Rookie mistake iisastupidnewb

so the newbie that i am, i put my seeds that have a tap root in my seeding soil in solo cups under cfl lighting but i watered them till i got run off. yes very wet soil so i have them outside in the sun to dry out the soil. is this ok or should i dig out the seeds and put them in dry soil ( i cant believe i did this ) any help would be great @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @dbrn32 @FloridaSon @garrigan62 @Happy_Pappy @anon95385719 @Niala @Screwauger @Sittingbull64 ty.

1 Like

Personally, I would not disturb them any further by digging them up and replanting. I think just letting them dry out a bit will be the best course for you. You might want to have a fan blowing to help with evaporation.

Do your solo cups have drainage holes? If not, that will need to be corrected. Be sure to use pH adjusted water. For soil, your pH should be maintained from 6.3 - 6.8 with 6.5 being the target value.

7 Likes

Merlin said everything I would have. Make sure u out some holes in those cups

2 Likes

yes i cut 4 holes in each one

2 Likes

thanks for the fast response fellas:+1:

1 Like

Your girls will be fine, just follow the advice of the folks on the forum. I for one made just about every mistake that a new grower can make and my first grow is making buds. Yours will too @daddydays.:+1:

Without the guidance from the forum, I would likely have killed my plants within the first couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Leave them alone is what I’d do.

2 Likes

I’m definitely with everyone who says leave them alone!! I think your taking the right corrective measures too :wink:

2 Likes

That’s funny. Boy, can’t we go to extremes?

1 Like

I agree with masses

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I took the dome off and put a fan in there going to leave it like that till I get home from work tomorrow.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, just let them dry out and You`'ll be fine. You know what I use,…lmao s turkey baster…works great for watering your seedlings

Will

2 Likes

I’ve messed up so many times it not funny sometimes that’s the best lesson it hurts but it true don’t give up keep growing I’m 55 years old and I’ve just got better in the last few years

1 Like

That’s awesome, I’m just going to use that blue spray bottle for now on and just spray them, ph is 6.6

When you do add a cap of hydrogen peroxide and root stimulant 2ml and watch happends…awesome

So I can add a cap to the spray bottle?

Hey i’m 65 and still learning from you all

1 Like