoir temps in check. Yourself, @HappyHydroGrower and @CooterJuice are definitely the hydro go to dudes :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Jarlax As far as rez health i use Hydroguard, Sensizym and Tribus Original. Have never had any root issues, even with my rez running at 76°F in the summertime

1 Like