Rookiegrower does GDP, GSC and Cream/Cheese

Just an update, I ordered yet another light. I decided on the ChilLed X3 over the HLG 600 r-spec. Price was the deciding factor, but wanted performance as well. I’m stoked to get more light in flower, I plan on putting two of the 300L r-specs in one tent and the X3 in another.

4 Likes

Me too most of the time

Congrats on the new light. Which x3 did you get? :v::sunglasses:

the X3 330w, I’m using it on a 2x4 flower tent. I’ll put the two HLG 300L in one of the other flower tents and see how they do. I’m really impressed on the design of ChilLED.

1 Like

So here’s the lastest pictures of the girls in veg. I’d say recharge, Tribus and Jacks are doing their thing!! I trimmed them back yesterday and can barely tell they were stressed at all.

7 Likes

The ladies in flower are nice and frosty. The Blue Haze alittle less frosty but she has some fat, solid buds growing!! American haze x cali haze second and blue haze first

7 Likes

@Gillstergirl here is my grow journal for the current grow if you wanna check it out.

1 Like

Do you guys change the ratio of jacks for flower? I’m thinking about switching from gh flora trio to jacks. Just trying to get my head wrapped around it. Was going to order the two main parts, but epson salt from Walmart and maybe recharge. You think that would be a good starting point? The 25 lb bags should last a while?

2 Likes

Hey Holly, I’m not sure about Jack’s 321 might need to ask @Hellraiser since I’m using Jack’s Tap, Bloom and Finish. I personally love the Jack’s setup I have as it’s made for tap water application.

Solid plan, I know you need epsom salt for 321 and Recharge is the bomb!!

Ummm ya like a year lol, You only use like 2.5 or 3.5 grams of the stuff per watering so it lasts awhile. I’m on my second grow using Jack’s and hardly made a dent in the bags.

3 Likes

I use Jack’s 321. Seed to harvest.
My tap has about 60 ppm’s
PH runs right at 7.0

I run in this order

Armor Si:
1/4 tsp/gal till after the stretch then run 3/4 tsp/gal till 6th week of flower the stop armor si.

Part A: 3.69 gr/gal
Epson Salt: 1.5 gr/gal
Part B: 2.44 gr/gal
Hydroguard: 1/2 tsp/gal
Then PH to 6.0 (recommended)

Seed to harvest

I got the 25 lb bags now and probably won’t need anymore for another at least 7 years, literally.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Heck ya, thanks for filling in that info. Jack’s Tap uses like 2.5 gr and finish is a whooping 5.0 gr.

3 Likes

If these ginormous bags only last a year, I’ll be growing 6 plants at a time in continuous rotation

Seriously they some big ass bags to get a pinch or two every couple/few days

2 Likes

My bag is the smaller 5 lb…sorry for the confusion. 25lbs will last a lot longer than a year.

2 Likes

Unless I repack smaller amounts and sell it on eBay, like every one else on eBay, it might last 25 years

3 Likes

Here’s the break-down:

I have 22 gal of water in my system.

There is 11,339 gr. in 25 lbs.

Part A: 3.69 gr. x 22 gal. = 81.18 gr. per 22 gal of water.
If I change water every 2 weeks, based on a 16 week grow, that’s 8 water changes.
That means I’ll use 81.18 gr. (22 gal of water) x 8 water changes = 649 gr. per grow cycle.

So, based off of that info, I can get
11,339 gr. divided by 649 gr. per grow cycle = 17 grow cycles. And I have 2 grow sites so that’s basically 34 plants. I’m doing about 4 plants per year. So I was wrong on the above post… (so sue me)…lol. It’ll last me about 4 years.

(Disclaimer), this is all based on a perfect world, haha, but it’s close.

Also needs to be mentioned, Part B will absorb moisture if not sealed good and will throw off your formula.

5 Likes

Somebody loves them some math/problem solving or somebody is stoned!

4 Likes

Hahaha, :rofl: :joy: :rofl: Math not so much, stoned… yeah soooo much…lol :scream: :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

So total and epic rookie failure that may have just ruined one flower tent. I’m such an idiot!!! So i moved all my tents into a spare bedroom about 2 weeks ago, maybe more. In doing so, i accidentally switched my veg timer with my flower timer. Stupid i know!!! I dont see any hermies but i am sure there is balls somewhere, the buds are just too dense. Anyways corrected the issue with timers, but now my veg tent is in full flower as well…which is fine i suppose. My question is…what do i do with the flower tent that got 18/6 for over 2 weeks? @Hellraiser @dbrn32

3 Likes

I think you will just have to switch back and ride it out. I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think extending veg any longer will help you in the long run. Any damage done is likely irreversible at this point. A hearty enough plant may shoot right through without issue.

6 Likes

Yep, it’s all you can do at this point.

6 Likes