Rookie grow- the adventure begins!

Wow just wow , that’s awesome :sunglasses: great job.

1 Like

My girl that is furthest along is starting to show some sort of deficiency.

Any help identifying what the cause is? I’m thinking maybe cal-mag?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Majiktoker @Aquaponic_Dumme @Donaldj @garrigan62 @Hogmaster

Realy Need a pic in normal light, can’t see in led lights

Don’t know if this ones any better. Still with LEDs but the flash instead.

@Wishingilivedina420state

1 Like

Looks a lot like a lock out to me, but wait on the real pros, I’m wrong so much lately .

Can you feel out a support ticket for a quick reference, not sure how old the last one is , and just to be safe.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA - unknown fem strain

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? FFOF

System type? Manual fill drip system

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS - PPM : last watering was 575 ppm with 1800 ppm runoff

Indoor or Outdoor - indoor

Light system, size? LED- total 550 true Watts

Temps; Day, Night : day 75 night 70

Humidity; Day, Night: 35-45

Ventilation system; 6in 430 cfm fan, 3 fans inside tent moving air

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
AC running on timer

Co2; No

I just learned with my girls that if your ppm are higher coming out than going in that they aren’t ready for nutrients (mine are clones in early veg so “fresh” soil). I would imagine it means similar in your stage but perhaps more because of lock out as @Wishingilivedina420state suggested. Do you recall what the ppm’s were in you prior feeding?

1 Like

So I’m going with @AnneBonny on this, and adding that when I check ppm run off it does the same thing. Why is this? I was told that I need to strain the runoff water threw a pair of old pantyhose to remove any soil that has come out of the run off. All my pos are smart pots all my plants run off is higher than when I went in .

I may have missed it but what nutrients are you using? At what strength?

Age of the plants and how long in that ffof soil?

What size are your pots?

pH of water in and out to clarify please?

I see one leaf showing copperish colored damage is that correct?

@Ray4x

Please tag me in your response

@bob31

Yeah looks like copper or rust colored.

Plants are 4 weeks into flowering in 5 gal pots.

I’m using General hydroponics nutrients. Last feeding was stronger at about 1100 ppm.

Ph in 6.5- out 6.5

@AnneBonny
I don’t think that is necessarily true. Your runoff is just more indicative of what nutrients are left in the soil. But it makes sense that any runoff would be higher than what your going in. It’s more rare to see a runoff come out with less than what your putting in.

1 Like

@Ray4x have you checked your runoff TDS of regular ph water?

You’re following the drain to waste schedule for GH?

Do me a favor and check around lower on the plant for any other issues.

I think you are going in with too much nutrients. 4th week of Flower the GH Chart recommends 600 - 800 ppm

I’d go to two rounds of plain water and check the TDS in and out of the second watering. See what those numbers look like.

You’re letting the Chlorine/ Chloramine evaporate?

1 Like

@bob31

Yes I’m letting the chlorine evaporate off- 24hrs with an airstone.

Yes I see that the ppms seem high- but then again my water is 325 ppm by itself- so the nutrients aren’t quiet that. I don’t believe I’m running into nute burn- seems more like a deficiency to me.

And although GHs guide is drain to waste- I believe it is still formulated for hydro- so it would make sense to have a higher runoff out of soil.

I was looking at both since I never assume anything! Your runoff TDS numbers seem too high for deficiency.

I see what looks like burnt tips on your leaves? Maybe it’s the pics with the LED lights on, but the leaves surrounding the discolored leaf look like the tips are all burnt to me. That would lead me to think Excess.

Remember GH says 600 - 800 and you are starting with 325 and feeding at 1100 that means 775 is coming from your nutrients. You’re are getting 1800 out after 1100 nutrients then I believe you are giving too much nutrients! I think you should probably be feeding at a TDS of closer to 600 / 925.

I am on a Feed, Water Feed (or feed water water feed, depending…) Schedule that gets me to feeding about one to 1.5 times per week.Are you feeding every time you water? What schedule do you follow?

@Ray4x

1 Like

@bob31

I usually feed feed water.

This one out of all 4 of my plants appears to be taking up nutrients much slower. In general my ppm is going down 300-400 between feedings. But with her she’s only going down 100-200.

I thought maybe deficiency if I’m not giving it the right blend of nutrients.

Also when I have given weaker nutrients batches the plants seem wilty and hungry for the next feeding. So I’ve switched to a strong feeding/ weak feeding/ straight water schedule.

Do me a favor. Tomorrow get a good look at all of her leaves. Make sure you don’t have any other issues on her leaves, check low and high. Take a few pics in white light.

She might just be a problem child. Sometimes they do weird stuff for no reason. Ive had exact same plants side by side, no difference one burned up every tip on her and all sorts of ugly twisted leaves. the other nothing. same everything…

@Ray4x

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll check tonight. She’s is scrogged and has no under carriage. I’ve seen it on a few other leaves too.

I think I saw someone post on here about rust colored spots and I thought they said it was cal mag issue. It doesn’t really look like burn to me- but what do I know? Lol

Hence why I asked for help.

1 Like

I was leaning towards cal-mag and I use a dose at the beginning of flower and once a month (But cal-mag is not recommended to be used unless their is deficiency showing), but then I saw what looked like burnt tips to me and I switched gears… We will sort it out tomorrow! @Ray4x

2 Likes

@bob31

Here hope these are a little better.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

Haven’t posted in awhile but wanted to just check in and let you all know my final results. I’m more that satisfied with how my first grow turned out. I got over 10 oz of smokeable bud and another 5 oz of trimmings/ shake for edibles.

I had a blast growing and wouldn’t have been able to yield as much with out all your guys help.

The smoke is great! Nice and smooth and gets me lit!

Thanks all!

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89 @dbrn32 @Majiktoker @Ron330 @Donaldj @daz49 @Hogmaster @kabongster

14 Likes